Browns Beat Those Jets | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Browns Beat Those Jets

Did I really read that Hue Jackson needs to evaluate the tape before naming a starter for next week? If anyone but Mayfield starts, Hue Jackson needs to not only be fired, but run out of the NFL and all football on any level.

Hue Jackson is kind of insane, tbh.

He's been a really good offensive coordinator, but he's got some kind of God complex when he gets the keys to the car and goes batshit crazy.

Not a Tyrod Taylor fan but I don't think Taylor and Todd Haley were a good fit.

I said that before the season started!

Square peg, round hole.

Same thing going on right now in Tennessee. Marcus Mariota trying to run a spread offense that wants to squeeze the football into earholes. Recipe for disaster.

Baker was the best QB in this draft period. I wanted him over Tannehill and I love Tannehill. Baker is a special player, his command of the huddle and leadership is already off the charts

I think you're right. I didn't want Baker because of his age and Tannehill, but he looks to be special. We never had a realistic chance anyway, but people who were saying Baker is the best QB in this class and we would be lucky to have him are looking correct now imo. I wanted Rosen (lol) if we got a QB because I figured he would drop to us, but I didn't watch any of these guys in college and didn't really want any QB tbh. Last guy I really studied college tape of was Tannehill and was very impressed (no need to since then), what a coincidence I'm still a big fan haha! Darnold on the other hand, BAHAHAHAHA!

Last edited:
People going all in on Darnold after the Lions game was silly. People jumping ship on Darnold after a Thursday night game on the road are also silly.

People going all in on Darnold after the Lions game was silly. People jumping ship on Darnold after a Thursday night game on the road are also silly.
Well, the one thing I always look for is the learning curve. In game one he tried to pass across the field on his first pass and it was a pick 6. In college you can do it but not in the NFL.
Yesterday he did the same thing and was lucky that the DB was one step away otherwise it would have been another pick 6.

His two-handed pass was so Sanchez-esque.

He had a mediocre outing against Detroit, a mediocre outing against us and a bad performance yesterday. I see Sanchez written all over him.

Yep yep yep Mayfield looked exciting even made Laundry look good on a deep throw. Will be interesting to watch.

(Those two will be hooking up a lot no doubt about it.) Laundry, even with his sure hands, has to adjust a little to Mayfield's strong throws. The guy puts some serious english on the ball. One of the passes he launched carreaned off Laundry's pads - a rare drop for Jarvis. If Mayfield repeats his performance of that night throughout his career, he will develop into something, dare I say, legendary. Time shall tell.

Well, the one thing I always look for is the learning curve. In game one he tried to pass across the field on his first pass and it was a pick 6. In college you can do it but not in the NFL.
Yesterday he did the same thing and was lucky that the DB was one step away otherwise it would have been another pick 6.

He had a mediocre outing against Detroit, a mediocre outing against us and a bad performance yesterday. I see Sanchez written all over him.

I saw Sanchez written all over him the moment he was drafted. Now, he may end up pretty good, but when I think of Jets, I just think of QB's that can't put it together and progress, and I had a very easy time imagining Darnold being another one of those guys.

Landry dropped that pass because he was trying to run before he caught it, though maybe the difference in Mayfield's throw had something to do with it too.

Back
Top Bottom