cap to go up about 5% next season: paging clumpy. your skills are needed. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

cap to go up about 5% next season: paging clumpy. your skills are needed.

Are you really in need of someone to predict varying amounts of cap woe for the Dolphins, depending on how he feels? I can do it, if you want.

That'll work....will definitely help us keep our core and sign some FA's or draft picks.....that makes me feel much better about next year.

Originally posted by aquaman
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6914496

so this means that we should be..... ah screw it let clump handle this one.

Well, our cap hit next yr is pushing 84.3. Figure in that it doesn't include any of our FAs into this. of this #, we have 2 QBs carrying 13.8 of this, a center at 3 even, 2 WRs at 3.41, one ridiculous CB will get OVER 8 mil alone, an over the hill LB at over 3.5, a safety at 2.15 and a damn kicker at 2.5. That's over 36 mil for a bunch of guys that figure to get cut [or should at least] anyway. Guys like JT, Timbo, Zackand Pat will get close to 25 mil combined but I would imagine most would restructure. But that can be a double edged sword as well sometimes. But if only 1/3 is saved by restructuring, that's close to 45 mil saved on the cap or better than a half of it. Then we have to sign our own FAs like O-gun, T-Buck, Wade, Minor, Greenwood, et. al. I would say that <10 should cover that but it's really just a wide open guess. Even/if so that's 35 mil left for FAs, draft, etc. It sounds pretty good looking at it like that, but I will guarantee ya that it ain't all rosy like that. Somewhere along the line, I'm sure I've left out something major, in which case, someone will inform me of my error, grave as it must be !! :lol:

Sam Madison is going to get 8 mil next season! Wow and I thought we were in bad shape with Ty Law!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by pats4life
Sam Madison is going to get 8 mil next season! Wow and I thought we were in bad shapy with Ty Law!

Madison 8.038 mil paycut
Surtain 7.631 mil restructure
Taylor 7.695 mil set
T-Bo 4.65 mil CUT or paycut
Fiedler 6.837 mil paycut
Griese 6.97 mil CUT
Ruddy 3 mil CUT or paycut
McKnight 2.16 mil CUT
Fletcher 1.425 mil paycut
Mare 2.509 mil restructure

That cap number is a little lower than what Len P. of ESPN had a few weeks ago. His number was $79.7 million. But y'all must remember that the cap number released by the NFL is only the "gross" so to speak not the "net" or adjusted. Each team is subject to NLTBE (Not likely to be earned) credit or debit based upon incentives earned in the 2003 season. Miami earned a $85,000 credit and that $85,000 was added to the reported cap number for 2003 of $75.007 million, so Miami's "adjusted" salary cap was $75.092 million. In 2002, Miami had a $2.6 million "debit" which was subtracted from the $71.101 million salary cap reported by the NFL.

Also, the numbers for each team will not be determined until after the Super Bowl because some of those NLTBE incentives include playoffs.

At $79.2 million, Miami will be between $12-15 million over once a likely NLTBE "debit", increase in RW's salary, and filling out the top 51

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
That cap number is a little lower than what Len P. of ESPN had a few weeks ago. His number was $79.7 million. But y'all must remember that the cap number released by the NFL is only the &quot;gross&quot; so to speak not the &quot;net&quot; or adjusted. Each team is subject to NLTBE (Not likely to be earned) credit or debit based upon incentives earned in the 2003 season. Miami earned a $85,000 credit and that $85,000 was added to the reported cap number for 2003 of $75.007 million, so Miami's &quot;adjusted&quot; salary cap was $75.092 million. In 2002, Miami had a $2.6 million &quot;debit&quot; which was subtracted from the $71.101 million salary cap reported by the NFL.

Also, the numbers for each team will not be determined until after the Super Bowl because some of those NLTBE incentives include playoffs.

At $79.2 million, Miami will be between $12-15 million over once a likely NLTBE &quot;debit&quot;, increase in RW's salary, and filling out the top 51

Gee, Clump ! You do have a good way of making something sound so "complicatingly" simple !! i "think" i know what you just said. I've have to let it SLOWLY sink in now for about a week to get a better grasp on it !! :lol:

The bad news is that, while the cap increases every year, the increase this year is less than it has been in years past.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
The bad news is that, while the cap increases every year, the increase this year is less than it has been in years past.

well, at least we'll only have the cap for 3 more yrs. Then it will either be trashed altogether or extended again.

Back
Top Bottom