Camp Reports to Come Later This Afternoon | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Camp Reports to Come Later This Afternoon

5 dollars for a beer is ridiculous. You should bring your own next time, its a lot cheaper that way.

Thanks guys for the reports, I've been waiting all day to hear from you..? if Jay was able to throw these 20-25 yards passes, is that to say he had pretty good time in the pocket to throw the deep or was these in non rush drills..??? In the 11 on 11 did we have any good runs.??

We had some nifty Travis Minor runs in the 11 on 11, and I think Ricky gained one or two 4 yard type runs.

My bad on the screwups. I was thinking about the Minor play when I wrote about the Weaver catch but Muck's right it was Minor on that one that was freed up by Chambers. Weaver had made another catch that I had noted at about 20 yards which is why I think I got confused because they were about the same size.

I could have swore that it was Fiedler throwing that ball that got tipped up to Johnson. On the one hand with AJ in the game it'd make sense that Kustok was in rather than Jay, and on the other hand I'm reading reports from WQAM and the Herald that Jay was "erratic" so I'm thinking that they HAVE to be referring to more than just the one single play to Ronde Barber that Jay nearly threw an interception on yet thats the only one I can think of right now other than the Johnson tip drill. Probably was Kustok, which is why in general he's still in my doghouse.

Really disappointed I didn't get to see how Levcik sizes up against the Bucs D. I don't know if he played at all in the afternoon scrimmage. Perhaps they are saving him for the "free" practice tomorrow morning when scouts from other teams are no longer allowed to scout the game? Flights of fancy...as if we REALLY have to keep a tight lid on this undrafted rookie with the cannon arm...he'll make the roster anyway.

Whatever......

all I know is a :angry: beer cost 5 fu(king dollars, and I had to go to a little prison to smoke a :angry: cigarette. What's up with that? On top, it was 98 degrees+. Tell you what, I'll come down for the game and say hey to everybody, but I'll be DAMNED if I'm cookin for 3 hours. You see the game better on the screen anyways. Replays, the works. In the AC!:rocker: I sweat for sex, but I ain't sweatin for football, I'll watch it in a climate controlled environment. Call me a non-fan, but I'll be laughing while I'm holding my Dolphins helmet in my hand, in my dolphins chair, drinking a beer outta my dolphins mug, laughin' while you wait 3 days to get out of the parking lot. If you like it, hey go for it, I hope you like it, but if that's a game :angry: that :bling:. I got better :bling: to do than wait in line for 3 days to get back to my car, especially if my team loses. Party on brothas and sistas.......:rocker:

Its too bad you weren't around. We had a good time up there laughin and talkin dolphins football and stuff. Michelle's pretty cool. Turns out we're both in the FinHeaven yahoo fantasy league and I had proposed a trade to her tryin to pry Chris Chambers (which it turns out I would have to do from her cold dead fingers before she gives up her boy CC, lol). Definitely had some fun, had no idea where you were for 3 hours.

He he hee.... Beer at 8:30 a.m. Used to enjoy breakfast beers myself before the hangovers started to linger for 3 days.

AFTERNOON SESSION

For the afternoon session, I decided to check out the defense......which was playing over on "Field A". I got there early, but STILL couldn't get a seat in the stands......which, by the way, are covered and provide SHADE. :) So I wandered on over to the opposite side of the field and stood against the barrier, putting me at field level and pretty close to the action.

The Phins warmed up on a seperate field from the Bucs. And your "warm-up captains" were #96 David Bowens....#95 Tim Bowens....and #64 Larry Chester. Maybe it's because they played sparingly or not at all. Anyway, it was quiet and players were close by, which was cool.

But the highlight of the warmup period for me was saying hello to Dave Wannstedt as he entered a Porta-Potty to take a leak. Dave waves...Muck waves back....Dave goes inside....Muck smirks arrogantly at other onlookers. But my moment of joy was almost turned to horror when kicker Martin Grammatica nearly chose the same Porta-Potty 20 seconds later. Luckily he didn't and tragedy was averted.

On to business.....

When the teams hooked up, I had to choose between seeing 7-on-7 drills or watching the Oklahoma drills (because I was on field level). I chose Oklahoma. This time, the Bucs would line up a 5-man line, but only one man would engage the defensive lineman (unless there were two lineman....then two would engage). So it gave it a little flavor.

"OKLAHOMA": I can honestly say that our DL looked good all the way around here. Tim Bowens and Larry Chester did not participate. Nor did David Bowens. But Jason Taylor did. And boy let me tell you, Jason took starting LT Roman Oben to school (Kenyatta Walker has been moved to RT). Inside, outside.......it didn't matter. Whatever moves JT put on, they worked. Wherever he wanted to go, he went. He won every battle with Oben convincingly. And here I thought molestation was frowned upon in Florida. But it doesn't end there. When JT and Jermaine Haley (I believe...it was a DT) hooked up on the right side, they ran a stunt and JT totally blew by starting LG Kerry Jenkins. Nobody stopped JT today. He was THE MAN.

Wally O and Ernest Grant also proved to be a formidable duo. These two also looked good against starters Jenkins and Oben on the stunt, getting pressure and winning the battle.

Henry Taylor made me take notice when he bull-rushed starting RG Cosey Coleman into the backfield. Even 3rd string DT Dario Romero got into the act, knocking down 6'5" 339 lb RT Jerry Wunsch. Romero also beat Wunsch often.

Jay Williams was decent against Kenyatta Walker. He won a battle with an inside move. But that was pretty much it. As a whole, our participating DL did very well in Oklahoma drills.

I watched a little bit of 7-on-7's. They really didn't get much on us. A few nice plays, but nothing outstanding. Lots of short stuff. But again, I didn't see who caught those "nice" passes.....and who they came against. So maybe somebody else here did.

2-MINUTE DRILL/11-on-11's: I'll start by saying that Larry Chester and Tim Bowens only saw about one series. They were then replaced in the starting lineup by Jermaine Haley and Ernest Grant (I believe, can't remember now). Anyway, they started with the 2-Minute Drill. And on the first play from scrimmage, Jason Taylor sacked Brad Johnson....beating Roman Oben (is there a THEME in the house??). Yes, we got good pressure on the Bucs QBs. And the 2nd team DL dominated the line of scrimmage and also got a good pass rush. The Bucs then combated this with a nice shovel pass to speedy Travis Stephens that got a good gain. A few plays later (at the start of standard 11-on11's), they tried it again. This time it was Stephens was met and burried in the backfield. As 11-on-11's went on, our 2nd and 3rd teamers pass rush got weaker. But you can draw your own conclusions there. And coverage was solid all the way around.

And speaking of coverage, in the entire 2-minute drill and standard 11-on-11's, the Bucs only completed TWO passes of over 10 yards....both going to Keenan McCardell. And both came against safeties. One was a nice deep out for about 15 yards in front of the safety. The other came when Rob Johnson left the pocket (he was under pressure virtually every down) and threw a nice pass over the head of Brock Marion. McCardell got a hand on it, dove, bobbled the ball and finally secured it on his back.

THAT'S ALL.

Jamar Fletcher was solid from what I saw. He was predominantly matched up with Keyshawn Johnson and held him down. There was one play where the QB stood back for about 4 seconds and tried to deliver a passs to Keyshawn over the middle. Jamar not only broke it up, but the secondary players and Mel Phillips both were pleading for offensive pas interference. Keyshawn also had no fun with Sam Madison, who played the role of David Copperfield and made KJ.....DISAPPEAR!!!!

Didn't get to see much of Surtain. But I do know that in those full-personel drills, nobody completed a pass against him (duh).

NOTES:

- I didn't see Arturo Freeman out there today. #22 Shawn Wooden was your starting SS.

- If today's lineups were any indication of a depth chart, then Scott McGarrahan is ahead of Trent Gamble at safety. There could be a million reasons why McGarrahan was on second team instead of Gamble. But McGarrahan did have a good day. Scott came up with a nice pass breakup against #4 Marquis Walker.

- Omare Lowe was your #4 CB.

- Jon Gruden is one of the most intense coaches I've ever seen. He's a stark contrast from Dave, who observes and doesn't say much on the field. Gruden is like a drill sargeant He's right in the middle of things, screaming at the top of his lungs. I got a chuckle during the two-minute drill when Gruden was screaming orders to, "KILL THE F*CKING BALL!!!" over and over again. lol. Everybody who heard it just looked at each other and grinned. I love the guy. He's a great coach.

- Jim Bates was also very involved with his defense. Especially his defensive lineman. While he didn't operate at Gruden's level of intensity, he still drew the attention of the Bucs fans around me. I had seen him before, but had forgotten how vocal he was.

.....And finally, I had my usual run-in with the Rosenhaus boys today. It doesn't matter where I go. If I don't end up sitting next to them in the stands.........those pricks always walk out in front of my car in the parking lot. It's just the weirdest thing. This time, however, each brother had a beautiful blonde on their arm. We all know that Jason is to Drew as Bud Light is to Budweiser. And true to form, Jason's girl was just a notch or two below Drew's......who by the way was SPECTACULAR in a white see-thru dress (yes, Muck followed them in. :p....and yes, it was SEE THRU). I don't know if this has anything to do with anything. Just thought I'd share. ;)

Any questions or comments are welcomed. Hopefully this was helpful. I did the best I could from where I was standing. Have a good night all.....

MUCK

Also, I'd like to point out that we had a BUFFALO BILLS fan make an appearence. He had on a #7 Flutie jersey. We said acknowledged him ("lol....Look, a Bills fan") and said hello. i swear he must have thought we were gonna kick his ass or something because he just looked at us with this weird expressions and then turned away.

BTW - he sat in the corner.

Good report Muck..Seems like the coaches are going to have a hard time making decisions this year..Does anybody know why Spriggs hasn't been practicing..JT looks like he will have a break out year..and it's great to hear positive things about Flecther,,even though we don't know what he did in the morning practice..he usually has one good one, one bad one..I wonder did you just see him on the good one.?

I think that Spriggs just isn't healthy yet.

Good to hear some encouraging info on Fletch. Maybe he'll grow into the position before the season starts.

I'd just like to add that Vader was sitting in the bleacher section. And he said that he saw Freeman make a nice INT in the Red Zone Drill.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Its too bad you weren't aroundDefinitely had some fun, had no idea where you were for 3 hours.
I was tryin to find out how sittin in 90 degree heat was fun. Plus enjoying a smoke in a cave that they give you is no fun either. Going to games must suck ass, cause I sure as hell didn't like that ****. Hey, let's bake all day, wait in traffic for 3 hours and then MAYBE get back to your car...I'm sure you guys are cool, but Fu(k that.:cool:

But that attitude is why the Dolphins playoff games aren't sold out and people think that finfans suck...Look at Buffalo and greenbay,,they freeze their behinds off to support their team..At least Miami has better weather..especially at playoff time..

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
But that attitude is why the Dolphins playoff games aren't sold out and people think that finfans suck...Look at Buffalo and greenbay,,they freeze their behinds off to support their team..At least Miami has better weather..especially at playoff time..
Dude, you live in Maryland! What the hell are you talkin about? Come down here and cook for a few hours and we'll see if you can handle it. I'm sure it's WAY humid hot up in Maryland.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom