Can you envision Saban failing? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can you envision Saban failing?

I don't see anyway Saban is fired before 5 years (unless he sleeps with huizenga's wife or something), but if he never gets that QB he could be Belichek before Brady.

rafael said:
I don't see anyway Saban is fired before 5 years (unless he sleeps with huizenga's wife or something), but if he never gets that QB he could be Belichek before Brady.
I agree. Saban most likely at least get to live out his 5 year contract. Wanny got 5 years for goodness sakes.

SkapePhin said:
By failure, I mean that Saban would not last past his 5 year contract, be fired prematurely, and/or not have much playoff success.
if we kept wann-freakin-stadt for 4 years, i do NOT see it that hard to keep saban for at least that long! :D

Well, I just hope that he stays around for a while. I mean look at coach Cowher, people from Pitts was wanted him to be fired when they were going though bad times and now look at their team. The same goes with the Titans coach. I guess what I am trying to say is that we need a coach that can lead this team for ten, twelve, or fifteen years. I just hate three, four and five year coaches.

We certainly had patience with Wanny and his pet Jay. We should be able to sustain Saban since at least he's off to a good start.

saban radiates confidence...teams usually take on the personality of their head coach.

miami's stay at the bottom of the east will be a short one.

He already has the heart of all the fans, in my mind hes already suceeded. ;)

Fitz said:
I wouldn't say he's won my heart just yet. He's got me hyped up, and he's won my confidence in him... He's gotta win some games to take my breath away. :D

yes i can because TALENT SELECTION IS DIFFERENT IN COLLEGE THAN THE SHOW. Saban will fall prey to being away from the NFL a long time just like Gibbs. I think Nick is going to right the ship but i think it will take 3 yrs. I think he needs to rid himself of many players currently still looked at as core tot he team. Miami needs to hit on the draft and i think they may have compounded their rebuild with some of this offseasons signings. I just think they saddled themselves with more dead salary.

SkapePhin said:
I dont know if its just the homer in me, but I dont get a vibe of failure from Saban.. He hasnt even coached one game yet for the Phins and I think he will be a top 5 NFL coach in the near future.

I never got that feeling from Wanny.. Even though I hoped every year for a SB and never thought he was quite as bad as he was until the last 2 years or so.. But Saban is different. He seems to have that "it" quality that all of the great NFL coaches of the past and present have.

He has a process in place, not just a vague concept of "We are doing what have to to win a Superbowl". The process precedes the prize for Saban, and that is a precursor to success imo.

So, can any of you envision Saban failing in Miami, and if so, what would be the cause of his failure?
I dont wanna even think about it. Next question please

SkapePhin said:
I dont know if its just the homer in me, but I dont get a vibe of failure from Saban.. He hasnt even coached one game yet for the Phins and I think he will be a top 5 NFL coach in the near future.

I never got that feeling from Wanny.. Even though I hoped every year for a SB and never thought he was quite as bad as he was until the last 2 years or so.. But Saban is different. He seems to have that "it" quality that all of the great NFL coaches of the past and present have.

He has a process in place, not just a vague concept of "We are doing what have to to win a Superbowl". The process precedes the prize for Saban, and that is a precursor to success imo.

So, can any of you envision Saban failing in Miami, and if so, what would be the cause of his failure?

The guy can't fail - unless failure is not winning a super bowl. We will have a very good team for years to come - I just hope the guy stays 10-20 years.

mor911 said:
I wouldn't say he's won my heart just yet. He's got me hyped up, and he's won my confidence in him... He's gotta win some games to take my breath away. :D
He's got your confidence, he's halfway to your heart ;)

Fitz said:

He hasnt won my heart until he accepts my invitation to Prom! :mad: ;)

Back
Top Bottom