Can we cross Miami off the moving to LA rumor list? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can we cross Miami off the moving to LA rumor list?

They should give Oklahoma a team..... because it's Oklahoma ffs poor things

Let's cut to the chase here, any team that doesn't have a stadium that was built or majorly renovated within the last 20 years is in the mix...

Let's cut to the chase here, any team that doesn't have a stadium that was built or majorly renovated within the last 20 years is in the mix...

more likely is those teams will use the threat of LA to get a new Stadium. Unfortunately for you guys the Marlins stole money for their useless new Stadium so it will be tougher to get public money.

They're not going to let anyone move the team from Miami.

I would be surprised if the Rams moved back.

How many times does LA have to prove that they can't/won't
support an NFL franchise?

They're not going to let anyone move the team from Miami.

I would be surprised if the Rams moved back.

How many times does LA have to prove that they can't/won't

Apparently one more than they have already. The NFL wants to be in L.A...2nd largest media market I believe. They've had the Raiders twice and Rams at least once (maybe twice) and it's been the same result every time. They already have 3 teams in the state anyway.

....How many times does LA have to prove that they can't/won't

I don't think the reason the Rams or Raiders moved had anything to do with fan 'support' or attendance, it was strictly about getting a stadium deal, which ironically could be the thing that lures the Rams back.

Apparently one more than they have already. The NFL wants to be in L.A...2nd largest media market I believe. They've had the Raiders twice and Rams at least once (maybe twice) and it's been the same result every time. They already have 3 teams in the state anyway.

Raiders only played there once, 1982-94. The Chargers played their first season in Los Angeles.

I don't think the reason the Rams or Raiders moved had anything to do with fan 'support' or attendance, it was strictly about getting a stadium deal, which ironically could be the thing that lures the Rams back.

If there was the support, it would've been done.

There isn't.

I don't think it has anything to do with our History, and it has everything to do with money.

What would Ross do with the Stadium? The Dolphins are one of four other teams that owns their stadium.

The idea of the Dolphins moving is idiotic, plain and simple.

Doesn't seem like 60 acres would be enough to build the new Stadiums and parking.

60 acres = 500 yards x 500 yards.

I am not sure where you got you measurements from but 60 acres is way more than a 500 x 500 yard space.

An NFL field is 1.32 acres....so 60 acres would be enough space for about 40 fields.

No worries for the Dolphins to LA as they are going to move to London..

The London Dolphins, blimey :)

The people who have speculated about this nonsense don't understand the politics of land development in Los Angeles. It is extraordinarily difficult to get a stadium built in the Los Angeles area and several high net worth individuals have tried to do it since the Rams and Raiders left, including Eli Broad who is a heavyweight in SoCal real estate development. LA doesn't need a team, has lived happily without one, doesn't need the cache of having an NFL team to pump up its big city bona fides, and isn't seduced by the bull**** economic arguments that owners successfully use in places like Jacksonville or New Orleans or Cincinnati to extort public monies from municipalities.

It will be almost impossible to get the public to even invest public monies for infrastructure that would service the stadium. I wish Kronecke luck, if any man is likely to succeed, it would be the guy who is a business partner of Phil Anschutz, the reclusive fundamentalist Christian billionaire who owns AEG, Staples Center, Home Depot Center, a piece of the Lakers, the LA Galaxy, etc, etc. But even Anschutz has looked at building a stadium in LA in several locations and has been daunted by the time scale and road blocks, from environmental concerns to the danger of wild fires to the lack of infrastructure. There was never any chance the Dolphins were ever going to LA. Whoever builds the stadium in LA is going to own the team that plays in it and that's always insured that teams like the Raiders or Chargers would never move to Los Angeles because those family ownerships have made it clear they're not selling. It's been rumored for years the NFL wanted an expansion franchise in LA that could fetch a $1 billion expansion fee, probably to join the league with a London expansion team.

The Rams were a LA franchise before they moved to St louis. It makes perfect sense.
Most of you youngsters do not know about the QB Vince Ferragamo Rams and Georgia Rosenbloom.

Reported in uk that Kroenke who has shares in Arsenal football club in London is looking at an LA soccer team linked back to Arsenal. Land and stadium talk probably linked to that.

Back
Top Bottom