Can we cross Miami off the moving to LA rumor list? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can we cross Miami off the moving to LA rumor list?

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
Maybe the rams are preparing a move back to LA.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/...r-stan-kroenke-buys-60-acres-land-los-angeles

ST. LOUIS -- According to reports in the Los Angeles Times and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke, by way of an affiliated holding company, recently purchased a 60-acre tract of land in Inglewood, Calif.

The reports indicate that the land is located between the Forum and Hollywood Park and could serve as a possible spot for development of a new NFL stadium according to the Times' sources.

What is known is that a clause in the Rams' lease at the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis is set to kick in at the end of the 2014 season. So long as the stadium hasn't been upgraded to one of the eight best venues in the NFL before that time, the Rams' lease will then become a year-to-year proposition beginning in 2015.

I still don't understand why there was even speculation about the Dolphins moving to LA. Los Angeles is not as big of a football city as people think. And when the next team moves there, the NFL will find out.

Doesn't seem like 60 acres would be enough to build the new Stadiums and parking.

60 acres = 500 yards x 500 yards.

From what I understand, there's more land around this acerage that could/may be bought.

They would never move a franchise out of a city like Miami to much history

Yeah, I don't either but people always like to throw the Dolphins name in the mix when the topic of LA getting a team comes up. I think the Dolphins will always be in the Miami area.

According to the media no one wants to come here or interview to work here so why would they suggest another city or state would want us?

Seattle's stadium was about 35 acres, if I am doing the math right. 1,500,00 sq. ft.

With an eye on the future, Robbie designed the stadium as a multi-purpose venue, with more than 1.5 million square feet, over 24,000 parking spaces, and a capacity of up to 75,000 seats. This allowed the field to be quickly converted to meet the requirements to host World Cup Soccer, and, of course, it kept alive the potential
http://www.sunlifestadium.com/about

60 Acres = 2613600 Square Feet

Last edited by a moderator:
I for one will wait until it's a done deal before I feel any comfort. Not that I really care where the Dolphins play. I do feel there is an agenda going on, I'm just not sure exactly what it is. I will say one thing. It's all right to play a Super Bowl every 10 years in an open stadium in northern New Jersey, but it rains too much to have one in Miami?

Yeah, because they certainly wouldn't move one out of a place like Cleveland or Baltimore. Not a lot of history there. :rolleyes2:

said the browns and colts fans

the dolphins wont move because Steve Ross will never do it, but if they did move it would be about money, awful attendances and worse tv ratings than the jags - not history

The lambs may be migrating. SFW.

I for one will wait until it's a done deal before I feel any comfort. Not that I really care where the Dolphins play. I do feel there is an agenda going on, I'm just not sure exactly what it is. I will say one thing. It's all right to play a Super Bowl every 10 years in an open stadium in northern New Jersey, but it rains too much to have one in Miami?

There may be an agenda or its a simple as the media & powers that be are geographically biased.

This is the 1st yr in many there hasn't been a team from the Northeast playing (hallelujah. praise jeebus.) yet its being held in that part of the country there?

Why does that sound so familiar ? Oh YEAH, Browns fans said the same thing before they bolted for Baltimore and morphed into the Ravens.

Back
Top Bottom