Brunell to be Miami's starter next year?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brunell to be Miami's starter next year??

how many years was griese's contract? Can't keep both of them, and I would say Fiedler is a worthy backup, if he's willing to play behind Brunell again. Its all hearsay till the off season, but I personally wouldnt mind, I like Brunell

Griese's contract is for 2 years.. Brunell wants to be a Dolphin.. So he might take a pay cut just like Zgonina, Buckley, and Knight did..

I dunno if we can afford Brunnell....he is making good $$ at Jax.

I think we go younger at QB next year. I wouldn't mind seeing what Sage can do if given a chance.

Too bad we can't make a mid-season trade as in Baseball. The cap rules make it prohibitive - plus the timing factors with the offense.

I'd take Brunell this year.

I don't know. Jay is certainly gone after this season, since the front office isn't as gullible as some people here. But Brunnell is pretty far along in years and I don't know how much he has left in the tank. I would rather get someone with more upside.

I'd guess if Fiedler is dropped it would be Griese. Brunell is just a bit old and injury prone at this point. The Jags passing game was near the bottom with him starting, we already have that.

Brunell might be wearing a Dolphins jersey next year. Consider that the only knocks on Brunell right now are:

He is 30+ years old.
He's been beat up the past few years.

Fiedler is also 30+ years old and oft-injured. Brunell is a much better player. If Brunell wants to play ball, I predict Jay's going to be coaching at Dartmouth next fall.

Originally posted by AirVick
Brunell might be wearing a Dolphins jersey next year. Consider that the only knocks on Brunell right now are:

He is 30+ years old.
He's been beat up the past few years.

Fiedler is also 30+ years old and oft-injured. Brunell is a much better player. If Brunell wants to play ball, I predict Jay's going to be coaching at Dartmouth next fall.

Brunnell and Fiedler aren't the only two options, thankfully.

Originally posted by RikWriter
I don't know. Jay is certainly gone after this season, since the front office isn't as gullible as some people here. But Brunnell is pretty far along in years and I don't know how much he has left in the tank. I would rather get someone with more upside.

:rolleyes2

Griese is a goner after this year. Jay will restructure and stay.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

:rolleyes2

Griese is a goner after this year. Jay will restructure and stay.

The only thing more pitiful than the fact that you believe that statement is the idea that you might think it's a good thing.

The only thing more pitiful than the fact that you believe that statement is the idea that you might think it's a good thing.

Nice attack Rik.

Why isn't he entitled to his opinion?

Why is he pathetic?

Originally posted by zachseau13

Nice attack Rik.

Why isn't he entitled to his opinion?

Why is he pathetic?

Not as nice as your attacks on me, followed by your denial of your own words.
But of course it was his OPINION that I attacked, not him. Perhaps THAT'S your problem: you can't separate your opinion from your self-worth. Maybe that's why you're so eager to take offense on others' behalf.
And he is certainly entitled to his opinion...just as *I* am entitled to my opinion ABOUT his opinion.

But of course it was his OPINION that I attacked, not him. .

Wrong.

You said this:

"The only thing more pitiful than the fact that you believe that statement is the idea that you might think it's a good thing."

You did not attack the statement. You attacked his belief in the statement by labeling it pathetic. That is a direct attack on him.

Back
Top Bottom