Can Fins Surprise the NFL?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Fins Surprise the NFL??

I think Gus will start instead of A.J. and then we draft a QB in the upcoming draft

I see the Phins going 9-7. Contending for the playoff this season is really hard to believe. Don't forget, these guys have an entirely new system to learn and master, plus with a new coach like Saban2005 mentioned........I just don't see the playoffs this year.

I HOPE we can go far this year. I don't think it's out of the realm of reality. We had a lot of talent last year and then a lot of misfortune and horrible coaching and still we were in most games. Take away all of AJ's TD's to other teams and we held our own.
Now we have potentially more talent and definately stellar coaching, so anything is possible. Expect the worst and hope for the best. But I don't think it's impossible for uss to be playoff contenders.

I don't care...I just wanna be drunk and cooking up some Argentinian Sausage waiting for the game already.

I got a feeling that we'll win only about 8 games next year. We're getting really old on "D" and our offense still has big ol holes to fill...especially at QB if Feely proves Spielman wrong. I'm grateful we got Saban because we were headed towards a Bengals/old Bucs type of franchise. We would have eventuall sucked on offense and defense...so I'm just grateful to have a competent guy running the franchise...it's been too long.

Take a break on the AJ bashing...please. The dude was throw to the wolves mid season only after the loser who was the coach finally quit.

Lets give the guy a full season to show that he can mature and lead the team..or not. After one season we will know enough to make a reasonable call. Those who are bashing him right now either dont know football or are just closet Wanny huggers.... :roflmao:

OK..that was uncalled for....... :escape:

"All that is true, but a first year coach with a team? I find it unlikely the fins will have a good season in sabans first season. I wish everyone would calm down, my expectations is to top 4 wins I expect to do better every year, by the 3rd year I expect to be competing for the super bowl."

Not much of a Dolphins fan if you think so negatively. You should stop telling people to calm down and start being positive and get a little excited about this year. I think we were better than our season last year suggested and with the acquisitions in coaching and player personnel, I believe we will have an excellent chance and being competitive. So how about you calm down on the negative aspects that you are so willing to dish out. :shakeno:

Call me foolish (and I know some will), but I go into every season expecting to win the Super Bowl. I feel that every team has a decent shot at winning the Bowl. Some are hamstrung more then others (see Wanny), but in this sport, alot can happen on Sundays.

The afc east has a lot of question marks with each team.
Wild Card is def possible, from there anything can happen.

nick19991 said:
it wasn't fully the QBs fault since our o-line didn't give him much time plus the fact that everybody knew we had to pass the ball with the lack of a good RB

i agree

Well...Let's count how many playoff bound teams in the AFC there are...

1. Patriots
2. Colts
3. Steelers (if they can pull it off again..they may be a 1 year wonder)
4. Chargers (unless they were a 1 year wonder as well)
5. Jets?? (hate to even give em any chance but they may be in.
6. KC?? (if theyr'e D gets it together with all these new FA's they can be dangerous!)
7. Baltimore, Denver, Jags??? (I dunno..)
8. ?????????????

BringBackShula said:
Well...Let's count how many playoff bound teams in the AFC there are...

1. Patriots
2. Colts
3. Steelers (if they can pull it off again..they may be a 1 year wonder)
4. Chargers (unless they were a 1 year wonder as well)
5. Jets?? (hate to even give em any chance but they may be in.
6. KC?? (if theyr'e D gets it together with all these new FA's they can be dangerous!)
7. Baltimore, Denver, Jags??? (I dunno..)
8. ?????????????

Don't count the Pats as being that good again. They lost both coordinators. Belichek cannot coach every posistion himself.
The Jets have no chance.
The Chargers were a one hit wonder
No way on the Chiefs, Oakland has a better chance.
I could see us taking one wild card spot.

BringBackShula said:
Alright.. a few years ago..The Carolina Panthers had a filthy 1-15 season. I believe it was the following year that they went to the Super Bowl against New England? Someone correct me if I'm wrong..If it wasn't following that 1-15 year, it was following something like a 4-12 season where they came out and just beat everybody at the end of the season..Too bad they didnt' beat the Pats...Anyway..How bout them fins Surprising EVERYBODY (including me) and whooping some @$$ to get into the playoffs and go deep?
We'll have to face every single football game is a battle of 11 versus 11 each instant. So if there's good strategy there's opportunity to win.
16 games to win at least 11 in order to have play off chances.
And then play off games, where you must win or be out.
If Saban improves in setting his team's strategy, he has a chance to be in Superbowl, but also 31 other teams search the same. Mostly real chances will be growing during season.

mfja9977 said:
Don't count the Pats as being that good again. They lost both coordinators. Belichek cannot coach every posistion himself.
The Jets have no chance.
The Chargers were a one hit wonder
No way on the Chiefs, Oakland has a better chance.
I could see us taking one wild card spot.

Maybe the Pats won't be the #1 seed, but they're DEFINATLY in. Bellichek can handle what he's got. I'm pretty sure they won't be as good though. THe Chiefs have pretty much the #1 offense or 2. It's all on they're D. Chargers I agree most likely were a 1 year wonder. Jets I'm not too sure about. You may be right..We may steal a spot.

Back
Top Bottom