Byron Jones??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Byron Jones???

Greer17

Club Member
Reaction score
Has Jones reported for mini camp? I haven't seen his name mentioned once and to be the highest paid corner on the team, and the one that has frustrated X, I would think he would be there proving his worth.

i do wonder if X's ego couldve handled it better had we not signed Jones. maybe he couldve dealt with not being highest paid in league, but highest paid on team might be different

Particularly comparing his '20 INT total to Jones.'

Do you guys who are offering your perspective on X… know the details of why he is holding out?

If it came out that he asked for no changes on the money overall, but asked for $5mil more guaranteed, would you feel differently?

All pro, top 3 at his position, with next to zero guaranteed money on his contract beyond this year. If there was a time to bang the table for more money, it would be now.

we’re hopefully all fin fans first before any player, so I’d love for him to stop and show up… but I definitely understand the perspective.

Do you guys who are offering your perspective on X… know the details of why he is holding out?

If it came out that he asked for no changes on the money overall, but asked for $5mil more guaranteed, would you feel differently?

All pro, top 3 at his position, with next to zero guaranteed money on his contract beyond this year. If there was a time to bang the table for more money, it would be now.

we’re hopefully all fin fans first before any player, so I’d love for him to stop and show up… but I definitely understand the perspective.

Ive said from get go, i have zero issue with him asking for more guaranteed, but there is almost 0% chance his agent is going to restructure and ONLY ask for gtd money while they are at the table.

I don’t even get the OPs question. Why wouldn’t Jones be in camp? If he wasn’t isn’t it obvious there’d be an entire thread dedicated to Jones and X not at camp the world coming to an end?

Ive said from get go, i have zero issue with him asking for more guaranteed, but there is almost 0% chance his agent is going to restructure and ONLY ask for gtd money while they are at the table.
0% chance of that.

ZE-RO.

...and this guaranteed money narrative is so silly. Players play out their contracts ALL the time... they call it 'betting on themselves', and they do this to secure a big contract, which X did.

But now she cries that it's not good enough, even though she received the largest contract for a CB in history when she signed it. But now she wants to blackmail the team and she is refusing to fulfill her end of the deal.

Be a man X, do what you agreed to do.

0% chance of that.

ZE-RO.

...and this guaranteed money narrative is so silly. Players play out their contracts ALL the time... they call it 'betting on themselves', and they do this to secure a big contract, which X did.

But now she cries that it's not good enough, even though she received the largest contract for a CB in history when she signed it. But now she wants to blackmail the team and she is refusing to fulfill her end of the deal.

Be a man X, do what you agreed to do.
You’re telling him to be a man.

If he listens to this “advice”, the entire trajectory of his HUMAN LIFE literally hinges on him not getting injured this year. In the game of football where juiced up 200lb dudes are throwing their bodies at each other. A player who is already injury prone.

As a fan of the dolphins, I don’t want them to change ****, but why can’t you wrap your head around this guys perspective trying to look out for his long term livelihood.

For someone who loves to make super lengthy detailed post it’s a bit strange you’re so lazy with the “narrative” behind elite players playing on zero guaranteed money “all the time”.

You’re telling him to be a man.

If he listens to this “advice”, the entire trajectory of his HUMAN LIFE literally hinges on him not getting injured this year. In the game of football where juiced up 200lb dudes are throwing their bodies at each other. A player who is already injury prone.

As a fan of the dolphins, I don’t want them to change ****, but why can’t you wrap your head around this guys perspective trying to look out for his long term livelihood.

For someone who loves to make super lengthy detailed post it’s a bit strange you’re so lazy with the “narrative” behind elite players playing on zero guaranteed money “all the time”.
It's what drives free agency. There's no need to do an in depth dive on this. Guys play out their contracts (and this means they have no guarantees by definition), but once they've signed a contract, they can choose to do what they've honorably agreed to do... or they can prove themselves to be a liar. X agreed to show up when he signed that contract... he even has guaranteed money left for this year, but he wants to blackmail the team into giving him even more...

You know how many Dolphins players have guaranteed money coming in 2022 that are not covered by rookie contracts? Two. This whole I want guaranteed money or I will cry... when I've already received it... is just sad, egotistical, narcissistic... selfish. I hope they tell him to pound sand.

It's what drives free agency. There's no need to do an in depth dive on this. Guys play out their contracts (and this means they have no guarantees by definition), but once they've signed a contract, they can choose to do what they've honorably agreed to do... or they can prove themselves to be a liar. X agreed to show up when he signed that contract... he even has guaranteed money left for this year, but he wants to blackmail the team into giving him even more...

You know how many Dolphins players have guaranteed money coming in 2022 that are not covered by rookie contracts? Two. This whole I want guaranteed money or I will cry... when I've already received it... is just sad, egotistical, narcissistic... selfish. I hope they tell him to pound sand.
How many of those players with no guarantees are ELITE? How about elite and injury prone?

If I’m the dolphins, I am definitely not trying to give him another dollar… but you seem like a smart dude who can’t seem to “get” what is happening here. His contract guarantees don’t fit his abilities. Yeah, his bad for signing the contract. Doesn’t automatically make the contract better. He is doing what he can to try to improve the circumstances. In my business, things get renegotiated all the time. Sometimes we drop a client or vendor if the terms don’t match, other times we make it work.

That’s life, that’s business, you’re getting personally attacked by X trying to take care of himself… calling him “she”, a cancer, a liar… dude, take it easy and realize this is a real person living a real life and he actually never did anything to you for you to get so offended by him.

Back
Top Bottom