Calvin Johnson? Are the Lions THAT Dumb??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Calvin Johnson? Are the Lions THAT Dumb???

Maybe our first + an autographed picture of RDS would seal the deal.

Personally, I would give two firsts plus some late rounders, or a first and some depth guys. However, that is a good reason why I will never be a GM. This regime is gay for draft picks and I just dont see it happening. The cost to get him would amount to trying to buy a Superbowl. I think it would work too, with a couple of solid safetys we could pick up in free agency.

with the bidding war that would cause, it would definitely cost any team MULTIPLE first rounders and maybe even so more picks/players. It would most likely be the equivalent of what Minnesota gave up for Hershel Walker and what N.O. gave up in the ricky draft day trade

What Jerry Jones gave up to get Roy Williams (1st, 3rd and 6th for Williams and a 7th) will set the low water-level for any serious offers. I would expect they'd be also asking for a 2011 1st or 2nd. That's a pretty stiff price to pay but I'd strongly consider it nonetheless.

In reality, I suspect that a team with some chips like a James Harrison or Shawne Merriman as sweeteners, and/or maybe even an Eddie Royal or Robert Meachum... will be ponying up with that...and draft offers exceeding what they got for Williams.

Jerry Jones gave up Two first round picks for Williams along with the other picks you mentioned.

I would love to have Johnson, but the price would be way too high. We are not 1 WR away from a super bowl. We still have holes to fill and if we trade away all our picks we won't be able to fix our D.

Probably cheaper to try to pry away Miles Austin from the Cowboys.

C'mon man, Miles Austin is an Acura, whereas Calvin Johnson is a Ferrari. The two couldn't be in a more different class. Austin is a nice player, but CJ is a Franchise-type WR, without the Prima-Donna syndrome. Anything we would have to give up to get him would be way more than worth it, giving us a top offense for years to come.

I don't care how much, get him

Randy Moss 2.0

Think about it though, we're giving up a ton of draft picks, but Calvin Johnson is undoubtfully worth a 1st and whatever else.

It's like taking a receiver in the first round.

kinda...

I second that notion - JUST get him here :woot:

I'm not for giving multiple 1st's for one player, even though he is elite. Aren't there a few top level free agents we can grab for free? Vincent Jackson comes to mind.

Hell I'd give up Crowder, Porter, Wilson and Bell to help him build his defense....

And throw in the speeding nerd on top of it...

Take out bell and put in a 2nd and I like it.

Edit: And I dont like the idea of getting a true #1 and trading Ginn in the same breath, I actually think he would do ok if we didnt have to go to him with the game on the line.

Sending off Calvin Johnson for a plethora of players and draft picks is actually a pretty smart move. What exactly are the Lions winning with Calvin Johnson on the roster? Meanwhile, their pass defense is historically bad, which is one of the major reasons why that team is terrible.

A potential HoF WR is a luxury on a team as bad as the Lions. If they can get multiple draft picks and some mid-level defensive veterans, it makes sense to ship him out. Schwartz isn't crazy on this one.

Nope. It's NOT the Trifectas plan to mortgage the future (giving up multiple premium picks) for a single player).

Back
Top Bottom