Calvin Pace Update | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Calvin Pace Update

Tannenbaum is a cap genius, and worked his *** off the past few years getting the Jets cap in order. I wouldn't hold out too much hope that the Jets cap is being screwed over by these signings.

:err::up:
I just called my buddy and told him to get a message to Pace and tell him MIami said F*&^K um!!
This situation reminds me of Damion Woody a few years ago. Came here loved the miami area, was wined and dined by Wanye H., we gave him a really good offer and he up and leaves for chicago without signing a contract.Then winds up signing there instead. It's all about the money now days. I like others on this board are just wondering where the jests are getting all this money to sign everyone? And D. Woody supposed to sign for 20 mill as well? Humm...At least it looks like JT is going to stay and that still pumps me up.We'll see how it all plays out after the draft.:err:

Woody just signed for 25 mill, and look im sorry but the money they threw at Pace it is sick for a guy that before this season was 1st round bust. Wish him the best can wait to kick his *** on Sundays.

I never said I wanted him. He would be ok but not for 22 mill guaranteed with a 20 mill signing bonus. That is insane money. I was against porter getting 20 mill guaranteed but at least he had a record as a probowler. Pace Hosed us by using us to get more money. That's more than enough reason to hate the guy. Don't tell me how I should feel about some homer jerk talking us up getting our some peoples hopes up and then signing with one of our arch rivals. The Jets suck suck suck. They will regret this when they are in salary cap hell. It's clear Mangini wants to win now.

Got this from Stefin's post and off of PFT. ......

"One league source expressed to us in the wake of the signings of Woody, Calvin Pace, and Alan Faneca and the trade and new contract for defensive tackle Kris Jenkins that these moves smack of desperation by a coaching staff and a front office that fear a rash of pink slips if the green and white don't win a lot of games in 2008."

I never said I wanted him. He would be ok but not for 22 mill guaranteed with a 20 mill signing bonus. That is insane money. I was against porter getting 20 mill guaranteed but at least he had a record as a probowler. Pace Hosed us by using us to get more money. That's more than enough reason to hate the guy. Don't tell me how I should feel about some homer jerk talking us up getting our some peoples hopes up and then signing with one of our arch rivals. The Jets suck suck suck. They will regret this when they are in salary cap hell. It's clear Mangini wants to win now.

Thats one way to look ast it, OR you could say we hosed the jets because we made them overpay!

Thank goodness we didn't spend that much. Maybe if he had TWO good years it would be worth it.

The guy was rated the #3 best LB this free agency by The Sporting News, so paying him like he was far and away the best is risking too much on potential.

Also, toss in the money the Jets spent on that helicopter ride! ;)

Just read this. Wow. I'm disappointed, but they can have have him for that money. That contract is wayy bigger than Briggs', and the latter is a far more proven LB. With their recent contracts, the Jets are trying to win in the next two years. good luck. I'm not sure how they'll do that considering their Qbs and mediocre Rbs. I read a comment somewhere that all this actually pays off for the phins in the long-term. I agree. If the jets can't do anything with these players in the next couple years, they're simply F'ed long-term. We've seen this time and time again in the NFL ('94 fins and a handful of Skins teams come to mind). If it pays off quickly, great, if not, well, then, the Jets could be where we are now in a few years -- easy.

Look. Pace had a good, not great, season last year, 22 million guaranteed is too much.

The Jets, like has been their norm since 1969, continue to be clueless.

Jenkins is a classic lazy player who only plays once in a while.

These are the types of reasons the Jets have the distinction displayed in my signature.

Thank God The Tuna Doesn't Over Pay!!!!
Wanny Would Have Gave Him 40 Mill As A Signing Bonus Then Somehow Give Arizona Draft Picks For A Free Agent

If we had signed Pace we were overpaying also.

dont get me wrong pace had a good year last year but his stats last year are not good enough to spend that kinda money on him. hes not worth that kinda risk. hes with jets....oh well. no sweat off my back. lets just put this behind us and focus on the matter at hand. nothing complaining or moaning is going to do to fix that he signed with them. the jets are not a big threat anyhow. they have a qb that still cant help but get injured every season.....they got jenkins from the panthers who as well is over paid...hes a beast when hes healthy but hes takes a regular vacation to injured reserve. pace isnt worth 20 mil at all. the only reason he was going to get that is because he was the best aviable in the free agency at this time. not because hes that good.

I don't know. That deal you gave Jenkins and the player you are already overpaying you are getting awful close. Looks like you guys are trying to load up for a 1 year run IMO.

Jenkins got $9 mil guaranteed NOT $20 mil.

Back
Top Bottom