Bye Wanny & Fiedler | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bye Wanny & Fiedler

Carolina_Dolfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dan Marino was set to return to the Dolphins after Jimmy retired but Wanny basically did not want him back........ooops......Guess what Wanny....he is now your BOSS!

Marino was a big supporter of Damon Huard and wanted him to take over after he retired......ooops......see ya JAY......good luck finding a new job.......bagging groceries!

:lol:

Yes...it would be ironic if Dan pushes Wanny out the door and forces him to resign!!!

Kind of how Wanny slowly pushed Dan the Man out the door and forced Dan to retire!!!

HAHAHA....Dan deserves to get the last laugh!!!

Just beautiful I say!!!

Go Fins!!!

from espn:

The hiring will test Marino's relationship with Wannstedt, which has been strained in the past. Marino retired reluctantly two months after Wannstedt became Miami's coach in January 2000.

Marino's return to the Dolphins was a stunner in part because the deal came together so quickly.

The hiring of Marino is the latest surprising twist in the Dolphins' offseason. Huizenga resolved the embattled Wannstedt's status two weeks ago by giving him a two-year contract extension but also a demotion, relieving him of responsibility for player moves.

The Dolphins have won just one playoff game in the four years since Marino retired, in part because of lackluster results in the draft.

Marino's mission will be to help change that. He also faces a decision about the future of his successor at quarterback, Jay Fiedler, who has been unpopular with fans while directing a sputtering offense.

Fiedler is due a $2 million option in April and a projected base salary of $3.7 million for 2004 if he returns.

YUP

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
Yes...it would be ironic if Dan pushes Wanny out the door and forces him to resign!!!

Kind of how Wanny slowly pushed Dan the Man out the door and forced Dan to retire!!!

HAHAHA....Dan deserves to get the last laugh!!!

Just beautiful I say!!!

Go Fins!!!

I thought the same thing when I heard Dan was hired. Things always have a way of turning around.

I supported Wanny and Jay in the past but I had it with both of them.Marino or no Marino, nothing will change if we have Wanny and Jay leading our team. My PC was donw for a month so I haven't been ablt to post anything and that was very frustrating the last month of the season. What a waste of talent this team has been. I'm all for any chenges that we can make.

NFL Live on ESPN2 - Golic and Cox both agree that Fiedler is gone and Wanny will be gone after next year if he does not take the team past 1st round of the playoffs................Please let it be true.

Originally posted by Carolina_Dolfan
NFL Live on ESPN2 - Golic and Cox both agree that Fiedler is gone and Wanny will be gone after next year if he does not take the team past 1st round of the playoffs................Please let it be true.

Yeah, this is pretty much a given. Now Spielman doesn't have to do what Wanny says & we can get a better QB in here.

I guarantee you that Dan has a plan. You know he has been sitting back, watching the phins, and thinking about things he would do differently.

Will Wanny just deminish his coaching if it's not the players he wants. WIll it be these are my players and these are Dans Players? Will he give preferance to his players.

Originally posted by Dolfan984
If Dan doesn't get rid of Griese then I will lose all hope on the team. :(

I'm gonna touch on that right quick.

As it is I agree with you, Griese SHOULD be gone. But you have to assess our current situation as well. With Danny here, Jay is as good as gone (good riddens). Brian is a better QB than Jay. He has a MUCH bigger upside. When given time he made good reads, and great passes.

That said, when he didn't have time we were SOL. But Jay is gone, and we're going to need a QB next year while we groom our (hopefuly impending) rookie for at least a season. Where will that come from? Even with Sage we'd need another QB on the roster. I'm kind of thinking Brunell will come, but that's not a given either. Unless we find another QB on the market, we'll have to retain Griese.

That said, hopefuly the line will be better so he can return to his form against SD. Also, he'll be a year in the system, that will help as well. He's not our future franchise QB, but given the circumstances, he might have to do for the next season (though I turely hope not).

Hopefully sitting there thinking.......hmmmm, this kid from NC State reminds me alot of myself......great leader, tough competitor and a helluva quick release........Jay - your gone......give us Rivers.

Originally posted by Carolina_Dolfan
Hopefully sitting there thinking.......hmmmm, this kid from NC State reminds me alot of myself......great leader, tough competitor and a helluva quick release........Jay - your gone......give us Rivers.

I pray not because Rivers is a project in the worst way. We need a QB with an arm, something Rivers doesn't have. I'm tired of us going into bad weather stadiums & seeing all the floaters & ducks Fiedler throws. Rivers has the same type of arm, plus terrible footwork & mechanics.

Back
Top Bottom