Can dolphins compete for playoff spot? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can dolphins compete for playoff spot?

THE MIGHTY FINS WILL KICK SOME @SS THIS YEAR!

There is no "If's, and's or..."but's" about it!

(of course, maybe that's because I've had a little bit too much wine.) :D

10-6 is where we will be. The rest of the team in the AFC east have not improved that much where we have dramatically... We'll see...

Boik14 said:
We'll go as far as our Qb's can take us. Thats our biggest weakness right now. Everywhere else I see a pretty darn good football team. We're basucally the same team as in 03 minus wanny, jay, that awful OL, Surt and Ogun and having added Ronnie + this years draft, Frerotte, AJ, and more OL talent for Houck to mold + a much better coaching staff. I think we could do 10-6 or so if all the bounces fall right and our qbs play well but I think 8-8 or 9-7 is more likely

I agree we go as far as our QB takes up. We have the WR's if he can complete the passes, and our oline is going to be better coached which equals more time and hopefully bigger running areas. Its all up to Aj or Gus :rolleyes: I hope one could pull a miracle; then playoffs...Most certainly

i see us going 10-6...upgrades at the following:(1) coaching, (2) running back, (3) offensive line, (4) defensive end, (5) linebacker, (6) quarterback and (7) wide receiver...downgrades at (1) cornerback (2) safety? and (3) defensive tackle and even on special teams...

All depends on our QB. I have faith in Houck to make our O-Line halfway decent.

It took Houck a couple of years to get the right players/production out of SD's line. We also have new coordinators with new systems on offense and defense and new position coaches pretty much across the board. We have 3 unproven QBs (4 if you count berlin), a rookie running back being backed up by a flake who could get suspended or quit at any moment, questions at DT, FS, CB, and of course the aforementioned offensive line.
We will have to overcome ALL these questions in order to get to the playoffs.
While it is possible that everything will come together immediately, it just isnt likely. I think things will start rough for us as the players will still be in the "learning phase" but by mid season we will be hitting on all 8 cylinders. Final record somewhere around 7-9 to 9-7. No playoffs this year, but next year WATCH OUT.

Our schedule looks brutal...I dunno...I hope & pray that we make the playoffs!

Yes we will compete. Whether or not we get in....I don't know. I think we got a good shot at a wildcard despite having the toughest schedule this year and if things go our way a bit....then who knows how far...

jbond said:
Yes we will compete. Whether or not we get in....I don't know. I think we got a good shot at a wildcard despite having the toughest schedule this year and if things go our way a bit....then who knows how far...

jbond, Are you coming to the Saints/ Fins game on Oct. 30th???

We can meet up, and I'll buy us a beer, or seven.

It would be great... PM me.

DD28. Go Fins.

Honestly, I don't think so as much as I would love to. Something may change in the next couple of months and if I do I'll give you a holler. I have too many things I'm juggling during this coming year and building a custom home so I have to make the most of my vacation days....lol. I was lucky enough to get a 4 day break last week and headed up to Atlanta to see some friends from Slidell that moved over to Hiram area. I just don't get too many "breaks" like that though without using vac time...(btw....i like the "seven" part, lol).

jbond said:
Honestly, I don't think so as much as I would love to. Something may change in the next couple of months and if I do I'll give you a holler. I have too many things I'm juggling during this coming year and building a custom home so I have to make the most of my vacation days....lol. I was lucky enough to get a 4 day break last week and headed up to Atlanta to see some friends from Slidell that moved over to Hiram area. I just don't get too many "breaks" like that though without using vac time...(btw....i like the "seven" part, lol).

well, good luck to ya, buddy.

I'm partial to my N.O. fellas. Especially the ones who are Dolphins fans.

It would be so much fun if we could meet up for the game. If you just change your mind, you just let me know.

DD28.

I understand. We (wife and I) made a bunch of great friends the couple of years we lived there....and 80% were phins fans. If anything changes as the time gets closer (I'll be checking ebay for tickets as usual) I'll get in touch so we can meet up. Until then....cheers...

Back
Top Bottom