Calvin Johnson? Are the Lions THAT Dumb??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Calvin Johnson? Are the Lions THAT Dumb???

Remember what the Lions wanted from the Bucs to trade up and get him...They wanted 2 complete drafts worth of picks if i am remebering right

Imagine if it was done..

Gruden might still have a job....and Millen might not be making stupid calls on NFL Network...

Anytime you are a bad team and someone wants to give you more than value for a player you should take it..Losing Johnson would be big but he can be replaced..

Ill take 5 very good players over 1 great player any day of the week..

The Ricky deal worked out for both teams at first

We should not have ran him that much tho the first year as thats what turned the 3rd into a 1st rounder..

I would never do anything that dumb again...trading 2 first rounders and a 3rd rounder for a running back...

Parcells has shown that it starts up front with the line..

Nope. It's NOT the Trifectas plan to mortgage the future (giving up multiple premium picks) for a single player).
Right on! The Bears did this to get Cutler, how's that working out for them? Their first pick in the draft comes in the 3rd round.

Hell I'd give up Crowder, Porter, Wilson and Bell to help him build his defense....

And throw in the speeding nerd on top of it...

You could not get a sack of hamburgers for those guy's. Maybe if we packaged picks like a 1st and 5th and players like Merling and Clemmons
or Solai.

I doubt we would even give up 2 1st rounders let alone 3...Don't think this is a reality

I just don't think it is a smart move to give up 3 first rounders for a guy who probably at most touch the ball 10 times a game. There are very FEW players that a team would give up that for . . . and they are QB's (Manning & Brees).

That being said, 2 first rounders I would have to do.

as much as i like Calvin Johnson and would love to see him in a Phins uniform i doubt we will try to get him. I definately dont think the Trifecta will trade away tons of picks for him. Its more likely that we'd draft a receiver in the first round than trade away first round picks and more. I think we will go after a FA receiver and draft defense in the first but thats just my opinion.

It is nice to think about Henne to Calvin Johnson tho, that would be great.

i would love to have calvin johnson.....but lets be real. we wouldn't even give up picks to get boldin last off-season. and it would take more to get calvin. so what makes you think we would do that? we will build through the draft. and that's pretty much final. LOL

Hey everyone good morning, I was listening to the radio this morning on my way to work and I wonder if anyone else heard that Jim Schwartz, Detroit Lions HC, has stated that he wants to build the defense through the draft and may be willing to part with Calvin Johnson in order to receive some added picks. If true, he is an imbecile lol.

It is a pipe dream but if he would be put on the Block, what would you be willing to give up to get him. For sure it would start an insane bidding war the likes that we have never seen lol. My .02: 1st, 2 2nds, 5th and Ginn (just because everyone hates Ginn lol)

oh how I wish that were to to happen BOY THAT WOULD SURE CAUSE A MASS EXODUS OF SUSICIDES IN DETROIT.

Hey everyone good morning, I was listening to the radio this morning on my way to work and I wonder if anyone else heard that Jim Schwartz, Detroit Lions HC, has stated that he wants to build the defense through the draft and may be willing to part with Calvin Johnson in order to receive some added picks. If true, he is an imbecile lol.

It is a pipe dream but if he would be put on the Block, what would you be willing to give up to get him. For sure it would start an insane bidding war the likes that we have never seen lol. My .02: 1st, 2 2nds, 5th and Ginn (just because everyone hates Ginn lol)

Not a stupid strategy at all. That's the Parcells model. This regime doesnt believe in high draft WR's. They build via the inside out and emphasis on D.

How is an NFL head coach an imbecile?

I guess we should all get ready to lose 49-42 every game
if we trade away numerous valuable draft picks when we have so many needs on defense starting with all our starting linebackers,both starting safeties,1 nose tackle,and 1 corner that the jury is still out on.

How do you replace/upgrade a possible 8 starters on defense when the draft"cookie jar" is empty

Can you imagine trading all the proposed draft picks mentioned for Calvin then he goes down with a season ending injury...CVS and Wallgreens would have a run on razor blades just from forum members

Isnt he alway hurt?

Not a stupid strategy at all. That's the Parcells model. This regime doesnt believe in high draft WR's. They build via the inside out and emphasis on D.

How is an NFL head coach an imbecile?

and that is why this front office wont win any super bowls in Miami and that is the ugly truth . I personaly want the Tuna and company to succeed but they are not realiizing that others who make bold moves are the ones that will get to the playoffs while ones who sit back are the exact ones who will be watching the playoffs .

If Ireland and company want to succeed they may have to change their thinking because other teams are going forward Miami is well, going in circles , sure we have improved but so have the jets and Bills .

if a fanbase wants a superbowl it will require more then a half *** aproach like this front office is doing.

and that is why this front office wont win any super bowls in Miami and that is the ugly truth . I personaly want the Tuna and company to succeed but they are not realiizing that others who make bold moves are the ones that will get to the playoffs while ones who sit back are the exact ones who will be watching the playoffs .

If Ireland and company want to succeed they may have to change their thinking because other teams are going forward Miami is well, going in circles , sure we have improved but so have the jets and Bills .

if a fanbase wants a superbowl it will require more then a half *** aproach like this front office is doing.

Parcells is going a great job already, building a team and key players through the draft to really give a bright future to miami. I'm pretty sure Parcells knows what he's doing, he has quite the resume, but then again he might be wrong, because of your vast expertise of building an nfl team and leading one to a championship....:confused:

The Bills have improved?...Plus I still think miami will be the one atop of the division soon and for a while with the talent and foundation being placed so I don't care about the Jets

It's nice to dream but I would not mortgage the future of this team for one player.

Ask yourselves if we are really only one player (WR) away from being a superbowl contender?

Now ask yourselves if we wouldn't be better off using those 4-5 picks upgrading a defense that has given up something like 146 4th quarter points?

I would take the defensive picks.

Back
Top Bottom