Bye Wanny & Fiedler | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bye Wanny & Fiedler

Originally posted by Graythreat

I'm gonna touch on that right quick.

As it is I agree with you, Griese SHOULD be gone. But you have to assess our current situation as well. With Danny here, Jay is as good as gone (good riddens). Brian is a better QB than Jay. He has a MUCH bigger upside. When given time he made good reads, and great passes.

That said, when he didn't have time we were SOL. But Jay is gone, and we're going to need a QB next year while we groom our (hopefuly impending) rookie for at least a season. Where will that come from? Even with Sage we'd need another QB on the roster. I'm kind of thinking Brunell will come, but that's not a given either. Unless we find another QB on the market, we'll have to retain Griese.

That said, hopefuly the line will be better so he can return to his form against SD. Also, he'll be a year in the system, that will help as well. He's not our future franchise QB, but given the circumstances, he might have to do for the next season (though I turely hope not).

I like your reasoning, but I don't think Griese will fair much better than Fiedler, if at all. And for the difference in pay Griese is supposed to get, I'd prefer to see him go first.

Fiedler has at least shown some fire when asked about the team bringing in another starter-quality QB. He may be slightly dilusional, but this could push him off his comfortable, sit back situation and motivate him.

Just saying that I think if we keep 1 of the 2, it should be Fiedler. I never have liked the guy either, but his starting record last year was better than Griese's, and the team responds to him better than they do with Griese.

Originally posted by SMadison29

I pray not because Rivers is a project in the worst way. We need a QB with an arm, something Rivers doesn't have. I'm tired of us going into bad weather stadiums & seeing all the floaters & ducks Fiedler throws. Rivers has the same type of arm, plus terrible footwork & mechanics.

he is a lot like marino. VERY impressive player. More of a mind threat than a physical threat. But so was Marino and Peyton (though they had more of an arm). Rivers can throw the deep ball as he showed in the tangerine bowl. But he is a project. I hope dan goes all out and gets us Eli!

He was throwing against Kansas for God sake. I want to see how he does at the combine. Unlike what most think that is actually more important cuz they put QBs through all NFL throws. Let's see if Rivers has what it takes. The other skill positions you can talk about but you gotta wait until after combine and Senior Bowl for QBs.

Wait and see how he lights them up at the Senior Bowl.......will never get him cause Buffalo will grab him before we get our shot......Donahoe knows a winner when he sees one.........most of you judge guys by how they look in their underwear and don't look close enough at a guys heart and character.....that is what we lack.....we have a ton of guys who look great in their underwear but I want more FOOTBALL players.......the type of guys that the New England Patriots have.......guys with heart and character.

Originally posted by Graythreat

he is a lot like marino. VERY impressive player. More of a mind threat than a physical threat. But so was Marino and Peyton (though they had more of an arm). Rivers can throw the deep ball as he showed in the tangerine bowl. But he is a project. I hope dan goes all out and gets us Eli!

Did you see those deep balls float? OMG when I saw those my thoughts went directly to Fiedler.

Senior Bowl practice starts next Monday, that's the day Rivers' stock starts dropping.

Enough. Jay Fiedler has enough heart and character. Champions have both.

Jay Fiedler is the most inaccurate QB in the league.......and like Parcells said about Delhomme and most people think about Tom Brady....they have something special that makes them winners.....like Marino did and Rivers has.......nuff said.

Originally posted by Ross
Jay still has as much heart and character as anyone. For someone to claim we need Rivers because we need heart and character at the position is flat out wrong.

'Nuff said.

If he had so much heart he wouldn;t be watching from the sidelines I can name alot of QB's that have played with the same injuries Fiedler has Farve,Mcnair should I go on Green,Ramsey, McNabb.............

Enough with heart. It is important but is overrated. Do you really think fat *** Sapp has any heart??? No he doesn't. But he won a Superbowl. As much as you guys would like to think talent doesn't matter anymore it does.

Talent and work ethic, plus some heart are all that matter.

Originally posted by SMadison29

Did you see those deep balls float? OMG when I saw those my thoughts went directly to Fiedler.

Senior Bowl practice starts next Monday, that's the day Rivers' stock starts dropping.

the thing was, he hit them in stride. He didn't underthrow the players ala Jay.

Look at Boomer. He had the cannon of all cannons. But looking back on his games, he threw the ball up. Sure it went a LONG way, but I'll wager 80% of those catches were made by superb plays by the receiver. Often he underthrew the receivers, in double coverage.

where as Rivers hits them in the bread basket. I mean over the shoulder in stride. THAT is what counts. 60 yards through the air, or 50 yards in the air with a 10 yard run. I'll take that any day witha play maker like Chambers on the receiving end of the passes.

Originally posted by Jaj
Enough with heart. It is important but is overrated. Do you really think fat *** Sapp has any heart??? No he doesn't. But he won a Superbowl. As much as you guys would like to think talent doesn't matter anymore it does.

Talent and work ethic, plus some heart are all that matter.

Exactly Jaj ..... which your BOY Fiedler has none of the above.

I wouldn't say that Sapp necessarily has "heart" either...but he has a fire and infectious motivation. He makes his team better just by being on the field. I personally think he's an azz, but you can't deny his effect on the field.

Originally posted by Dolfan984
If Dan doesn't get rid of Griese then I will lose all hope on the team. :(

Why do you have such a problem with BG. He is better than Jay, and only had 4 games to show it. Three aginst really tough teams. I dont think BG is the answer but i dont understand why everyone hates him and loves Jay. At he very least Jay had 4 yrs to show he is good enough and they are further away from the playoffs each year. AKA they get worse every yeay Jay is under center. BG only had four games and is the son of legendary dolphin QB. Would there be all this hate for Marino's son if he was playing QB for us? I bet he could throw like Lucas and noone would scream like they do about BG.

NOt for nothing but.....Huard???? NO!

Dave never forced Dan out first of all. So there goes your little goes around comes around theory. Second, Marino was a competitor with fire and desire, just as Fiedler, so why not work with Fiedler on his mechanics and timing to bring Jay up to par! After he restructures his contract of course. Draft a rookie talent to watch and learn and there you have it. All this dismissing Wannstedt and Fiedler is ridiculous. Some of ya'll need to go back to that old crack, cause this new crack got ya trippin!

Back
Top Bottom