Can Fins Surprise the NFL?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Fins Surprise the NFL??

mfja9977 said:
Don't count the Pats as being that good again. They lost both coordinators. Belichek cannot coach every posistion himself.

I agree.

Pats will slip to 13-3 or 12-4.

Our success depends on 3 things in the following order:

1. Our offensive line
2. The team's ability to learn a new system (offense and defense)
3. Health

If these three elements come together right, the Dolphins could be a very dangerous team this year and will most definitely surprise the rest of the league. If any one of these doesn't come together this season, breaking even will be an admirable accomplishment. Remember, this is the AFC East...which I firmly believe to be the toughest division in the NFL, so while these three things would lead to a huge surprise this season, it doesn't necessarily mean a playoff birth. Furthermore, if we wish to be a successful playoff/Superbowl team, we will also have to add a better than workman-like QB to the list above.

I think 6-7 wins is realistic this year. This is Saban's first year as our head coach and he has yet to get all of his type of players in. Give him 2-3 more drafts to work with and this team will be nasty.

2 or 3?? yikes. I don't like the sound of that. I think by next year, we should be fully expected to compete for the post season. This year, i think we have a chance, but not expected.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
He stunk and paniced more then once. He needs to step it up big time or Gus will be the QB!

Feeley made Jay look like an All- Pro!

You better hope Gus is not the QB

3 year plans dont work in the modern NFL..Look at Buffalo they have had a 3 year plan to get to the playoffs for 6 years now!!

The truth is by the time 3 years passes the positions we were trying to strenghten RB,QB,O-Line someone leaves or retires or QUITS!!
Then we have to start over again!!

We better of be ready by the end of this year going into next or im afraid
Buffalo itis may hit us-- just a thought!!
Were not that far from turning it around, but we wont have 3 years to do it.:cooldude:

BringBackShula said:
Well...Let's count how many playoff bound teams in the AFC there are...

1. Patriots
2. Colts
3. Steelers (if they can pull it off again..they may be a 1 year wonder)
4. Chargers (unless they were a 1 year wonder as well)
5. Jets?? (hate to even give em any chance but they may be in.
6. KC?? (if theyr'e D gets it together with all these new FA's they can be dangerous!)
7. Baltimore, Denver, Jags??? (I dunno..)
8. ?????????????
I think that's a very good list. I think the Steelers will fall and probably not win division (Baltimore). The AFC West is going to be insane because I consider KC, SD, and Denver all possibly playoff teams, and the scary thing is I don't see Oakland that far behind. I think the only shot we have at making playoffs is if we steal division. Pats will finally start losing some games for a change, hopefully Losman will be the collapse of Buffalo, and hopefully Pennington gets injured again and it's up to Fiedler to carry them to playoffs. I think we have a legitimate chance at division, if not we'll fall a few games short of playoffs.

BBsuck said:
3 year plans dont work in the modern NFL..Look at Buffalo they have had a 3 year plan to get to the playoffs for 6 years now!!
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

:billsbite

Well what we hope for isn't always what expect.

I'm hoping for a playoff season, but I expect to just miss the playoffs with 8 or 9 wins.

Next year I'm expecting a playoff season though. I'm looking forward to home field advantage in the SB! ;)

SkapePhin said:
The Panthers went 7-9 following the 1-15 year.

Well since we went 4-12 and not 1-15, we should be able to go 10-6 this year right?

Come on throw me a friggin' bone here. :D

A positive yet realistic scenario would be for the Dolphins to go through some growing pains in the beginning of the season, only to estabish a foundation for 2006 with a strong finish. At this time in the offseason, I see the Fins optimistically as an 8-8 team.

I'm hoping for 8-8(we should have a really tough schedule, and we have new systems to learn), anything more would be fantastic though.

Back
Top Bottom