Byron Jones??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Byron Jones???

How many of those players with no guarantees are ELITE? How about elite and injury prone?

If I’m the dolphins, I am definitely not trying to give him another dollar… but you seem like a smart dude who can’t seem to “get” what is happening here. His contract guarantees don’t fit his abilities. Yeah, his bad for signing the contract. Doesn’t automatically make the contract better. He is doing what he can to try to improve the circumstances. In my business, things get renegotiated all the time. Sometimes we drop a client or vendor if the terms don’t match, other times we make it work.

That’s life, that’s business, you’re getting personally attacked by X trying to take care of himself… calling him “she”, a cancer, a liar… dude, take it easy and realize this is a real person living a real life and he actually never did anything to you for you to get so offended by him.
Heh!

When faced with a completely selfish co-worker, you don't defend them... (and you'll notice the complete deafening silence coming from her teammates on this).

These Karen-type personalities will be the death of our locker room if we let this poison fester. The best way to handle a problem employee is with brutal honesty. Dude, you signed a contract, it is legally binding... show up or get fined, and eventually sued.

Heh!

When faced with a completely selfish co-worker, you don't defend them... (and you'll notice the complete deafening silence coming from her teammates on this).

These Karen-type personalities will be the death of our locker room if we let this poison fester. The best way to handle a problem employee is with brutal honesty. Dude, you signed a contract, it is legally binding... show up or get fined, and eventually sued.

literally every player on every single team does exactly this - silence because “it’s a business”. Can’t believe you tried to use that as an argument lol.

Again with the name calling - why are you so offended by him? Haha.

he signed a contract that he is definitely outperforming and he is trying to renegotiate it into a better one. The fins are trying to refuse while still keeping business w that employee because they value him. very reasonable expectation from both sides of the table.

It’s like two adults speaking calmly and you’re in the background just screaming at one of them loudly.

It's what drives free agency. There's no need to do an in depth dive on this. Guys play out their contracts (and this means they have no guarantees by definition), but once they've signed a contract, they can choose to do what they've honorably agreed to do... or they can prove themselves to be a liar. X agreed to show up when he signed that contract... he even has guaranteed money left for this year, but he wants to blackmail the team into giving him even more...

You know how many Dolphins players have guaranteed money coming in 2022 that are not covered by rookie contracts? Two. This whole I want guaranteed money or I will cry... when I've already received it... is just sad, egotistical, narcissistic... selfish. I hope they tell him to pound sand.

Once that door starts swinging both ways...once the playing field is level, then we can have open and honest "honor" conversations.

Until that point, the contracts are heavily slanted in favor of the teams. X simply doesn't have to play if he doesn't want to, because it's an EMPLOYMENT contract, not a testament to manhood. What's sad is that some people, for whatever reason, are using this as an excuse to attack the guy personally.

Let's work with what we KNOW:

- X has zero guaranteed money left on his contract after 2021.
- X is not at minicamp.
- Brian Flores expressed appreciation for X at media day, called it a unique situation, and said they have had internal discussions about it.

That's it. That's all we know. We haven't heard one bit of maliciousness from either the Dolphins or X. We do not know what, specifically, he's unhappy about.

Heh!

Link to the grounds for this, please?

literally every player on every single team does exactly this - silence because “it’s a business”. Can’t believe you tried to use that as an argument lol.

Again with the name calling - why are you so offended by him? Haha.

he signed a contract that he is definitely outperforming and he is trying to renegotiate it into a better one. The fins are trying to refuse while still keeping business w that employee because they value him. very reasonable expectation from both sides of the table.

It’s like two adults speaking calmly and you’re in the background just screaming at one of them loudly.
Heh!

I'm being very reasonable. I am describing his selfish behavior... his jealousy over Jones' contract, his unwillingness to do what he signed a contract to do.

He's (or she) is a liar.

Link to the grounds for this, please?
Players who refuse to fulfil their contracts get sued for the signing bonuses that they've received.

Sanders had to repay money when he retired, as did Ricky.

Look it up yourself.

Once that door starts swinging both ways...once the playing field is level, then we can have open and honest "honor" conversations.

Until that point, the contracts are heavily slanted in favor of the teams. X simply doesn't have to play if he doesn't want to, because it's an EMPLOYMENT contract, not a testament to manhood. What's sad is that some people, for whatever reason, are using this as an excuse to attack the guy personally.

Let's work with what we KNOW:

- X has zero guaranteed money left on his contract after 2021.
- X is not at minicamp.
- Brian Flores expressed appreciation for X at media day, called it a unique situation, and said they have had internal discussions about it.

That's it. That's all we know. We haven't heard one bit of maliciousness from either the Dolphins or X. We do not know what, specifically, he's unhappy about.
Other things we know

She will be fined 93K for missing mandatory minicamp.

She may be fined up to 50K for each day of training camp that she misses.
All guaranteed monies will be withheld if she refuses to show up.
The team may opt to sue her for return of previously paid signing bonus monies if she refuses to play.

Players who refuse to fulfil their contracts get sued for the signing bonuses that they've received.

Sanders had to repay money when he retired, as did Ricky.

Look it up yourself.

I did. Pretty sure you didn't.

Most of Howard's signing bonus is already doled out and played through.

He'd owe some back, sure.

The three of you have been leading the chorus to defend X's behavior, and that's fine... but if X gets what he wants, I expect the three of you to 1) back each successive player who refuses to honor their existing contract and 2) never once complain about any future cap problems that Miami endures.

Heh!

I'm being very reasonable. I am describing his selfish behavior... his jealousy over Jones' contract, his unwillingness to do what he signed a contract to do.

He's (or she) is a liar.

Link to this, please?

I looked it up. It doesn't exist.

The three of you have been leading the chorus to defend X's behavior, and that's fine... but if X gets what he wants, I expect the three of you to 1) back each successive player who refuses to honor their existing contract and 2) never once complain about any future cap problems that Miami endures.

Speaking of looking things up, have you actually looked up the definition of "narcissism" that you keep throwing around so blithely?

tl;dr: It doesn't matter what you expect.

Back
Top Bottom