Calvin Johnson? Are the Lions THAT Dumb??? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Calvin Johnson? Are the Lions THAT Dumb???

I guess we should all get ready to lose 49-42 every game
if we trade away numerous valuable draft picks when we have so many needs on defense starting with all our starting linebackers,both starting safeties,1 nose tackle,and 1 corner that the jury is still out on.

How do you replace/upgrade a possible 8 starters on defense when the draft"cookie jar" is empty

Can you imagine trading all the proposed draft picks mentioned for Calvin then he goes down with a season ending injury...CVS and Wallgreens would have a run on razor blades just from forum members

They dont score 49 on us now with this defense.

What 8 starters would we need in the next 2 years? (2 years for the 2 1st rounders)

BTW, im not saying im a supporter of the idea, just curious

Remember what the Lions wanted from the Bucs to trade up and get him...They wanted 2 complete drafts worth of picks if i am remebering right

Imagine if it was done..

Gruden might still have a job....and Millen might not be making stupid calls on NFL Network...

Anytime you are a bad team and someone wants to give you more than value for a player you should take it..Losing Johnson would be big but he can be replaced..

Ill take 5 very good players over 1 great player any day of the week..

The Ricky deal worked out for both teams at first

We should not have ran him that much tho the first year as thats what turned the 3rd into a 1st rounder..

I would never do anything that dumb again...trading 2 first rounders and a 3rd rounder for a running back...

Parcells has shown that it starts up front with the line..

Millen is actually a great announcer.. One of the better ones at least. Him and Poppa do good together.

My best freind is a Lions fan and he said a few weeks ago he would not be surprised if they part ways with Calvin to get some extra picks. He said Calvin is pretty much all they got, whom would be able to attract a couple of decent picks.

However, in watching some Lions games this season, I must say he is one of the better receivers in the league, HOWEVER, he seems to be very injury prone. I doubt the trifecta will part ways with their draft picks. But I wouldn't give up anything more than two 2nd round picks.

If this is a true story about Schwartz possibly looking to trade Calvin Johnson, IF possible I'd wait until after the 2010 draft to make a play for him ... at least BP will see what he's been able to do with F/A's and the draftees he's brought in .... this will allow him more flexibility to possibly trade some of the players on the roster along with future draft picks in 2011 and possibly 2012 ... this team NEEDS at least one more off season to add to the roster ... before it COULD be in position to make a major trade!!!

and that is why this front office wont win any super bowls in Miami and that is the ugly truth . I personaly want the Tuna and company to succeed but they are not realiizing that others who make bold moves are the ones that will get to the playoffs while ones who sit back are the exact ones who will be watching the playoffs .

If Ireland and company want to succeed they may have to change their thinking because other teams are going forward Miami is well, going in circles , sure we have improved but so have the jets and Bills .

if a fanbase wants a superbowl it will require more then a half *** aproach like this front office is doing.

Among the boldest recent moves include Roy Williams to the Cowboys, Cutler to the Bears and Favre, Faneca, Sanchez, Edwards to the Jest. How exactly are they working out?

this reciever has the most potential out of anyone in nfl history. he has size like no other and is very fast. 4.3, 4.4 fast i believe. this kid is the best reciever in the nfl just based off shear talent and not stats. if we got this kid i would buy his jersey that day

Very tempting, but the price would be steep. If we could package some players and a first rounder I'd at least make the Lions an offer.

How about a 2010 first rounder, DE Merling, Ginn and Camarillo, and a second rounder in 2011?

I'd be fine with a WR corp of Johnson, Hartline, and Bess with Turner and another late WR rookie/free agent pickup. Depth would be a concern, but we'd have a Moss/Welker situation with Johnson/Bess, while Hartline would thrive in single coverage.

The offense side of the ball would be set in 2010.

You spend the rest of the draft getting some LB help, a project NT, and a pass catching TE. The secondary should be fine with Davis and Smith developing, Bell at strong safety and getting Clemons on the field at free safety. Gibril Wilson can get cut.

Dont like this idea one bit... I rather make a play for Miles Austin in FA before trying to nab Johnson for our whole draft. Theres also Vincent Jackson out in FA as well and teammate Malcolm Floyd. We need DEFENSE!!!!! Keep our picks, get a playmaking ILB in the draft.(I really like Spikes and McClain, but i doubt we get either of them.) Whoever wants to give up the world for Calvin Johnson, either (A) wants his jersey (B) has a man crush on him (C) doesnt care if we go 0-16 as long as we got a WR who can top 1,000 yards. Some people on here are insane and im glad we have Bill Parcells who must not know how to build better NFL teams(although hes been successful doing it every team he has gone to, but i must be crazy.)

I'm glad somebody say he's Randy Moss 2.0 because he takes plays off when he isn't getting the ball and he doesn't block in the run game. Not the kind of guy that Parcells likes. I'd much rather have Vincent Jackson for a lot less money and use our draft on the holes we have.

Hey everyone good morning, I was listening to the radio this morning on my way to work and I wonder if anyone else heard that Jim Schwartz, Detroit Lions HC, has stated that he wants to build the defense through the draft and may be willing to part with Calvin Johnson in order to receive some added picks. If true, he is an imbecile lol.

It is a pipe dream but if he would be put on the Block, what would you be willing to give up to get him. For sure it would start an insane bidding war the likes that we have never seen lol. My .02: 1st, 2 2nds, 5th and Ginn (just because everyone hates Ginn lol)
take a lesson from history my friend,if it sounds too good to be true,its probably not....

Listen too yourselves.Your talking about ripping piecies of our young nucleus,and get this...FOR ONE PLAYER!!!!

You think the Colts win 12+ games in 7 seasons in a row because of trading high(really high) draft picks,and a bunch of players for one dude?

You think the Steelers win 2 SB's in 4 years because of wheeling and dealing chunks(and future chunks) of their teams for one player?

We tried this for about a decade,ladies and gentlemen....it didnt work.So,isnt time we tried something else?

Dont like this idea one bit... I rather make a play for Miles Austin in FA before trying to nab Johnson for our whole draft. Theres also Vincent Jackson out in FA as well and teammate Malcolm Floyd.

Do you really think the Cowboys let Austin walk? Or that the Chargers let Jackson go? Floyd, well I don't think he is a true #1 WR and we got plenty of #2/#3 type guys already. Not a chance these guys hit free agency, not without teams slapping a franchise tag on them, and without a new CBA in place each team will have three of them to use. I don't see any worthwhile WRs hitting free agency in 2010.

I'm not about trading our entire draft for one guy, or even two first rounders like was done for Ricky. You make a reasonable offer to the Lions and they can take it or leave it, or negotiate a bit.

Like I said before, you add Calvin to this team and the offense is all set. The defense will need help, especially at LB, but we could still have second this year and a first next to draft a couple guys.

Saying Miami should pay whatever it takes to get Johnson is crazy, but saying we should not even make an offer is also going to far the other way.

I would give whatever it takes to get him. Top 5 wide receiver in the NFL.

edit: why is megatron a tag for this thread :chuckle:

Yeah, that way the Phins can make lots of Chris Berman's highlight reels, but never get to the playoffs.

Once again folks, football is a TEAM sport and championships are won in the trenches :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom