Cam Wake By The Numbers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Wake By The Numbers

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
There are some who think Cam is about ready to be replaced, and did not have a VG year by his standards. A closer look.

In 2013, Cam was ranked #3 of all NFL 4-3 DE's. He played 694 snaps with 393 coming on the pass rush. Wake had 10 sacks, 20 hits, and 41 hurries, a rate of 14% pressure. He had 3 bad games vs Indy, Atlanta, and Buff.

Last year, Cam was ranked #1 of all NFl 4-3 DE's. He played 768 snaps, with 427 coming on the pass rush. Wake had 12 sacks, 14 hits, and 39 hurries, a rate of 12% pressure. He had 1 bad game vs Buff,

He is aging but, very likely in better condition than over 90% of NFL players. I'm thinking/hoping that he can give us 2 more VG years, especially now with Suh on board.

Opinions?

Wake is still an elite player, no doubt. Consummate professional. I am very excited to see him paired with Suh this year and expecting big things.

Wake is one of my role models, the guy just comes to work day in and day out in order to perfect his craft. You never hear any complaining or BS, he just wants to improve himself. We are damn lucky to have him, and my hope is that he can retire a Fin.

i think hes got at least 2 more pro bowl type years in him before he slows down, so im not worried

we definately have a "window". Smartly however this FO builds nice early outs on underperforming or aging players.

Best pickup for fins in a long time not just on the field play but the way he goes about football, he isn't a money hungry player, he is just happy earning a paycheck and playing in the nfl

I think anyone who watched the games last year knows he can still play at a high level.

Wake turned 33 last Jan., and pass rushers have been very productive at 35. Add in the fact that he looks like he has been chiseled from stone, and has not had any injuries.

I was surprised to see that he played almost 80 snaps more this year. We can easily reduce some of his playing time to keep him fresh. I fully expect two more VG years from Cam, and to see him in our "Ring of Honor'"

This "old guy" may be kicking some ass this year with double and triple team being greatly reduced. I'm looking for around 15 sacks.

Wake's play this year, in addition to Fede and McCain at OLB/DE does have bearing on what we do with Vernon.

Wake's play this year, in addition to Fede and McCain at OLB/DE does have bearing on what we do with Vernon.

Why expect anything from a seventh round pick from a small school? The chances of him developing into anything worthwhile are astronomical.

Why expect anything from a seventh round pick from a small school? The chances of him developing into anything worthwhile are astronomical.
You say that in a thread about Cam Wake do you see the irony

I do not have more than expectations of potential on any player who has not played vs NFL competition.

How about Adewale Ogunleye?

You can name example after example of sixth and seventh round picks who went on to become good players, but that doesn't make it any less statistically abnormal.

I feel like this is common sense.

Back
Top Bottom