Calvin Pace Signed??? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Calvin Pace Signed???

or we could keep JT and use a rotation system, or use him as a situation player. imagine a fresh JT coming in on passing downs....oh boy!!

If we sign him, that still hasn't been confirmed.

I don't think that he'll be moved inside, I think Porter is the candidate if we bring Pace in. I think this all leads up to JT being dealt closer to the draft. We would potentially have Pace and Long on the outside and Porter and Crowder on the inside.

bender2-1.jpg

You still think we will take Chris Long if we get Pace??? If so, why?

Adam on NFL network just said Pace is still down in Miami trying to finalize the deal FYI

he will help our team in RUN and pash TREMENDOUSLY

You still think we will take Chris Long if we get Pace??? If so, why?
Yeah I do, he is the best value at #1 and JT/Porter won't be around for the long haul, maybe another 2 or 3 years if we stand pat. If we sign Pace and don't do anything else this offseason, Porter is going to be playing ILB because JT is not going to be playing DE in the 3/4 and I don't see Porter being a backup. But I think this is all leading up to moving JT at some point before the draft. With JT gone, that would free up a spot for Pace (who can play either side) and Long (who you build around for the future). If we keep JT for a year, then you can move Long back and forth between DE and OLB to work him into the defense, but you don't want to leave him at DE because he'll wear down.

Even if we don't grab Long, I still don't see the Phin wasting the pick on Ryan. There is still the option of trading down and the possibility that Parcells is one of the few people that believes that Jake Long can be a legit starting LT.

Free agent LB Calvin Pace is reportedly looking for "Joey Porter money."

He should probably be looking for more. Pace has been in deep contract talks with the Dolphins, but his asking price is reportedly slowing them down. The old regime in Miami gave Porter a five-year, $32 million deal last March.

I say we give it to him, give guys that play good what they deserve, that is like giving Randy Moss 3 mil a year because you don't want to pay him. It would be a great signing if it happens and I hope it happens. BTW people saying JT will be out the door is wrong because he said on 790 the ticket he is staying in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom