BRown Or MCgahee??? | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BRown Or MCgahee???

LithoMan said:
See, this is what i am talking about. Ronnie likes to size LB's up. And you all still dont get it. Let him size up NFL LB's that arent an LSU small LB. Saban went with speed. We see how is players from LSU are doing in the nFL right now, from the LB position. All busting out. Spears is going to LB in the pros, that should tell you something, and he will be out in three.

Anyhoo, back to Ronnie. He is an inside the 20 runner. So of course he was punding it. the idiot never figured out how to run away from somebody. He always wants to size them up. that aint a barry, or Thurman Thomas style of runner. Thats a kevin mack, Icky Woods, blah blah, blah style of runner. Where they all at? Oh yeah, out of the NFL after a few seasons. Constantly banged up, on IR. He will never be a Barry or Thurman.

And, the 217lb. RB, that they never suffered injuries from, you better go check that. carnell torn up alot of ligaments, joints, and other body parts, from juke MF's out of their shoes. He wasn't stupid enough to run at a 250+ LB or S. He just burnt em.

You'll see....

Spears is 6' 4" 300 lbs....Spears is going to be a 3-4 DE for Dallas...not a LB.

ANd what do LSU LB's have to do what Ronnie does during a game. Ronnie wasn't running at LSU LB's...he was running against the opposing team. You make these bold statement's, but your supporting argument either doesn't make sense or isn't accurate. :shakeno:

FinzManiac said:
Spears is 6' 4" 300 lbs....Spears is going to be a 3-4 DE for Dallas...not a LB.

ANd what do LSU LB's have to do what Ronnie does during a game. Ronnie wasn't running at LSU LB's...he was running against the opposing team. You make these bold statement's, but your supporting argument either doesn't make sense or isn't accurate. :shakeno:

yep, dallas's other 1st round DE is moving to LB, not Spears.

D. Ware DE/LB from Troy State

drafted 11th overall

If the question is who is better at this point I would say McGahee because he is a proven player in the NFL. However if the question was who would I want to build my team around McGahee or Brown... I would choice Brown. Mainly because Willis already had major knee surgery and at the RB spot especially its hard to stay healthy and keep that knee in shape. I think both backs could do the same type of things on the field and are very dangerous however I dont think McGahhe can last in this league as long as Brown.

dominizzo said:
dude you will see in due time the phins are gonna run all over u cuz of Ronnie " What Can Brown Do For You" Brown. Willis will have his toungue out :lol:

Way to contribute your in depth analysis of the 2 RBs. Articulated very well :shakeno:

LithoMan said:
See, this is what i am talking about. Ronnie likes to size LB's up. And you all still dont get it. Let him size up NFL LB's that arent an LSU small LB. Saban went with speed. We see how is players from LSU are doing in the nFL right now, from the LB position. All busting out. Spears is going to LB in the pros, that should tell you something, and he will be out in three.

Anyhoo, back to Ronnie. He is an inside the 20 runner. So of course he was punding it. the idiot never figured out how to run away from somebody. He always wants to size them up. that aint a barry, or Thurman Thomas style of runner. Thats a kevin mack, Icky Woods, blah blah, blah style of runner. Where they all at? Oh yeah, out of the NFL after a few seasons. Constantly banged up, on IR. He will never be a Barry or Thurman.

And, the 217lb. RB, that they never suffered injuries from, you better go check that. carnell torn up alot of ligaments, joints, and other body parts, from juke MF's out of their shoes. He wasn't stupid enough to run at a 250+ LB or S. He just burnt em.

You'll see....

You still don't get what I'm talking about. I KNOW BROWN WILL NEVER BE COMPARABLE TO THURMAN OR BARRY. That's as simple as I can put it. All I was talking about was the backup thing. That's all. Sorry to confuse you by mentioning these other backs at all.

All other RB's aside, becuase I don't want to make the mistake of bringing them up again, we can argue about Caddy and ronnie until we'er blue in the face and neither side is going to all of a sudden say, Oh you're right this guy is better. We will just have to wait and see.

I think the part that cracks me up the most is after the draft these message boards are filled with out of work NFL GM's who seem to think they know more about scouting then the guys who do it for a living. Whether Ronnie, Caddy or Bensen turn out to be the best of the three none of us knew it. Nobody here is kidding anybody. It's all hindsight right now. Those 3 backs are so close they would have all gone in 3 consecutive picks regardless of who took them. None of the 3 teams made a bad chose in my eyes. However it's possible, I'm not as good a talent scout as some of you guys because unfortunately for me I'm not an out of work NFL GM who broweses fan message forums looking for work :rolleyes:.

See, none of you are willing to admit it. Hey, I will say i wa wrong IF Ronnie beats Carnell, no excuses, such as weak OL, or whatever lame-o excuse there is. But, I aint even worried about it. By your posturing, I can tell you are already setting up the plausable deniability. Thats all good. I know 90% of the fans are hindsighters. I never said Ronnie isn't good, but Carnell is better. And we let him slip right on by. I said ronnie will be a good 1000 yard back. Carnell, will be a gamebreaker and prescence on the field to be dealt with. you'll see....

Carnell, Benson then Brown.... What can Brown do for me, he can take his a$$ over to Tampa, and send carnell over.

Has some people forgotten how good Mcgahee is? Rememer his Miami U. days? He has come back strong from his injury and posted some strong numbers last season. There is no reason to expect anything different this season. That said, Brown was strong in college but still has to prove his value in the Pros. I personally believe that he will excell at it. But that doesn't mean that he will be better than Willis.

phinsforever said:
Way too early to tell. Willis did impress me a lot last year, but that O-line in Buffalo is going South.

Our O line may not be that good, but it is a lot better than yours.

I think this is a tough one, Brown has not done anything, and Willis tore up his knee. McGahee reminded me of Ricky Williams in New Orleans, he was not as fast, but a very powerful runner and already has one of the best stiff arms in the league. If McGahee can get back the speed he had in college I think he'll be a better pro than Ronnie. Both are gonna have to carry there respective offenses though with neither team having a proven QB, although I think Losman will be a very good player. If I had to pick one of them I would take Brown, just because of the knee injury Willis had. If his knee stays healthy than I think Willis is going to become one of the top 5 Rb's in the NFL, but that's still a big if. Buffalo just signed Rashard Lee and with T-Hank wanting out I really think they need a better backup RB.

djfresh47 said:
I think this is a tough one, Brown has not done anything, and Willis tore up his knee. McGahee reminded me of Ricky Williams in New Orleans, he was not as fast, but a very powerful runner and already has one of the best stiff arms in the league. If McGahee can get back the speed he had in college I think he'll be a better pro than Ronnie. Both are gonna have to carry there respective offenses though with neither team having a proven QB, although I think Losman will be a very good player. If I had to pick one of them I would take Brown, just because of the knee injury Willis had. If his knee stays healthy than I think Willis is going to become one of the top 5 Rb's in the NFL, but that's still a big if. Buffalo just signed Rashard Lee and with T-Hank wanting out I really think they need a better backup RB.

Actually I think Willis is faster than he looks. He looks like he's gliding past people if you ask me. Very deceiving. I was very impressed with McGahee last season. Especially on the last drive in the first game against us. Willis really put the game away.Not like that was anything too special seeing as we sucked vs the run anyway.

dominizzo said:
who will be the better rb in the long run Willis ''Overrated" McGahee or Ronnie "What Can Brown Do For You Today"

My pick Ronnie Brownhes just a do it all player, whereas Willis is just a slash runner and thas it

Brown .

Back
Top Bottom