Can we talk off-season on a loss week? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can we talk off-season on a loss week?

Changing to a 4-3 defense would do wonders for this team. Baker would shift seamlessly to wolb, Chubb, JP, Ingram and Sieler at End. Van Gink at solb, still require a Mike. CW would still be a beast inside, but we would need another DT, we all see that Raekwon Davis is a bust, should've been a late round pick. Zero agility, zero moves, zero output. The needs would still be the same on defense.

Changing to a 4-3 defense would do wonders for this team. Baker would shift seamlessly to wolb, Chubb, JP, Ingram and Sieler at End. Van Gink at solb, still require a Mike. CW would still be a beast inside, but we would need another DT, we all see that Raekwon Davis is a bust, should've been a late round pick. Zero agility, zero moves, zero output. The needs would still be the same on defense.

Well the day Miami picked Chainkwon I said that picking him over Josh Uche was going to look stupid very soon.

I believe Uche already has about 7 sacks this season.

If they had taken Uche like they were supposed to at that point in the draft, it probably avoids having to trade the 2023 1st round pick from the 49ers for Bradley Chubb.

Uche has 7 sacks this year but he had a total of 4 in his first two seasons(17 games played), so he has not been all that great.

I wanted Jeremy Chinn with that pick and then they could have gone DL with the Brandon Jones pick with Davon Hamilton and Justin Madubuike on the board in early R3.

And I am not unhappy with Brandon Jones so that part worked out pretty well at least.

I have not given up on Davis but he was a Flores pick for his defense obviously.

I have never been a fan of passing on talent for scheme fit guys, that kind of draft strategy is what has you to take Charles Harris over TJ Watt.

Uche has 7 sacks this year but he had a total of 4 in his first two seasons(17 games played), so he has not been all that great.

I wanted Jeremy Chinn with that pick and then they could have gone DL with the Brandon Jones pick with Davon Hamilton and Justin Madubuike on the board in early R3.

And I am not unhappy with Brandon Jones so that part worked out pretty well at least.

I have not given up on Davis but he was a Flores pick for his defense obviously.

I have never been a fan of passing on talent for scheme fit guys, that kind of draft strategy is what has you to take Charles Harris over TJ Watt.

Well Uche hasn’t had great numbers because he just hasn’t played for whatever reason. They just haven’t let him play much at all until this year for some reason. But the little he was allowed to play he always looked great when I watched him.

Never understood why they weren’t playing him more.

If they’ll just let him on the field he can get it. I promise.

Well Uche hasn’t had great numbers because he just hasn’t played for whatever reason. They just haven’t let him play much at all until this year for some reason. But the little he was allowed to play he always looked great when I watched him.

Never understood why they weren’t playing him more.

If they’ll just let him on the field he can get it. I promise.
I think I remember he was very raw at Mich. I guess he still needed to learn more subtleties about assignments and gap integrity and all of that. That was also the story why he barely played back at Mich.

I think I remember he was very raw at Mich. I guess he still needed to learn more subtleties about assignments and gap integrity and all of that. That was also the story why he barely played back at Mich.

Yep. I think he has 10 sacks now.

Chainkwon played for 4 years at Alabama. So at least Miami doesn’t have to worry about that.

Uche had ridiculous athleticism, twitch, and got better every year. Just like he’s done in the NFL.

Chainkwon played 4 years in college and got worse every year. Just like he does in the NFL.

The bottom line is ol’ Slimm called it.

Yep. I think he has 10 sacks now.

Chainkwon played for 4 years at Alabama. So at least Miami doesn’t have to worry about that.
I hold you in very high esteem to see you holding grudges against players like that.

Raekwon is part of a very stout run defense that's hardly talked about and he gets a good push up the middle collapsing pockets. Yes, he lacks any lateral agility to pursue, get sacks or even tackles but teams always have to account for that behemoth straight up the gut. Notice how we lacked a pass rusher but there ain't anybody out there talking about how we need DTs and the rotation is just 3 man deep. Damn, we keep Jenkins after every off season when nobody wants him 'cause he's cheap and we're set with Wilkins, Davis and Seiler. We don't even care about upgrades over Jenkins 'cause he ain't even seeing the field, lol.

Uche had ridiculous athleticism, twitch, and got better every year. Just like he’s done in the NFL.

Chainkwon played 4 years in college and got worse every year. Just like he does in the NFL.

The bottom line is ol’ Slimm called it.
Why don't we talk about Waddle being invisible through 3-4 games now instead? Why 'Kwon? Because you soured on him at 'Bama and someone mocked you after he looked good in his rookie season here? Ahhh! There are and have been much more disappointing 'Bama grads on this team, ty.

Let's talk about how Christian Barmore (who I liked out of 'Bama) sucks, instead, huh? And he was an early first round pick!

I hold you in very high esteem to see you holding grudges against players like that.

Raekwon is part of a very stout run defense that's hardly talked about and he gets a good push up the middle collapsing pockets. Yes, he lacks any lateral agility to pursue, get sacks or even tackles but teams always have to account for that behemoth straight up the gut. Notice how we lacked a pass rusher but there ain't anybody out there talking about how we need DTs and the rotation is just 3 man deep. Damn, we keep Jenkins after every off season when nobody wants him 'cause he's cheap and we're set with Wilkins, Davis and Seiler. We don't even care about upgrades over Jenkins 'cause he ain't even seeing the field, lol.

I don’t give a **** what you hold. It’s my view on it. Don’t like it. Don’t read it.

Seiler is a player. Chainkwon is not.

Miami’s run defense ranks about middle of the pack every year since they drafted him. Certainly not very stout.
And no he doesn’t get a good push up the middle.

A guy that size is supposed to dominate. He doesn’t, never has and never will.

It’s all a myth parroted among a certain group of fanboys.

Why don't we talk about Waddle being invisible through 3-4 games now instead? Why 'Kwon? Because you soured on him at 'Bama and someone mocked you after he looked good in his rookie season here? Ahhh! There are and have been much more disappointing 'Bama grads on this team, ty.

Waddle can play. Chainkwon can’t.

I’m ready to bet high on that whenever you are.

I don’t give a **** what you hold. It’s my view on it. Don’t like it. Don’t read it.

Seiler is a player. Chainkwon is not.

Miami’s run defense ranks about middle of the pack every year since they drafted him. Certainly not very stout.
And no he doesn’t get a good push up the middle.

A guy that size is supposed to dominate. He doesn’t, never has and never will.

It’s all a myth parroted among a certain group of fanboys.
DON'T POST ON MY THREADS TO DERAIL THEM INTO YOUR OWN PERSONAL VENDETTAS, THEN, CAPPISH?

Dolphins defense is top 5 in ypc allowed to RBs. We got gashed by QBs scrambling out the pocket in passing situations when 'Kwon wasn't even on the field.

Let's talk about how Christian Barmore (who I liked out of 'Bama) sucks, instead, huh? And he was an early first round pick!

Barmore has been great for New England and one of the best interior pass rushers they had since the day he was drafted until he got injured this year.

You don’t even make sense with all your rants.

Back
Top Bottom