Bruce and Chambers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bruce and Chambers

Where is all this Isaac Bruce talk coming from? Does somebody know something I don't?

armstrong is gonna retire. his stay with oakland was injury riddled. i don't think he finished a season while there. he was a great leader but he was an every-other-year player as far as production goes.

what i would like to see from him is to come in as an assistant D line coach. he was a coach on the field kinda player when he was with the phins. that would be interesting.

He's a free agent, already won a super bowl. Wants to play in miami and has family in fort lauderdale, probably could get him at a home town discount. It's no secret we need help at WR.

Yea, maybe Garcia, Trace, Bruce and possibly Rick Mirer could come to Miami. I like what I saw from Rick and he can provide Miami with the top notch QB we need.
:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by BuchanonForPrez
We need to bring in Isaac Bruce and possibly Trace Armstrong for more veteran leadership and to replace the players we are losing after this year. Which is already over. Bruce would provide another target for Garcia (if we bring him in) or if we just keep Fiedler and let him throw another 50000 picks. Trace would put the added pressure on top notch QB's lke Drew, Kitna, Pennington, Mirer, Brees and Ramsey. This is a must for the Miami Dolphins and our coach, Wanny.

:eat:

Love the Bruce idea hate the Garcia idea. He does not throw the deep ball well (why TO hates him) and is too small. He is flutie a few years younger.

I agree w/ dreadlockera, Garcia has no place w/ us but as I said before is that I think Brunell would work for us for 1 / 2 years while we groom a young gun.

Issac Bruce would be great but I don't see a home town discount.
As for Trace (Stretch) Armstrong he is too old and is often injured.

Yea, maybe Garcia, Trace, Bruce and possibly Rick Mirer could come to Miami. I like what I saw from Rick and he can provide Miami with the top notch QB we need.
rick mirer?? top notch qb?? in the nfl europe maybe!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
He's a free agent, already won a super bowl. Wants to play in miami and has family in fort lauderdale, probably could get him at a home town discount. It's no secret we need help at WR.

Yeah he was born and raised here. He went to school at Dillard High (For those of you who don't know, that's in Fort Lauderdale).

Yeah maybe Wanny will trade another 1st rounder for Mirer. :lol:

Trace Armstrong was one of the few free agents in that spending binge prior to the 1995 season who actually played well. He had a solid stay with the Dolphins, while just about all the other guys were gone by JJ's second year.

can you believe this guy is serious? rick mirer? trace armstrong? trace was good in his time but his time has passed. and mirer well lets leave that alone.

There is a very good possibility that we will land WR I. Bruce. Him being a local, and having family here could also be a factor in signing him as well. He'll be retiring soon, so I'm sure he'll want to play close to home in his final years.....

DE T. Armstrong was one of those players we should have never let get away to begin with. He was great in Miami. His best days are over now though, and at his age, he's not worth taking a risk on IMO.....

QB J. Garcia would be great here IMO. He's mobile, has good arm strength, and is a much more accurate passer than J. Fielder. QB J. Garcia plays like a winner, he never gives up, and I like his leadership on the field in crunch situations. I think he'd be better for us than QB's M. Brunell, K. Warner, or any other rookie QB we could draft.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

...DE T. Armstrong was one of those players we should have never let get away to begin with. He was great in Miami. His best days are over now though, and at his age, he's not worth taking a risk on IMO.....

I could be wrong, but I believe Trace had a very good contract year and got big money elsewhere. It wasn't worth the risk giving him the money he wanted at the time.

I'd love to see Bruce here though. Plus it would be pretty cool to be able to scream BRUUUUUCE at the games. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom