Buffalo Radio ranks the AFC East LB's | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buffalo Radio ranks the AFC East LB's

Ty Law and Otis Smith against Pat Surtain and Sam Madison? No contest. Jamar Fletcher vs Eugene Wilson - no contest. Terrell Buckley vs Tyrone Poole - even.

Brock Marion and Arturo against Milloy and Harrison - Pats win. Shawn Wooden vs Je'rod Cherry? Wooden. As far as I can see, we have the better secondary.

Otis Smith blows...

Harrison is on his way out....

that's two pretty suspect members of a secondary...

sorry but I don't see it.

Originally posted by Boomer
Ty Law and Otis Smith against Pat Surtain and Sam Madison? No contest. Jamar Fletcher vs Eugene Wilson - no contest. Terrell Buckley vs Tyrone Poole - even.

Brock Marion and Arturo against Milloy and Harrison - Pats win. Shawn Wooden vs Je'rod Cherry? Wooden. As far as I can see, we have the better secondary.

So what happens if we replace Freeman with Knight?

Madison is grossly overrated. Your secondary is Surtain.

Hmmmmm............Bills smoked your secondary twice while the Pats secondary smoked us.

Pats as a whole are better because they are better coached on defense

I still say our 2ndry is better than NE's but yes, NE's is better coached. Bellichek sp? is easily the best coach in the division.

Ours are last? thats funny. None have a MLB as good as Zach, period, no debate, end of story. Ask any of those teams if they would trade their starting MLB straight up for Zach, bet all would do it in a heartbeat. Junior is past his prime yes but still one of teh best all around OLB in the game, uses his intelligence and experience to make up for the lost step, plus he is healthy again and training like a bear.

Oh well it is the bison radio station we are talking about.

Ok...while everyone is praising Zach and Junior, the last time I checked, that was only 2/3's of an LB corp. I'd say that given the play of the LAST third of that corp, we DO belong on the bottom of the pile. Further, barring the untested rookie we just reached for, our back-up at LB will stand at ZERO once Derrick Rogers is cut. So basically you guys are complaining that our LB corp shouldn't be ranked at the bottom of the East when it consists of two legitimate starters, one under achiever, and zero back-up if anyone goes down. Yeah, I can see the strength of that argument....:confused:

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Madison is grossly overrated. Your secondary is Surtain.

Hmmmmm............Bills smoked your secondary twice while the Pats secondary smoked us.

Pats as a whole are better because they are better coached on defense

Clump, I know you are smarter then that, I don't believe the Bills torched the Fins in the first game. I think the only big catch was Moulds one TD.

NE secondary better than ours? based you smoking our defense? you smoked our defense for 1 half of 2 games in a downright blizzard. The first game you did not do squat against our secondary, bledsoe had like 180 yards passing, one for 70 yards on a miscommunication. Don't kid yourself, you won that one because lucas gave it to you. The first half of the second game the defense stopped you quite well, it wasn't until the **** hit the proverbial fan did you do anything against this secondary.

Madison overrated? that is too funny, man i can't stop laughing. Yes he didn't have his normal year, but he even said that he was going for the interception too much and was biting on routes, the last quarter of teh season last year he played like his normal self and was once again the normal shut down corner. Otis Smith/Typoole, ty law vs Surtain and Madison - No camparison, surt and Madison hands down.

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover
NE secondary better than ours? based you smoking our defense? you smoked our defense for 1 half of 2 games in a downright blizzard. The first game you did not do squat against our secondary, bledsoe had like 180 yards passing, one for 70 yards on a miscommunication. Don't kid yourself, you won that one because lucas gave it to you. The first half of the second game the defense stopped you quite well, it wasn't until the **** hit the proverbial fan did you do anything against this secondary.

Madison overrated? that is too funny, man i can't stop laughing. Yes he didn't have his normal year, but he even said that he was going for the interception too much and was biting on routes, the last quarter of teh season last year he played like his normal self and was once again the normal shut down corner. Otis Smith/Typoole, ty law vs Surtain and Madison - No camparison, surt and Madison hands down.

The so called blizzard didn't start til' after the score was 38-21. Stop using that as an excuse. If you want to use that, then that proves your CB's aren't all that because they can't play in the cold.

Brady threw for 200 yards against the fins and that was the first time he threw for over 200 yards in four games. If other teams before the final game (against the fins) were able to stop him, how come the fins couldn't?

Against the Vikings "Randy Moss " threw a TD.

I'm not saying that Surtain an co. suck, but the last time they played they didn't play like they were the no. 1 tandem in the AFCE.

You are only as good as your last performance and your cb's didn't play that great towards the end of the season.

Given the play of the last 3rd of our LB corps? Phin Phan - you need to understand the system and read page 2 of the "I need a DCH Fix" post. That will tell you all you need to know about Morlon Greenwood.

Sorry Boomer...I scanned through the last page of the post and didn't see anything germaine to the discussion, other than the reasons behind taking Moore where we did. Either way, it comes down to this...our Linebacking corp has TWO players who are as good or better than anyone elses top two player in the AFCEast. Our third LB however is not, and as such, I see no reason why anyone would be freaking out that we were graded at the bottom of the list. Even though the 3rd LB only plays about 50% of the downs, he's still the starter, and there's no WAY you can grade the LB corp without taking him and our HORRENDOUS lack of depth into account.

R u talkin about The bulldog and kevin sylvester on wgr 550? I heard that this morning to and if u put any stock into what they say u r absolutely kidding yourself! oh by the way they said we have the best qb by far in DRew Bledsoe as well as the best receivers!

Originally posted by va dolfan
LB's: I would've put either the Fins or the Bills on top.With the other being second.

yeah, colvin is not an upgrade from what the pats have had in the past. U remember colvin dont ya from teh MNF game where Jed weaver was all alone in the endzone? and did it look to you like Urlacher and Colvin were stopping ricky at all? i gotta big ol smile on my face right now. who else they have? i dont even know who they have anymore cus they keep either getting rid of guys or they still have injury concerns. what happend to that guy from ohio st? The Jets the same thing. they gave half their defense to Houston. i dont get it. this league is such a revolving door it is lunacy to predict anything. except for the Fins though, we keep our guys.:tongue: i wonder why? hmmmmmmmm. maybe cus were so good!

Originally posted by finfan54

: i wonder why? hmmmmmmmm. maybe cus were so good!

You are sooo good that you didn't make playoffs :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom