BRown Or MCgahee??? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BRown Or MCgahee???

FinfanInBuffalo said:
More like, the Bills wouldn't have had the Dolphin killer - Thurman Thomas and wouldn't have made it to any SBs.

Thurman is who made that offense go, not Kelly, not Reed. He provided the versatility that made the no huddle possible. He was the matchup problem for defenses, especially the bone headed Tom Olivadotti.....

Thurman was a huge part, but everyone on that O was above average.

I was just joking BTW.

And whats with dominizzo, does he ever make any sense?:lol:

Losman7 said:
Thurman was a huge part, but everyone on that O was above average.

I was just joking BTW.

And whats with dominizzo, does he ever make any sense?:lol:

dude whos is a better franchise Maimi or Buffalo please dude we have more wins than u and more bowls get a grip

i like roasting buffalo as much as the next guy, but he didnt start this to become a smack topic guys, dunno why some of you are treating it that way. especially the fins fans....

Losman7 said:
Thats a good point.

We essentially traded Peerless Price (and his outrageous contract demands) for McGahee. Steal of the century. (Except when we traded a first for deadsloe)

Peerless Price. :roflmao:

Best move you Bills ever made. Definately a HUGE steal!

dominizzo said:
Peerless is dying in Atlanta and thas starnge cuz the guy is pretty good he should go back to da billys

he was good cause of
Moulds drawing Double Coverage, and he has speed. He can't hack it as "the man"

Losman7 said:
he was good cause of
Moulds drawing Double Coverage, and he has speed. He can't hack it as "the man"

agreed. a great #2, but not a very good #1.

but i would argue.... M. Vick is not the best passer in the game. he can hit the TE easier than the WR. :couch:

Losman7 said:
He twinged his knee once, but it wasn't contact, it was a twist.

But also, look at Edge James after knee surgery. His first year back was rough, and he was a top rusher last year, in a passing O.

James was a top runner for the colts becuase the oposing secondary is always so deep. If they did not play so deep they would give up even more to the colts making James's job quite a bit eaiser. His knee injury was serious but not nearly as bad as Willis's. I'm a cane fan I follow both players and watched both injurys happen live and the doctors for both gave there opinions and Willis's was far more extensive.

ch19079 said:
agreed. a great #2, but not a very good #1.

but i would argue.... M. Vick is not the best passer in the game. he can hit the TE easier than the WR. :couch:

Thats funny I don't remember reading too many bad posts from the Jill fans about PP when he was still a jill, now we learn he can't hack it in any other system but the jill's?? More Bias, don't you think the fact that M.Vick couldn't throw a football accurately is his life depended on it, has something to do with PP production??

feelthepain said:
Thats funny I don't remember reading too many bad posts from the Jill fans about PP when he was still a jill, now we learn he can't hack it in any other system but the jill's?? More Bias, don't you think the fact that M.Vick couldn't throw a football accurately is his life depended on it, has something to do with PP production??

I never said anything bad about price when he was with the Bills because he produced. I did, however, say that if he went somewhere else to be a #1 reciever he would struggle because Moulds is constantly double covered.

It wouldn't matter who the QB is, Price can't beat the double.

ch19079 said:
in general you would be corrrect, but that does not apply to this situation.

befor his knee injury people were talking like he would be the #1 overall pick, or atleast a definate top 5 if not top 3 pick.

after his injury, people wondered if he would even play again. and he would have to sit out a year. that droped his stock drasticaly.

Brown is a very good RB, but there was still a question whether he was even the best RB in the draft. and his #2 overall selection is based on the team needs of the top teams, as well as tallent of the other top players.

but say willis did not blow out his knee, and came out of college this year, with brown, benson, and williams.

i would bet money willis would be taken before any of the others. im not saying they suck, im just saying willis was better in college.

Losman7 said:
You can't really compare them. I think McGahee would have been the first player taken overall in this draft if he had been healthy.

He was a projected top 3 pick the year he came out and I'm pretty sure, after Carson Palmer, he would have went #2.

Just because this draft was deeper at RB overall dosen't mean it had a higher ceiling.

That being said, Ronnie Brown reminds me of Thurman Thomas. He has the ability to split out, run, catch the screen.

Ronnie is bigger and a little less alusive, but that kind of versitility is what made Thomas and the Bills so dangerous in the 90's.

See with Brown and McMichael you don't need to change personel to go from a single back to a 4 wide causeing mismatches downfield. Ronnie going from RB to slot WR is scary.

I respect both of your opinions on this as you adressed your reasoning throughly and have good points.

Its always hard so say that one is better than the other in college because they have different teams to play, different schemes to run against, different supporting casts.

Especially in this case because Brown was not the feature RB as he was more of a team guy who did a little bit of everything, and his stats show that as they were not remarkable. Willis was the feature back and his statistics reflected on that.

Pros Brown

Versitile

Bigger, but still has the speed

Can run through you or around you with finesse, speed, and power

Great Blocker

Great Catcher

Team Player

Healthy

Willis McGahee Pros-

Speedy

Quick

Shifty

Great Vision

Follows the hole/blockers well

Proven the capability to carry the load

Brown Cons

Questionable if he can carry the load throughout the season and be the feature back.

McGahee Cons

Injuries. Very unstable knee, that was one nasty twist.

With that being said Brown would probably be a better power runner, blocker and reciever. McGahee would be the better shifty more elusive back. That leaves Brown with the better blocking and recieving skills without health issues, so I'd pick Brown (and no not because he is a Fin:) ).

Also before my head is bitten off I do think that Brown can carry the load with less miles on him and the ability to stay healthy and with him being used as a blocker sometimes he still knows how to take hits. Also who knows, Ricky might be able to help him with some ball carries:eek: .

Also I am not saying that McGahee isnt a team player when I said Brown was, its just that he was in a unique situation with Cadiliac in college.

feelthepain said:

ive known what price is since he was with buffalo. he hasnt changed. a great #2, but an average/below average #1. (when we traded him i said he would not make a good #1 guy).

and in my post i said M. Vick sint a good passing QB like most NFL QBs. and stated that might be another reason price's numbers are so low. (so are you agreeing with me, or not??)

Back
Top Bottom