Bursting the massive trade bubbles | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bursting the massive trade bubbles

Equalizer said:
Bursting the massive trade bubbles

seeing all these "rumours" and trade down scenarios that have us picking up 3 picks including possibly 2 in the 1st for our 1st has had me mystified. I mean OK if it was a great year and several cut-n-dry all-pro HOF players looked to be available, maybe... maybe because you get a bidding war going.

But were talking about this year and people are actualy mentioning 2 #1 picks for moving up 3 spots... are you kidding me???? No NFL coach would be that stupid... and Saban is not stupid enough to think that might happen... if we trade down 3 picks I would think maybe a first and a 4th or 5th (3rd would be amazing). Shoot I think the Pats could probably trade up with us for there 1st and 2nd.

I will go out on a limb and say that Saban has done just enough of nothing while looking at his prospects that we will pull one of TB's 1st and 3rds for it.

EQ

Oh yah, a story that also comments on the LOW price of moving up http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3540428?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

"The price to move up won't be prohibitive, as it often is. One executive whose team has a top pick says a team interested in trading down probably would move a few spots for a third-round pick."

JJT said:
Listen Pal if your going to start a thread please do some kind of OBJECTIVE research instead of posting links that just validate your own opinion. You are mystified because you are not a professional anything in the NFL. You are an armchair GM, you know nothing about what Saban or any other coach is thinking. For your info, Minnesota is offering us a first and a mid-round pick to move up to the #2 spot. We are not getting two extra 1st rounders. It is idiotic to believe you could move up in the first round for one mid-round pick(hell you couldn't even do that in the 2nd round!:shakeno: ). Do you work for Mike Nolan or something you sound pretty bitter?

It was from an objective football fan of 28 years and someone with a coaches mind... and oh yah,,, I WAS EXACTLY RIGHT ABOUT PLAYER VALUE!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom