BRown Or MCgahee??? | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BRown Or MCgahee???

SQuinn17 said:
id pick willis over ronnie anyday. i hate the bills but i think willis mac would blow ronnie away
yeah, mcgahee may be the best back in the nfl, he is disgusting. i hope brown is good, but we really don't know yet. we can't just say he's gonna be the best rb in the league just b/c we are dolfans.

LithoMan said:
Your kidding right? Carnell is the next Barry. Ronnie keeps sizing up LB's in the NFL, like he did in college, he will be the next bust.
i see caddy as the next barry or walter payton type back.

PhinsTD said:
To be honest with you, i think both players are extremely close to one another.

Both had limited time in college as the guy. Both played FB in college due to talent at that position moving them to the side. Both are good size RB's who have speed and good hands, while also being blockers.

In the end, if you where to evaluate them at the same time you'd have t go with Brown due to the fact he is faster, bigger, has better hands and is a better blocker.

Willis was a better inside runner, had better vision, and sems to hit the hole a bit faster at this point.

What I'm saying is: They're basically the same player.

You hit the nail on the head with that comparison, although I'd like to see McGhee's 40 time before his knee injury because he always seemed to pull away from everybody on the field. Even if he didn't have a sub 4.3 or 4.4, he had that football speed that some guys lose once the pads go on. Also, for some reason, Ronnie Brown doesn't look that muscular for a big back, ala Ricky Williams, Greg Jones, Eddie George, and Jamal Lewis. In fact, I saw a picture of McGhee and he looks a lot more muscular and compact then Ronnie Brown does.

I was going to mention how neither one was the main guy until an injury gave them an opportunity. The only difference is Ronnie went back to Auburn and went back to second fiddle to Carnell Williams whereas McGhee went Pro even though he blew out his knee.

McGhee is the real deal and will only get better when he finally gets back to 100%. Buffalo would be wise to get their O-line up to par. Ronnie Brown should be a very good back but I'd like to see him "do" something before I declare him the greatest thing since sliced bread, canned beer, and night baseball.

With that being said, as a Phin fan, I truly hope Ronnie Brown can improve his vision and use his speed to be the "Ricky Williams" that weed/insanity kept Ricky from becoming. If Ronnie can deliver then the sky is the limit with his physical attributes. Hopefully, he's not another multi-talented college back who turns into an NFL "jack of all trades, master of none" back.

How can this even be debated with Willis coming off the kind of year he did? All we know about Ronnie Brown is that he was successful on the college level. What does that translate to in the Nfl? Nothing. Can't argue proven ability versus "what if" scenarios. You can't bet against Willis at this point.

Wagon Circler said:
How can this even be debated with Willis coming off the kind of year he did? All we know about Ronnie Brown is that he was successful on the college level. What does that translate to in the Nfl? Nothing. Can't argue proven ability versus "what if" scenarios. You can't bet against Willis at this point.

dude nothing is guaranteed in life cept the fact that Ronnie will be a better back than Willis

kizzaboo said:
:eek: Chambers McMike Ronnie Taylor Madison, ya they suck... They wouldnt start for NE.:rolleyes:

Chambers No!!! Bellichick likes consistant players who don't let one hit by Kennoy Kennedy scare them from going over the middle. David Givens had more cathces than Chambers last season and he's not even the Patriots best receiver.

McMichael No!!! Granham and Fauria are great blockers Randy is not. Not to mention his catch some drop some hands.

Ronnie Why????? Dillon had 1500 or 1600 yards last season why switch, you'd have to be an idiot to replace him with a rookie????? Oh wait a minute you think they should. HHHMMMMM.

Taylor maybe, but he doesn't fit the Bellichick mold for a defensive ends. Billy likes them a little heavier. However Taylor probably would start for NE so there's one.

Madison, please. Why would the Pats want to pay big money for a corner when they can hold Peyton Manning to 3 points (which we could never do with madison and Surtain) with no names in the secondary.

Not saying our guys stink but this is for arguments sake. Remember the Pats put football smarts and versatility before talent.

LithoMan said:
Your kidding right? Carnell is the next Barry. Ronnie keeps sizing up LB's in the NFL, like he did in college, he will be the next bust.

Did my post just go over your head or do you actually think I belive that Ronnie Brown will be the next Barry Sanders. Apparently I need to break this down BARNEY STYLE for you.

Barry Backed up Thurman is college.
Ronnie backed up Caddy in college.
Barry was better than Thurman (although Thurman was great himself) in the pros.
Maybe Ronnie will be better than Caddy in the pros.
I love you, you love me.....OH forget it.

I was by no means saying that Ronnie Brown was the next Barry Sanders as they are totally different backs. Ronnie Brown is much more comparable to a Edge or Corey Dillon with speed.

One more thing, Saban said he drafted Ronnie becuase after LSU played Auburn he had more defensive players in for treatment the following day than at any other time. Do you think it was from tackling of 217 Lb Caddillac Williams??????????????? No!!! It was from stopping consistant doses of the big fellow Ronnie Brown.

F150&Dolfan said:
Did my post just go over your head or do you actually think I belive that Ronnie Brown will be the next Barry Sanders. Apparently I need to break this down BARNEY STYLE for you.

I was by no means saying that Ronnie Brown was the next Barry Sanders as they are totally different backs. Ronnie Brown is much more comparable to a Edge or Corey Dillon with speed.

:yeahthat:

This discussion is almost impossible to come up w/a clear answer. After a partial year we all know what McGahee is capable of and hopefully (as a Bills fan) will continue to have success.

As for Ronnie, he definitely has the college credentials and all signs indicate he will have success in the NFL but until he gets on the field nobody will know for sure.

Losman7 said:
He dosen't have to be better.

But he can't be much worse.

You probably didn't catch as many Bills games as we did, but he was horrible week in and week out.

Bottom Line:

If Losman makes a rookie mistake we can let it slide, hes essentially a rookie.

When Bledsoe consistantly made rookie mistakes as a 12 year vet its embarassing.

And if you take bledsoes statue like pocket presense, and swith it with Losmans 4.6 speed, you can't help but expect improvment.

Patience young blood. Let's see how they defend themselves if dude goes off for over 4,000 total yards and 30 TD's. This guys a QB and I'm jealous he ain't slingin' for my guys. Good luck and enjoy the fireworks they'll put up this season. I'm neither a Bills or Dolphins fans, but the Bills make me happy I didn't acheive that childhood dream of gettin' to the NFL. I don't wanna' line up against that group on Sunday. Lee Evans, Eric Mould, McGahee and now Losman-someone would embarrass me.

How many of you were tempted to take the easy cheap shot because I included the "umbarrass me" text?

P.S. DB32 isn't Denver Broncos either-that's my position and number on my semi-pro team. So guess again.

jlfin said:
That's not an accurate statement. He was highly regarded and a probable top 10 pick before the injury, but he wouldn't have graded out better than Ronnie Brown. I would have rated him above Benson, but not Brown. Brown is bigger, faster and more versatile.

Well, if you graded him, then what did he do at Auburn primarily? My firend, who will know more about football now, then we ever will in both our lifetimes, pointed out what was obvious to him, not to me, but to him about Brown. Yes, he did coach, so dont give me your drivel about that BS.

If you actually graded ronnie, then what did he do at Auburn, what was his task, that he did? Who did the actually running on the field at Aubrun? if you know that, then you come tell me who was the better back at Auburn. there was a reason Ronnie didnt get on the field as much.

Phinfanatic84 said:
You hit the nail on the head with that comparison, although I'd like to see McGhee's 40 time before his knee injury because he always seemed to pull away from everybody on the field. Even if he didn't have a sub 4.3 or 4.4, he had that football speed that some guys lose once the pads go on. Also, for some reason, Ronnie Brown doesn't look that muscular for a big back, ala Ricky Williams, Greg Jones, Eddie George, and Jamal Lewis. In fact, I saw a picture of McGhee and he looks a lot more muscular and compact then Ronnie Brown does.

I was going to mention how neither one was the main guy until an injury gave them an opportunity. The only difference is Ronnie went back to Auburn and went back to second fiddle to Carnell Williams whereas McGhee went Pro even though he blew out his knee.

McGhee is the real deal and will only get better when he finally gets back to 100%. Buffalo would be wise to get their O-line up to par. Ronnie Brown should be a very good back but I'd like to see him "do" something before I declare him the greatest thing since sliced bread, canned beer, and night baseball.

With that being said, as a Phin fan, I truly hope Ronnie Brown can improve his vision and use his speed to be the "Ricky Williams" that weed/insanity kept Ricky from becoming. If Ronnie can deliver then the sky is the limit with his physical attributes. Hopefully, he's not another multi-talented college back who turns into an NFL "jack of all trades, master of none" back.

Well put! i think Ronnie is a good back. He's not great, just because he is a fan favorite. I like that people are giving him a chance. He will be a good 1000 yard back. We do need that, but he will not be a McGahee or Carnell. we have a good back, I know that, he just aint gonna be a GREAT back. That is my problem, we had our shot at a GREAT back. I dont by the hype. many mags kept telling you that Carnell was better, but yet, they kept having us take Ronnie. I always thought that was funny that no one every asked that question, "If Carnell is better, then why do they have us taking Ronnie". I never figured it out. some stupid comment I heard was, Ronnie fits our O better. WTF is that? I want the best RB available.

F150&Dolfan said:

One more thing, Saban said he drafted Ronnie becuase after LSU played Auburn he had more defensive players in for treatment the following day than at any other time. Do you think it was from tackling of 217 Lb Caddillac Williams??????????????? No!!! It was from stopping consistant doses of the big fellow Ronnie Brown.

See, this is what i am talking about. Ronnie likes to size LB's up. And you all still dont get it. Let him size up NFL LB's that arent an LSU small LB. Saban went with speed. We see how is players from LSU are doing in the nFL right now, from the LB position. All busting out. Spears is going to LB in the pros, that should tell you something, and he will be out in three.

Anyhoo, back to Ronnie. He is an inside the 20 runner. So of course he was punding it. the idiot never figured out how to run away from somebody. He always wants to size them up. that aint a barry, or Thurman Thomas style of runner. Thats a kevin mack, Icky Woods, blah blah, blah style of runner. Where they all at? Oh yeah, out of the NFL after a few seasons. Constantly banged up, on IR. He will never be a Barry or Thurman.

And, the 217lb. RB, that they never suffered injuries from, you better go check that. carnell torn up alot of ligaments, joints, and other body parts, from juke MF's out of their shoes. He wasn't stupid enough to run at a 250+ LB or S. He just burnt em.

You'll see....

Back
Top Bottom