Brunell to be Miami's starter next year?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brunell to be Miami's starter next year??

Originally posted by zachseau13

Wrong.

You said this:

"The only thing more pitiful than the fact that you believe that statement is the idea that you might think it's a good thing."

You did not attack the statement. You attacked his belief in the statement by labeling it pathetic. That is a direct attack on him.

No, it is not, and as usual you are the one so quick to take offense for others because you wish to deny your own hypocritical insults and assertions.

Brunell is an accurate QB and makes good decisions.. Thats what this offense needs.. But there's no guarantee that Norv Turner willl be here next year anyway

This is defentively interesting however, i feel Brunell is at the end ,if not close, to the end of his career....im not sure if id want to invest alot of money on damged goods.

Originally posted by Predaphin34
This is defentively interesting however, i feel Brunell is at the end ,if not close, to the end of his career....im not sure if id want to invest alot of money on damged goods.

It all depends if he wants to take a lower figure much like Knight, Buckley and Zgonina did to join Miami for this season..

I agree, Brunell is oft-injured and getting long in the tooth. If we are going to switch quarterbacks next season, I imagine it will be in house (Sage or Griese) and drafting one for the future. Personally, I do not see the benefits of bringing Brunell in other than as a backup to a young qb like Sage. Since Mark wants to start (and probably could for a number of bad teams) I don't see him coming here for less money and the bench.

Brunell's stats were down because he didn't have Jimmy Smith and he had like no decent targets.

After seeing this I am getting excited by the prospect.
Now I am a bit biased in this assesment considering that Brunell is from my town, I am somewhat friendly with his father, and have played in golf tournaments with his brother. However flat out I DO WANT Brunell to be the Dolphins starting quarterback next year!
I would drop both Greise and Fiedler to save the cap room that would be needed to get Brunell aboard.
Brunell is a tough player, and he throws the ball a lot better than both Fiedler and Greise do.

Sage is the way to go. Don't forget that we do not have a ton of money with our salary cap. We are technically over next year right now. I say give Sage a shot. He has had two years in this offense by then. Let's see what he can do. I would take him over Brunell. Way cheaper. I would rather keep Ricky and Chambers and go with Sage than lose somebody.

Right now Sage is like, way down here, and the others are way up here. Sage has to prove a lot in real action before he can even be considered.

I just do not see Mark Brunell getting a whole lot of play from the market next offseason anymore than say a Steve Beurlein or Jeff Blake did. An investment in Brunell would likely be a 1 or 2 year affair, and at the same time we'd likely attempt to get the QB of the future type prospect, through the draft or whatever (trading with the Texans for the rights to Drew Henson perhaps?)

Right now I'd be completely fine with cutting both Fiedler and Griese after the season is over. But then again, if Fiedler is willing to restructure and open up the job for competition with someone like Brunell then I suppose he could stay. I don't think his rapport with the players is such that they are going to divide into Fiedler and X camps. If Fiedler is the backup, they still believe in the starter and they'd talk nicely about how good their "1-2 punch" is at QB. And if the starter went down, they'd talk about how they've won with Fiedler before and know they can do it again.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Right now Sage is like, way down here, and the others are way up here. Sage has to prove a lot in real action before he can even be considered.

I just do not see Mark Brunell getting a whole lot of play from the market next offseason anymore than say a Steve Beurlein or Jeff Blake did. An investment in Brunell would likely be a 1 or 2 year affair, and at the same time we'd likely attempt to get the QB of the future type prospect, through the draft or whatever (trading with the Texans for the rights to Drew Henson perhaps?)

Right now I'd be completely fine with cutting both Fiedler and Griese after the season is over. But then again, if Fiedler is willing to restructure and open up the job for competition with someone like Brunell then I suppose he could stay. I don't think his rapport with the players is such that they are going to divide into Fiedler and X camps. If Fiedler is the backup, they still believe in the starter and they'd talk nicely about how good their "1-2 punch" is at QB. And if the starter went down, they'd talk about how they've won with Fiedler before and know they can do it again.

I can live with that. I think the bigger problem is going to be getting someone good enough yet willing to take a paycut to play in Miami. Of course, I thought that last year, and we found plenty of takers. We will just have to see.

The bottom line is that I hope they will consider at least guys like Brunell or Couch if they become available.

And if we have to cut someone to get a new QB that would make us a better team I say make it.

It's a little early to talk about next year but if we again don't make it this year or get beat in the playoffs we will have to change things. And that means changing some big name because it isn't working.

Anyway we're still 4-1 and at the top of the AFC east so let's celebrate right now and talk about next year later.
:drinker:

Brunell will be cut, so will Griese and/OR Jay. Luckily, Brunell probably won't see much action this year, and he was born in '70, so I don't see why he'd be so expensive. I'd love to cut Jay & Griese and sign Brunell and a young QB(like McMahon or re-sign Sage).

Drew Rosenhouse is an IDIOT, but take this how you want.. He said last night that Miami will have ALOT of interest in Brunell WHEN he's cut next year. & Brunell would LOVE to join the Fishies.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
The bottom line is that I hope they will consider at least guys like Brunell or Couch if they become available.

Couch? I would LOVE to get Couch!

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Couch? I would LOVE to get Couch!

I would too.

But unfortunately things have changed the last two weeks in Cleveland with the injury to Holcomb. They have rediscover this guy.

Does somebody knows if he's a free agent next year ?

Back
Top Bottom