Cam Smith situation explained? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Smith situation explained?

I'm calling bullsh*t here. We started Eathan Fuc***g Bonner a undrafted free agent over our second round pick? There's a problem here. Can Smith not understand the defensive position he's supposed to play? Is his technique that bad? WTF is going on here? Did he piss the Godfather off?
Iggy’s revenge. “Hey y’all, busts come in ALL rounds.”

Kader? Yikes! I wasn’t as high on him as some were based off the previous year. He got picked on the entire season.

Hope they give the Bonner(sp?) kid a real shot in the offseason.

Who the heck know with Cam?
Thank Grier’s kid for the heads up to CG.

Two things really bothered me with him.

1) He rarely seem to use his hands to disrupt the receivers timing etc. He much rather just run with the player which brings

2) How many times did he jog along with the receiver gaining yards before he realizes I shout probably try to tackle or push this player out of bounds instead of allowing them to gain more yards?

Thank Grier’s kid for the heads up to CG.
For real? Griers son is a scout?

Honestly...

I think Cam Smith and Bonner will have a camp war to win that spot. Remember... despite going undrafted, a LOT of draft scouts thought Bonner had a real shot to make it in the NFL. We gave him a big signing bonus (for an UDFA) to get him to sign with us... and he looked pretty good in limited action.
Smith has a better athletic profile though, and if the light comes on... look out, a lot of folks thought he might creep into the first round.

Ramsey is clearly our CB1, and Kohou is a talented slot corner, (just not fit for boundary work). I think we'll be better than some here believe. If Needham returns to the team, and to his pre-Achillese injury form, he'll press Kohou for that spot.

I think we've got enough at CB, and other than another late-round project (which we should do EVERY year), I think we'll be okay. Fine, even.
The Cam Smith situation is really puzzling. He was flashing all through training camp and even in the preseason games, and then all of a sudden he disappeared when the season started. He looked so promising. I just don’t get it.

The Cam Smith situation is really puzzling. He was flashing all through training camp and even in the preseason games, and then all of a sudden he disappeared when the season started. He looked so promising. I just don’t get it.
Yup... it's a tough read.

There is the possibility that the team is just showing him tough love... or even that Fangio is playing mind games with a young player.

The physical talent is there... I'm certainly not writing him off. I saw this board and Austin Jackson.

Well its awesome he had a great talk with Mike. Probably got a participation trophy and a piece of candy.

The entire FO needs to be blown up if they're picking guys that suck worse than the vets getting torched every week.

When judging Needham... remember his career trajectory.
After his first year, all of the board loudmouths were screaming, "CUT HIM"... Then in his second year, he was markedly better.
The board loud-mouths screamed... he's just a guy... replace him!!!
And again... Needham got better. Indeed, a lot better and most of us wondered if he'd leave as a FA.
Remember this?

But then... he tore his Achilles... and a lot of players are never the same after this. Those that are... sometimes take two full years to get back to where they were.

He is (or was) a scrappy slot corner who wasn't suited to boundary work. He may be better next year... may.

Which brings us to Phillips.... ugh.
Why do injured players who can’t play count against the salary cap?

Back
Top Bottom