BRown Or MCgahee??? | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BRown Or MCgahee???

Justasportsfan said:
All this time I thought it was Shula preffering to throw the ball all the time so he doesn't hurt Dan's feelings by finding a great rb. My bad.

No surprise that the "finer" points are beyond your grasp. In a year (1995) when the Fin's offense scored the 2nd most points in the AFC and the defense gave up point totals like - 27, 33, 34, 44, 36, 23, 37, the problem was Dan's feelings, not the defense.... :shakeno:

Hopefully, Brown

But McGahee is pretty damn good. Let me look into the crystal ball and see......:cooldude:

To be honest with you, i think both players are extremely close to one another.

Both had limited time in college as the guy. Both played FB in college due to talent at that position moving them to the side. Both are good size RB's who have speed and good hands, while also being blockers.

In the end, if you where to evaluate them at the same time you'd have t go with Brown due to the fact he is faster, bigger, has better hands and is a better blocker.

Willis was a better inside runner, had better vision, and sems to hit the hole a bit faster at this point.

What I'm saying is: They're basically the same player.

McGahee is anything but overrated.....i think both backs will be great and will be in honolulu in some time

Carnell, oops I mean McGahee, hands down. Carnell, McGahee, then who cares. Yup, missed the boat in this draft, or the caddy I should say. Take your RB that dont know when to run away from a backer. "Size them up Ronnie!". but, you'll have to see it to believe it. Dont come crying when he is broke, and in the repair shop. More like a Yugo hitting a Mack truck. Should be interesting to see just how long into the season he will last. My bet, three weeks. Then we'll get to hear all the great philosophies of how the rookies always get hurt, and blah blah blah. Just knowing all along in your hearts, that Yugo, oops H2 is a bust.

Justasportsfan said:
All this time I thought it was Shula preffering to throw the ball all the time so he doesn't hurt Dan's feelings by finding a great rb. My bad.

NAH these arguments are all moot. These Miami vs Buffalo games of the early 90's were never won because of Levy being better than Shula or Kelly being better than Marino or even Thurman Thomas having big games. They were won, mostly by Buffalo, because the Bills had the better and more complete team. Football is the ultimate team sport yet for some reason fans love to be fixated on the individual matchups, most of the time with guys who aren't even on the field at the same time. It's sad really. That's why IMHO Marino was so great because for most of the years he was in Miami the Dolphins won becuase of him and lost becuase of the team they had around him.

In the early 90's the Buffalo offense was like a dream team, it certainly wasn't so good becuase of any one individual. The Buffalo defense, although not as strong as their offense, was still better than Miami's. We always try to read into these things too much but they're really simple. Actually it's rare where you see coaching out match talent. I'd say the Giants beating the Bills in 90 was due to coaching becuase on paper that game is a rout in the favor of the Bills.

Then there's New England. I'm so sick and tired about hearing how they don'y have much talent and win becuase of great coaching. Bull****!!!! There isn't one Dolphin or Bill who would start for New England.

LithoMan said:
Carnell, oops I mean McGahee, hands down. Carnell, McGahee, then who cares. Yup, missed the boat in this draft, or the caddy I should say. Take your RB that dont know when to run away from a backer. "Size them up Ronnie!". but, you'll have to see it to believe it. Dont come crying when he is broke, and in the repair shop. More like a Yugo hitting a Mack truck. Should be interesting to see just how long into the season he will last. My bet, three weeks. Then we'll get to hear all the great philosophies of how the rookies always get hurt, and blah blah blah. Just knowing all along in your hearts, that Yugo, oops H2 is a bust.

I really think people are way too nit picky when talking about this years draft. Brown, Caddy and Benson were probably all going to go in order regardless of what order it was going to be. I think you'd have to be a complete idiot to think that one of them was or is wayyyyyyy better than the next one. They're all close with Ronnie having the best measurables and upside of the 3. Think abut it would you rather have the 5'9" guy who is 217 and runs a 4.45 or the 6'1" guy who is 230 and runs a 4.45. Ronnie is the best blocker in the bunch, by far, and the best receiver (some scouts said he had the best hands in the draft period) of the bunch.

He's a backup right??????? Well so was Barry Sanders and Priest Holmes. Maybe Caddy will be thurman and Ronnie will be Barry. Wouldn't that be something.

F150&Dolfan said:
NAH these arguments are all moot. These Miami vs Buffalo games of the early 90's were never won because of Levy being better than Shula or Kelly being better than Marino or even Thurman Thomas having big games. They were won, mostly by Buffalo, because the Bills had the better and more complete team. Football is the ultimate team sport yet for some reason fans love to be fixated on the individual matchups, most of the time with guys who aren't even on the field at the same time. It's sad really. That's why IMHO Marino was so great because for most of the years he was in Miami the Dolphins won becuase of him and lost becuase of the team they had around him.

In the early 90's the Buffalo offense was like a dream team, it certainly wasn't so good becuase of any one individual. The Buffalo defense, although not as strong as their offense, was still better than Miami's. We always try to read into these things too much but they're really simple. Actually it's rare where you see coaching out match talent. I'd say the Giants beating the Bills in 90 was due to coaching becuase on paper that game is a rout in the favor of the Bills.

Then there's New England. I'm so sick and tired about hearing how they don'y have much talent and win becuase of great coaching. Bull****!!!! There isn't one Dolphin or Bill who would start for New England.
Wannyfaninbuffalo disagrees. It was all because of Shula's loyalty to whatchamacallit.

dominizzo said:
i knoww, but i just wanna know long run with all the hype Ronnie has and sciuts have him listed as apremier running back

Dude, learn to type, and or how to spell. :)

LithoMan said:
Your kidding right? Carnell is the next Barry. Ronnie keeps sizing up LB's in the NFL, like he did in college, he will be the next bust.

Oh look "Mr. I am NEVER wrong" decided to grace us with his presence and attitude this evening.

Go ahead and keep praying that Ronnie is going to be a bust...if that'll help you to sleep well at night.

Just get over yourself already...I'm sick of the drivel you post

F150&Dolfan said:

:eek: Chambers McMike Ronnie Taylor Madison, ya they suck... They wouldnt start for NE.:rolleyes:

Awsi Dooger said:
McGahee was clearly the superior player before the knee injury vs. Ohio State. I don't think it's debatable. McGahee will never regain his form prior to that screen pass. I also don't think it's fair to label a running back overrated after a severe knee injury. If you're comparing him to his former self, he's forever overrated by definition.

That's not an accurate statement. He was highly regarded and a probable top 10 pick before the injury, but he wouldn't have graded out better than Ronnie Brown. I would have rated him above Benson, but not Brown. Brown is bigger, faster and more versatile.

Back
Top Bottom