Calvin Pace Update | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Calvin Pace Update

It's not so much about cap consequences, its about the fact that it's hard to put high dollar players in a reserve role or the bench. When you pay players that kind of money, they tend to stay on the field ... whether they're the best man for the job or not.

Pace's "breakout year" this year was 6.5 sacks ... 2.5 of those came in one game against the Lions. The Lions gave up more sacks than anyone in the NFL. They had a horrible Jeff Backus at left tackle, who was abused by everyone, and a year-long revolving door at right tackle. Pace had 4 sacks the remaining 15 games. He should have been paid as a borderline starter/reserve, not a superstar. Now they have to play him like every down player and settle for mediocrity from a key position in the 3-4 for the next three to four years.

I wanted him but not at that price for a guy who wasnt top rated. Chris Long pick is looking big at this moment.

Look. Pace had a good, not great, season last year, 22 million guaranteed is too much.

The Jets, like has been their norm since 1969, continue to be clueless.

Jenkins is a classic lazy player who only plays once in a while.

These are the types of reasons the Jets have the distinction displayed in my signature.

Right. One pretty good -- not exactly great -- year in a CONTRACT year, does not deserve anywhere close to that money. No way. believe me, I wanted him. But this is actually a blessing in disguise.

Lets hope he has a Joey Porter year.......

Jenkins is dominant at times and when he is healthy. With the addition of Pace definitely should help the Jets, but 22m guaranteed is too much. I thought the Dolphins offering 20m was nuts. He's a good not great player though, definitely not worth that kind of $

Nah not really not the way that the cap is going up every year.

These are good signings for them

Pace got paid, guess what that happens to young talents in FA.

One signing they did go overboard was the Faneca Deal IMO

It will catch up to them, just like the cap is going up so are the players salaries especially with rookies that are high picks. Whoever they sign at 7 will be looking for 15 mil guaranteed range, that will be over $70 mil spend in one offseason.

WOOHOO!!! YEAH!!! The Jets way overpaid for him!! Hilarious!! I am so happy, I can't believe the Jets paid that much for him and I am so glad we didn't. I hope he makes the Jets look stupid. I can just see it now....Eric Mangini standing on the sidelines yelling "Hey, get out of there!! Panda jerk!!! You're making me look stupid!!

dont get me wrong pace had a good year last year but his stats last year are not good enough to spend that kinda money on him. hes not worth that kinda risk. hes with jets....oh well. no sweat off my back. lets just put this behind us and focus on the matter at hand. nothing complaining or moaning is going to do to fix that he signed with them. the jets are not a big threat anyhow. they have a qb that still cant help but get injured every season.....they got jenkins from the panthers who as well is over paid...hes a beast when hes healthy but hes takes a regular vacation to injured reserve. pace isnt worth 20 mil at all. the only reason he was going to get that is because he was the best aviable in the free agency at this time. not because hes that good.

All the jets have done is overpay this offseason. faneca is a great runblocker, but average pass blocker. i wouldn't exactly call him one of the all-round best linemen in the game, but he's being paid like it. They overpaid for jenkins, big time. and I'm actually astonished what they gave Pace. I wouldn't be suprised if they have damian woody 4 or 5 mill a year -- who was a complete as a big FA signing flop in Det.

Maybe, just maybe you could justify that strategy if you're like the Packers, jags, or cowboys, where you feel you're a few impact players away

Look. Pace had a good, not great, season last year, 22 million guaranteed is too much.

The Jets, like has been their norm since 1969, continue to be clueless.

Jenkins is a classic lazy player who only plays once in a while.

These are the types of reasons the Jets have the distinction displayed in my signature.

We are clueless yet are a year removed from 10 wins and a playoff berth while that team in Miami w/ a clue hasn't even competed for a playoff berth since '02, hasn't made the playoffs since '01 and hasn't won a playoff game since '00. :lol:

Parcells makes Jets pay through the nose for one year wonder. Parcells magic people, magic.
Now the games begin at RB...OL are commonly found in later rounds, but McFadden is the bait...let the games begin!

Back
Top Bottom