Calvin Pace Update | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Calvin Pace Update

One of the highest paid LB's in NFL history???!!! HA!! HA!! I hope he doesn't prove me worng but man right now it's funny to me. Thats like Ray Lewis money.

All the jets have done is overpay this offseason. faneca is a great runblocker, but average pass blocker. i wouldn't exactly call him one of the all-round best linemen in the game, but he's being paid like it. They overpaid for jenkins, big time. and I'm actually astonished what they gave Pace. I wouldn't be suprised if they have damian woody 4 or 5 mill a year -- who was a complete as a big FA signing flop in Det.

Maybe, just maybe you could justify that strategy if you're like the Packers, jags, or cowboys, where you feel you're a few impact players away

Faneca is an elite G, Woody is an upgrade. Our Ol goes from being a major weakness to a major strength.

On D we got the space eater we needed in the middle, we pair Pace w/ a big time young ILB in david Harris, we have a shutdown corner and a top S. If we get decent QB play this year we'll win double digit games again.

How did the Jets overpay for jenkins big time? He got $9.5 mil guaranteed. That's very little in the World of the NFL.

We are clueless yet are a year removed from 10 wins and a playoff berth while that team in Miami w/ a clue hasn't even competed for a playoff berth since '02, hasn't made the playoffs since '01 and hasn't won a playoff game since '00. :lol:

...so you've reduced to bragging about 1 playoff in nearly a decade and "competing for a playoff berth 6 years ago. wow, I'm glad you set such a high standard for your team. But considering the jets history making the playoffs in the last 30 years I guess you could be forgiven for aiming so low...

We are clueless yet are a year removed from 10 wins and a playoff berth while that team in Miami w/ a clue hasn't even competed for a playoff berth since '02, hasn't made the playoffs since '01 and hasn't won a playoff game since '00. :lol:

Could have sworn we went 9-7 with Satan at the helm a couple years ago and competed for a playoff birth by reeling off six straight wins to end the regular season.

Parcells makes Jets pay through the nose for one year wonder. Parcells magic people, magic.
Now the games begin at RB...OL are commonly found in later rounds, but McFadden is the bait...let the games begin!

There's no scuh thing as Parcells magic when he's a GM. He is turning over chairs in his office right now losing out on Pace.

Could have sworn we went 9-7 with Satan at the helm a couple years ago and competed for a playoff birth by reeling off six straight wins to end the regular season.

You went 9-7 but you were never in the playoff race.

...so you've reduced to bragging about 1 playoff in nearly a decade and "competing for a playoff berth 6 years ago. wow, I'm glad you set such a high standard for your team. But considering the jets history making the playoffs in the last 30 years I guess you could be forgiven for aiming so low...

I am not bargging about anything(and we've been to the playoffs THREE times since your last trip), I am merely bringing you guys back to reality when you make fun of the Jets.

Faneca is an elite G, Woody is an upgrade. Our Ol goes from being a major weakness to a major strength.

On D we got the space eater we needed in the middle, we pair Pace w/ a big time young ILB in david Harris, we have a shutdown corner and a top S. If we get decent QB play this year we'll win double digit games again.

How did the Jets overpay for jenkins big time? He got $9.5 mil guaranteed. That's very little in the World of the NFL.

faneca is an elite runblocker, let's just leave it at that. I hope you like that contract in two years when he's 34 and you're still a 7-win team. You ovverpaid for both him and pace -- bigtime.

Maybe, just maybe you could justify that strategy if you're like the Packers, jags, or cowboys, where you feel you're a few impact players away
Which the Jets most certainly are not. They are almost as bad as us and thats a real harsh insult right now.

The jets pay way to much money for him....We have more holes to fill jets was just in the playoffs a few years ago they are in better shape than us...I wish we could have signed him but not for that much..NO LETS GO GET SOME GEMS FROM THE DRAFT!!!!!!!

Very true, but remember, 3 plays that are different for us last season and we are right there with you at 1-15!
You guys just had a share of bad luck, we we're just embarrassing. I picked the Jets to make the Wild Card last season. A solid line with D'Brick and Mangold that got even better with Faneca, and your quarterback play was pretty bad with Chad but Clemens looked good and has a future.

Now you guys made some solid signings. I mean, IMO, as disgusting as it sounds to me, if Clemens can come out strong and solid, it may not be too crazy to think of the Jets as contenders.

Wait why is there even a Jets fan allowed in here?? Where are the moderators at?? He needs to be removed immediately. But hey at least he will probably agree with ut on one thing....Pats fans are the worst.

I just can't see paying a $20M signing bonus to a linebacker who isn't named Ray Lewis or Shawn Merriman.

We could have used Pace, but if you pay filet mignon prices for ground chuck you'll end up broke in a hurry.

Mangini probably thinks he has to make the playoffs this year to keep his job, so he's being overly aggressive and overpaying for guys to make sure he gets there IMO.

You guys just gave Damion Woody 11 mill gauranteed and 25.5 overall.:sidelol:

25.5 mil is meaningless, it's the guaranteed # that is important and 11 mil is not overpaying for a quality OL. it's basically the same deal you paid for Smiley.

Back
Top Bottom