Byron Jones??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Byron Jones???

The larger font part. His jealousy over Jones's contract.
If you can't see that this is what this is about... wow, you must be blind.

Every single article has mentioned this... has X said it out loud? No. He's hidden behind his agent. Complete press blackout. Pretty smart if a little gutless.

The larger font part. His jealousy over Jones's contract.
Maybe I’m not getting exactly what your questioning here, but...isn’t it rather obvious X is jealous of Byrons contact? Maybe jealous is not what you personally may call it, but envious to say the least, yea?

If you can't see that this is what this is about... wow, you must be blind.

Every single article has mentioned this... has X said it out loud? No. He's hidden behind his agent. Complete press blackout. Pretty smart if a little gutless.

So let me get this straight: Because everyone is making a supposition about what he wants, but neither he nor his agent have actually stated it, it must be true, and therefore X is a coward?

Way to make logical leaps and make up your own narrative, Omando.

Maybe I’m not getting exactly what your questioning here, but...isn’t it rather obvious X is jealous of Byrons contact? Maybe jealous is not what you personally may call it, but envious to say the least, yea?

Link?

Again, X has zero guaranteed money after 2021.

Just because everyone is assuming it doesn't mean it's so. if that is indeed the case, I'll certainly re-evaluate my stance on the situation.

So let me get this straight: Because everyone is making a supposition about what he wants, but neither he nor his agent have actually stated it, it must be true, and therefore X is a coward?

Way to make logical leaps and make up your own narrative, Omando.
I assume you mean Armando?

Insults are insults but that's over the top. :lol:

I assume you mean Armando?

Insults are insults but that's over the top. :lol:

I was combining names. And hey, I didn't start with the insults or demands.

If you'll look at a recent article from Armando, he very literally justifies Howard's reasoning for wanting to be the highest paid CB on Miami, and neither Howard nor his agent have ever said that.

It's some of the ********* journalism I've ever seen.

if in charge I'd be aggressively looking to trade him.

not hard to see he really isn't a Flores kind of guy.

dude is selfish... talented yes but not worth setting a bad precedent that will

be tattooed on both Grier and Flo.

Link?

Again, X has zero guaranteed money after 2021.

Just because everyone is assuming it doesn't mean it's so. if that is indeed the case, I'll certainly re-evaluate my stance on the situation.
Ok I’ll bite...

we don’t need a LINK to show what’s been around with man since the beginning of time. Envy, jealousy, greed, or whatever label you choose to use, it really doesn’t matter. “He has something I want” is the basis here.

Guaranteed $$ or bigger contract, it’s true we don’t really know. Regardless, if Byron wasn’t on the same team...MY bet, this wouldn’t be going on.

Ok I’ll bite...

we don’t need a LINK to show what’s been around with man since the beginning of time. Envy, jealousy, greed, or whatever label you choose to use, it really doesn’t matter. “He has something I want” is the basis here.

Guaranteed $$ or bigger contract, it’s true we don’t really know. Regardless, if Byron wasn’t on the same team...MY bet, this wouldn’t be going on.

Sure ya do. At least, that's what *I* need to hear before I assume that's what he wants. Here's the thing, and this is the reason I'm hesitant to buy it, specifically this time.

If Howard feels that he should be the highest-paid CB on the team, why haven't we heard it yet? I'd be willing to bet that his agent would be more than willing to take that stance. David Canter's actually fairly well-known for doing that sort of thing.

If it's so easy to see that's what Howard wants...why haven't we heard it yet? It's possible that Howard and the team are trying to work this out privately, but if things were as acrimonious as many on this board are assuming, and a trade was being threatened, Canter would have put something out there, no?

It’s just a little strange to see such strong opinions and childish name calling when literally no one has said much about the topic.

obviously the Dolphins want the player to honor the original contract, but as The Goat mentioned it’s very very obvious as well that contracts are HEAVILY slanted toward teams. Flores called it a unique situation - it is a unique situation, with an elite, all pro player playing on a contract that doesn’t match his play (he signed it, we know).

I don’t even want the Dolphins to renegotiate - it’s just super odd to see someone bashing him over and over when we have no actual substance to base it off of. Childish and amateur.

Armando had the dumbest article I have seen by a sports writer in the Miami Herald this morning. He basically took issue with Flores stating that it isn’t common to renegotiate a players contact one year after he signed it.
Armando claims the Dolphins renegotiate one year contracts all the time and his examples are the most absurd comparisons I have seen. He claims that the Dolphins signed Van Noy and Flowers last year and cut them after one year with the team. He also mentioned that the Dolphins released several coaches after they had been with the team a year or less, even though they were still under contract.

The fact Armando doesn’t seem to understand the difference between a player wanting to renegotiate his contract because he feels he outplayed his contract and the Dolphins cutting players or firing coaches is mind boggling. So the next time you get fired from a job because you weren’t effective enough, don’t tell your friends and family you were fired. Just tell them that your former employer negotiated you out of your job.

Last edited:
I see this as business from both sides. Teams renegotiate contracts, too. We did with Albert Wilson to save money. He wasn't living up to his contract. I am glad he saw the light.

I am not sure X has seriously outplayed his contract. He had big numbers for one year, but in 2019, he only played 5 games. NFL Contracts are always a gamble.

If he doesn't want to play, he isn't going to be forced. But he'll either play for what the team offers him or he can sit out. I won't hold it against him or the team.

It's just business.

Sure ya do. At least, that's what *I* need to hear before I assume that's what he wants. Here's the thing, and this is the reason I'm hesitant to buy it, specifically this time.

If Howard feels that he should be the highest-paid CB on the team, why haven't we heard it yet? I'd be willing to bet that his agent would be more than willing to take that stance. David Canter's actually fairly well-known for doing that sort of thing.

If it's so easy to see that's what Howard wants...why haven't we heard it yet? It's possible that Howard and the team are trying to work this out privately, but if things were as acrimonious as many on this board are assuming, and a trade was being threatened, Canter would have put something out there, no?
I think X and his lawyers are playing it as close to the vest as possible, and that’s smart IMO. Therefore, I think we don’t KNOW any details bc that’s the way they want it. I think they are trying to not provoke anything from the organization other than getting X more $$.

I get your point, and for the most part we are splitting hairs I think. It’s absolutely true we don’t/can’t see his mind or heart!! However, actions speak loudly sometimes, which leads to fairly logical assumptions. However, At the end of the day it’s pretty simple IMO. He wants more $ in one form or another. Wether one feels it’s justified or not, that fact remains. IMO IF the current market wasn’t bigger than HIS contract, he likely wouldn’t be asking for more. And which player on which team reset the market? That’s right, our man Byron.

I've actually been waiting for the outcry over the team not honoring KVN and Flower's contracts. I mean this team is so immoral I've had to start looking for a new team. Are we sure about the legality of those contract terminations as well??? I hope there is an independent investigation.

I don’t even get the OPs question. Why wouldn’t Jones be in camp? If he wasn’t isn’t it obvious there’d be an entire thread dedicated to Jones and X not at camp the world coming to an end?
Just hadn't seen his name mentioned at all from any of the posters, the media personnel or even just a blip about his play from any of the coaches. I have seen remarks about Coleman, Needham, Iggy and Perry. Even Nate Holley and Trill Williams, whoever they are, made plays. Normally you will see even a quick remark about a pass breakup or he was beat on a play, but nothing. Sorry to have bothered you that you had to even make a comment on a post that you didn't understand.

Back
Top Bottom