Bruce and Chambers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bruce and Chambers

You're right, Trace was too expensive. He got more than he was worth from Oakland....

I sure liked him though....;) He played with heart and determination.

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Garcia is no replacement for Fiedler, not even close.

What we need is a better O line, then Fiedler might play more consistent..

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
You're right, Trace was too expensive. He got more than he was worth from Oakland....

I sure liked him though....;) He played with heart and determination.

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

No doubt. Trace was a beast.

Originally posted by Wakey
Garcia is no replacement for Fiedler, not even close.

What we need is a better O line, then Fiedler might play more consistent..

You are new here........
Fiedler must go he has chewed up 4 years and accomplished nothing, I know we did not purge the coaching staff but by goodness but we need to address the qb position by upgrading this position now!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by BuchanonForPrez
We need to bring in Isaac Bruce and possibly Trace Armstrong for more veteran leadership and to replace the players we are losing after this year. Which is already over. Bruce would provide another target for Garcia (if we bring him in) or if we just keep Fiedler and let him throw another 50000 picks. Trace would put the added pressure on top notch QB's lke Drew, Kitna, Pennington, Mirer, Brees and Ramsey. This is a must for the Miami Dolphins and our coach, Wanny.

:eat:

I'm sorry. Did you say Drew Brees is a top notch QB? or Mirer, or Ramsey?

Re: Re: Bruce and Chambers

Originally posted by davster82

I'm sorry. Did you say Drew Brees is a top notch QB? or Mirer, or Ramsey?

The thread starter has to be kidding about that. If not, his head needs to be examined. :lol:

Originally posted by T-Bone

You are new here........
Fiedler must go he has chewed up 4 years and accomplished nothing, I know we did not purge the coaching staff but by goodness but we need to address the qb position by upgrading this position now!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I'm new but the Dolphins aren't new to me. :D I know many of you want to burn Fiedler at the stake. As a Saints fan I see the same crap in regard to Aaron Brooks. Look at Brooks numbers & tell me he is the reason the Saints are home watching the playoffs like the Dolphins?

Dan Marino was good enough to win games despite x & where did the Dolphins go? Not the Superbowl except once. Jay is good enough if some other parts of the team are changed. I'm not against an upgrade but our problems are much worse than the QB position, unless you are talking about the need for a backup!

Brooks put up 24/9 TD:INT ratio. He is very talented and still just turning 28 I think.

Some people may be calling for his head, but that's ridiculous considering that he has not D whatsoever to rely on.

The QB gets blamed for the good & the bad even though it might not be his fault for either.

Joe Namath is in the Hall Of Fame for a bold prediction & an awesome Superbowl.

The QB gets blamed for the good & the bad even though it might not be his fault for either.

Joe Namath is in the Hall Of Fame for a bold prediction & an awesome Superbowl.

I agree w/ what you are saying, the o-line , wr positions also need to be addressed but Fielder has had more than enough chances to prove himself and if Wanny has learned anything after this years close shave (being fired) is that his alliegance to Fiedler has to stop, it is time to move in another direction as far as qb's.

Before Ricky runs himself into a premature retirement lets get a qb in here that is somewhat consistent, has a good arm & can move around the pocket.

We are not rebuilding this year so lets upgrade and the three areas in need are qb, o-line & wr.

Originally posted by Jaj
Brooks put up 24/9 TD:INT ratio. He is very talented and still just turning 28 I think.

Some people may be calling for his head, but that's ridiculous considering that he has not D whatsoever to rely on.
Ditto. Give me Aaron Brooks anyday over Fiedler. No offense, but it's easy for an out of towner (assuming you don't watch every play of every Fins game like I and the rest of the homers do) to say Jay will be better if.... or look at the winning %....... etc...

The bottom line is. Jay Fiedler is very inconsistent, and he has regressed badly this year. He constantly overthrew and underthrew receivers all year.

I have watched nearly all the Dolphins games since 97 when I got DirecTV & all of them for the last 2.5 years since I got my TiVo.

I think that we just have a difference of opinion. Like I said if we can get an upgrade I wouldn't be against it but who are we talking about here?

If the line isn't improved who could actually do better? I compare Fiedler to a guy like Tom Brady. (although not quite as good) A guy that doesn't exactly have the best arm but is gritty & overachieves. Give this guy some time & some more weapons to throw to & I think that it could be different.

And what's up with the defense?? Hot & cold is a good description..

Enough time has been spent with the Fiedler project. He does not have the talent that Brady has, Yes he does have the determination, heart & competitiveness, but the lack of talent and the inconsist play has to be the mitigating factor that changes must be made.

Do I feel that he is the only reason that Miami did not make the playoffs this year, of course not. The o-line, wr's & the defense did not do what they should have either. But I feel that Ricky will be gone prematurly if they run him into the ground like they have this year. We need a qb who could pose a passing threat to thwart off the 8 in a box routine that has Ricky battered every game.

i know i know i must be crazy but just imagine :

qb- manning (payton) not eli
rb- williams
fb- konrad
wr-chambers
wr- bruce
te-mcmichael

ol- what ever we can get , can't be worst than we had this year .:drinker: :friday: :tongueout

I have watched nearly all the Dolphins games since 97 when I got DirecTV & all of them for the last 2.5 years since I got my TiVo.

I think that we just have a difference of opinion. Like I said if we can get an upgrade I wouldn't be against it but who are we talking about here?

If the line isn't improved who could actually do better? I compare Fiedler to a guy like Tom Brady. (although not quite as good) A guy that doesn't exactly have the best arm but is gritty & overachieves. Give this guy some time & some more weapons to throw to & I think that it could be different.

And what's up with the defense?? Hot & cold is a good description..

Bad assumption on my part then. You know what happens when you assume. :lol: Yeah, we just have a difference of opinion.

I agree with you on the line. That needs to be addressed first and foremost. Fiedler had a hell of a weapon in Chambers, and he missed him so many times this year I can't even remember.

And the defense? They're not as good as everyone thinks they are because they're inconsistent.

Back
Top Bottom