Brown vs Bush | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brown vs Bush

Ronnie Brown will be a very good RB - you watch.

Reggie Bush talented no doubt -- but part of my prediction is coming true...I said it here last year:

Laurence Maroney, DeAngelo Williams, and or Maurice Jones Drew will have more yards and be more productive than Reggie Bush.

One thing that I don't like about Bush is he's TOOO shifty.

Time will tell --- but I still LIKE Brown.

one question i have is the decision to pick Ronnie over Cadillac... i thought it was the pounding and durability... yet Ronnie has missed several games this year (and wasn't he out some of last year too?)

anyway Cadillac hasn't missed time until now... i think this weekend will be his first missed game. and he's had more carries behind an (arguably) worse o-line.

Ronnie is a good RB... but no way is he #2 material, nor worth #2 money..... sammy morris proved that any middle-of-the-road RB could do what Ronnie does behind our o-line.

Ronnie hasn't (IMO) shown real flash.... he had the one good run vs. KC, but i was actually let down by that play as he couldn't outrun the secondary after he went past them. You watch LT, Larry Johnson, Willie Parker, any of the other top runners (heck even Steven Jackson, who is a bruiser), and these guys can burn the secondary when they break through...

Ronnie is the first "premier" RB i've seen that could get caught. Even Ricky, a bigger bruiser, can outrun the secondary. Ronnie got caught (and caught bad) by two guys from KC and had to go out of bounds. That should have been a TD run.

one question i have is the decision to pick Ronnie over Cadillac... i thought it was the pounding and durability... yet Ronnie has missed several games this year (and wasn't he out some of last year too?)

anyway Cadillac hasn't missed time until now... i think this weekend will be his first missed game. and he's had more carries behind an (arguably) worse o-line.

Ronnie is a good RB... but no way is he #2 material, nor worth #2 money..... sammy morris proved that any middle-of-the-road RB could do what Ronnie does behind our o-line.

Ronnie hasn't (IMO) shown real flash.... he had the one good run vs. KC, but i was actually let down by that play as he couldn't outrun the secondary after he went past them. You watch LT, Larry Johnson, Willie Parker, any of the other top runners (heck even Steven Jackson, who is a bruiser), and these guys can burn the secondary when they break through...

Ronnie is the first "premier" RB i've seen that could get caught. Even Ricky, a bigger bruiser, can outrun the secondary. Ronnie got caught (and caught bad) by two guys from KC and had to go out of bounds. That should have been a TD run.

Ronnie was worked on for a groin pull for ten minutes right after his first play... tough to outrun 180 lb db's when you are hurting.

Sad to say, but Ronnie Brown has shown no flash what so ever in two seasons...

No plays that make you stand up and say, "WOW!! How the hell did he do that!!!", "What a play!!!", "This kid is going to something special". I'm not sure about anyone else here, but watching Ronnie play football, is like watching paint dry in my opinion. BORING!!!!!.....

Sorry, but it's true....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Blitz u do sometimes come out with comments i agree with but what the heck are you talking about???? :confused: I wont go into detail because seriously that comment doesnt deserve serious comment. :shakeno:

Sad to say, but Ronnie Brown has shown no flash what so ever in two seasons...

No plays that make you stand up and say, "WOW!! How the hell did he do that!!!", "What a play!!!", "This kid is going to something special". I'm not sure about anyone else here, but watching Ronnie play football, is like watching paint dry in my opinion. BORING!!!!!.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

What about his long TD run against the chiefs last year or the run against the Browns where he broke like eight tackles?

How about the diving one handed catch against the Broncos in last year's season opener? Now I'll go right ahead and admit that I havent seen much from him this year, but I believe a lot of that is down to play calling. To say the guy hasn't shown anything special is absurd.

Hey Matt,

What cave did you crawl out of, and what makes you any more of an expert on the Phinz current RB situation than anyone else here?? And what's with the cheap shots taken towards Lacuna Coil??...

If you don't like them fine, that's you're own personal business. However, trying to use them as an example of one's intelligence{within the realms of football}, is simply reaching....

All of your opinions are welcome here, but there's no need to get personal just because you don't agree with me. I have a voice / opinion just like anyone else, and when someone doesn't agree, that's their own personal right. I'm not here trying to prove anyone wrong in their opinions of Ronnie either. Everyone has their opinions, and many of them differ from fan to fan.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Cadillac missed two games last season because of shoulder and ankle soreness. Although he hasn't missed any games, Cadillac has missed time due to various ailments.

First off I don't consider Ronnie Brown a bust.

Brown was better last year when he split time with Ricky just like Bush is better splitting time with Duece.

The difference is Ronnie as a feature back and the #2 pick in the draft hasn't been the guy who can carry the team.

Maybe that's just the pressure of living up to the standard of being a #2 pick.

Bush in my opinion by being a threat at reciever, RB and as a returner can get you a big play or even a game winning TD is more valuable than Brown.

Bush adds another deminsion to an offense that Miami doesn't have.

I'm a Dolphin fan and I'm hoping Ronnie Brown makes me eat those words.

If Duece McCallister went down with an injury forcing Bush into a bigger backfield role I guess we could more accurately determine what a comparison between Bush vs. Brown would be like.

When Ricky got suspended Brown became "the Man" for 2006, he added weight because of the extra pounding he would be taking. Maybe a smaller Brown would make him more productive.

I also agree with the point that our O-line could improve and that will help Brown shine.

I believe we went 4-12 in the wrong year but lets just hope we never have to endure that again.

So can we call ronnie an elite rb when the guy cant even rush for a 1000yds in 2 years .. all he is doing is hurting our chances of getting someone big because of his BIG contract in which he does not deserve can we agree on that point ?

You do know that Ronnie's had a broken hand for the last 2 games don't you? ... and the offensive line hasn't been doing too well this year, especially at the beginning of the year. We've have a lot of position changes and injuries on the offensive line ... as well as the QB issues. Plus, Mularkey has only been giving Ronnie about 15 carries a game most of this year, where guys like Larry Johnson are routinely getting 25-30 carries a game. That's the biggest thing. Not enough carries.

Ronnie has 783 yards right now. He could easily have picked up the last 217 yards over FOUR games. He still might get 1,000 yards if he has a good game against the Jets and Colts. He was on track to have about 1,200 before the broken hand. What can he do about injuries? When ya gotta a broken hand ya gotta broken hand. He has a bunch of screws in his hand now. It wasn't just a sprain.

Last year he was splitting time with Ricky and he missed the last 2 games due to a knee/ankle sprain. Saban is real cautious with playing guys like Ronnie when they have injuries. Last year, we had Ricky so Saban could afford to have Ronnie miss that last game with the Colts last year even though he probably could have played. Ronnie had 917 yards last year. Again, he could easily have had about 1,100 or 1,200 if he didn't have the injuries last year ... and if he were not splitting time with Ricky.

When you draft a running back, you want a running back. Bush as of now looks like the second coming of Eric Metcalf, NOT Gale Sayers. Not necessarily a bad thing, but certainly not what you would have liked based on his college stats.
20 carries for 126 yards and a td against the Giants....Looks like a runningback to me.......

Bush hasn't lived up to the hype imo but he still looks to have alot of success in the league. And it's obvious to anyone not looking through aqua colored glasses that Brown is simply a average RB and will never be worth building an offense around. I said it before and will say it again in 2-3 years the fins #1 priority will be finding a RB. Only the fact RW is in the future and the team is so full of holes, dictate we address other needs first.

20 carries for 126 yards and a td against the Giants....Looks like a runningback to me.......

That was the first time Bush had run for 100 yards this season. Ronnie did it several time if my memory serves me right.

Oh forgive me, one play in two years!?!?! :p4e:

Thanks for proving my point. Brown has shown next to nothing when compared to Bush...

PHINZ RULE!!!!

well it would seem that way..... but when you really look at the numbers youd notice Ronnie brown was getting tackled BEHIND the line of scrimmage 1/4 plays. more than any back in the league...

now we all know ronnie at least knows how to run forward instead of backwards. the fact that he gets tackled BEHIND the line so much just proves that our O-Line is the real problem, not brown

Back
Top Bottom