C.b.s. Ultimate Mock | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

C.b.s. Ultimate Mock

I agree with that. Dave Gettleman said something interesting in his press conference. On a question: "When you talk about QBs in this draft, given the importance of the position, and how you cannot win without one, do you still apply your "gold jacket" [HoF] standard to picking at #2 if it's a QB?"
Dave said: "I'm gonna turn the question to you, . . . If you think about it, think about all the QBs you've seen [in this draft], Who of them have made everybody better? [pause] . . . That's what you're looking for in a QB. Does he make everybody around him better? That's what you're looking for."

That to me is one of the important rough standards as well. But, to this team it may not be, and probably isn't. While they are interested in Baker Mayfield, who we can consider to have made everyone in Oklahoma look good, there are decisions that point in a different direction with the Dolphins.
They extended and committed to Tannehill, who quarterbacked through a revolving door of coaches, offensive linemen, receivers. They signed Brock Osweiler, who has not exactly made everyone better. And now there are rumors of interest in Rosen, whose coaches were fired and who hardly made his line look good, or his receivers.

In last season's finale they tested David Fales, who looked good processing, but his arm did not look to be on par. This offseason Fales was on the bubble. They obviously liked some things, but did not like others. Then they signed Osweiler who has a big arm. The Tannehill, Mayfield, Osweiler, Fales interest also indicates they want a QB who is familiar with the system or has mental processing to execute Gase's system.
So those are their standards in my opinion: mental processing and arm strength. And Rosen fits that.

But in my opinion, Rosen is not a great QB, and that's where their standards fail. And that's why we get Brock Osweilers of the world signed to a contract. They are not looking for greatness. They are looking for minutiae.

Dave Gettleman is a fool. He is about to draft a running back at #2 in this year's draft. If he does, he would become the worst GM in the league in my opinion. And if he thinks the QB's in this draft don't make the players around them better, he should take a look at his own starting QB Eli Manning. Manning is the most overrated QB in the league and he is 37 years old.

Last edited:
If I see another mock with Luke Fslk and Mike White to the Phins I will puke. It’s sickening. As if we do not have enough garbage QBs on roster.

Actually, considering Miami does not need a starting QB, getting a backup is what could be in the cards...Falk could very well be that guy. Falk would be a very good backup, but could be much more later on.

A great QB hides many deficiencies of a team.
There. Are. NO. Great. QBs. Among. The. Top. Prospects. This. Draft.

There is nothing but hopes and dreams about this bunch.

Rudolph, Falk and Lauletta are the 3 best risk vs. reward prospects in the QB pool.

Rudolph, Falk and Lauletta are the 3 best risk vs. reward prospects in the QB pool.
Everything about this post is wrong.

That’s just your opinion. I’m not saying you’re wrong or right but I’m being unbiased in the search for a great QB. I think Tannehill is a good QB but no harm in drafting a QB that could potentially be great. Aaron Rodgers sat for a couple years behind Farve. Steve Young behind Joe Montana. It’s not a bad plan to draft QBs until you find a great one.

I haven't seen this posted. The CBS Ultimate Mock has Allen off the board first, the Patriots trading up with Cleveland and drafting Sam Darnold with pick #4, the Jets getting Baker ( I hate this possibility) but Josh Rosen sliding right to us at #11.

If Rosen drops how will you feel about using #11 on him.

You forgot the BUFFALO TRADE UP :(

I haven't seen this posted. The CBS Ultimate Mock has Allen off the board first, the Patriots trading up with Cleveland and drafting Sam Darnold with pick #4, the Jets getting Baker ( I hate this possibility) but Josh Rosen sliding right to us at #11.

If Rosen drops how will you feel about using #11 on him.
Yea he does fall. But, didn't they have Miami taking Edmunds at 11? I hope that happens Thursday.

My bad, I see they take Vea. MISTAKE at 11. Hope that is not the case, especially when Edmunds and James are still on the board. The DT we need will be there in the second or third.

Back
Top Bottom