Can we talk off-season on a loss week? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can we talk off-season on a loss week?

Nobody still cares. You need to wait till Miami is officially out of the playoff race, loses a playoff game/SB, or wins the SB (hopefully, it's option number 3).

I'll play your game though. I agree with your assessment about LBs, they do need an upgrade there. Power back, perhaps, but I don't think it's a huge need. Another quality O lineman or 2. I'd even suggest looking at a replacement for Teddy at the QB2 position. I was hopeful that he would fit the role, but he was pretty bad in his limited opportunities this year.

What a "Waffler" - LOL

I think that money is going to waste. How many Foles stories are there? Back ups rarely win you games, let alone SBs. Just ride with Skylar and take the losses if they come. If we lose Tua for a full season we probably would rather tank.
I'm not looking for a Foles story. I'm looking for a Kosar in the '90's behind Marino story. A guy who can go in there and at least be like .500 in games that he starts.

Always have loved the draft and team building discussions.

One of my favorite running backs from this draft is Devone Achane. He's not a power back, but an explosive speed guy, who is a homerun threat with the ball in his hands. Would definitely solve the kick return position as well. Excellent vision and instincts and I think fits what McDaniel seems to love with his electric speed and mismatch ability. I also think Mostert is on a one year deal.

I do agree that Miami needs better linebackers and at least more depth on the offensive line. If the Dolphins had a first rounder, I'd think corner. Not sure who lasts until pick 55-60.

But if the team is looking at BPA with their first pick, running back could be in play.

Last edited:
Fins are pretty much all in at this point... This is what you get, let the cards fall...
Do you think this is our ceiling? Do you not think we'll be better next year?

I’ll wait until a week after we are out of the playoffs, or win it all before I worry about next year.

Next could be really rough
We have a lot of holes keeping us from SB contenders at this moment
We need Oline help, complete overhaul on TE’s, DBs, at least another LB and a kicker
We have very few draft picks for 2023 and shitload of cash tied up

I'm sure NBP81 could chime in. I took it as we are all in for this year so fans aren't as concerned about next year and beyond at this point.

As far as reaching a ceiling, I personally think the team isn't to that point yet. McDaniel should get better as a coach, the team has fewer weaknesses to tackle, it's still a young team etc.

We desperately need an athletic, quick footed LT to groom behind the great Terron Armstead. This offense desperately needs an all around TE who can catch in traffic and lives to smashmouth. Those are 2 must haves moving forward. RBs can be had any year, we can just resign Mostert and Wilson tbh and be okay. Erik Ekuzanama whatever, needs to replace Cedric Wilson.

That's 2 picks that are musts on offense, might need another pick for oline.

We have a 2nd, 2 3rds, a 6th, and 7th I believe.

We desperately need a Mike. We desperately need another corner, we desperately need a NT. Seller can replace Ogbah, we will need a depth replacement.

It may be best for us to trade down from our 2nd rounder and ad mid round, cost effective selections, but ..... that takes us away from getting a possible steal in round 2. We have had some hits in the 2nd round. Some misses too.

We desperately need an athletic, quick footed LT to groom behind the great Terron Armstead. This offense desperately needs an all around TE who can catch in traffic and lives to smashmouth. Those are 2 must haves moving forward. RBs can be had any year, we can just resign Mostert and Wilson tbh and be okay. Erik Ekuzanama whatever, needs to replace Cedric Wilson.

That's 2 picks that are musts on offense, might need another pick for oline.

We have a 2nd, 2 3rds, a 6th, and 7th I believe.

We desperately need a Mike. We desperately need another corner, we desperately need a NT. Seller can replace Ogbah, we will need a depth replacement.

It may be best for us to trade down from our 2nd rounder and ad mid round, cost effective selections, but ..... that takes us away from getting a possible steal in round 2. We have had some hits in the 2nd round. Some misses too.
Good points. With the severe drop-off when Armstead is out, I definitely agree with you on the need for a tackle.

Miami's linebackers are holding back this defense. Really like the defensive line, especially with the Chubb trade. Secondary has been ravaged by injuries, but that has allowed the Dolphins to develop some younger players.

Picking so late, it will be challenging. I think running back could provide real value there.

Whenever I try to talk draft, who to let go, who to ship out, who to sign or extend, lately, I get told nobody cares.

Is it a good time now?

I want a power back, better LBs and returners. Bring the expensive corners back one more year. Let the role-players about to hit FA walk.

Suggestions?
I always love talking about the draft and free agency. I freaking love it. I think you’ll get your wish with LB upgrades and a power back. I’ve got my eye on Jack Campbell from Iowa at LB and Miyan Willing RB from Ohio State. Williams is a red shirt sophomore so I doubt he comes out but I think he’s one of the most underrated players in the country. 5’9” and 225 pounds.

I think Byron Jones gets replaced by another high end free agent unless he comes back soon and makes an impact.

The most important thing for this team has been and still is protecting Tua.

When he is upright and has time the Fins can beat anyone in the league and that is with all the injuries in the secondary, the weak LB corps and getting mostly nothing from TE.

Fins OT depth to back up Armstead and push AJ and add either a C(and move Williams back to LG)or a legit LG.

All the other needs pale in comparison to building a solid(or better)OL.

Block well enough and the skill guys will win even with just a decent defense.

Back
Top Bottom