Capers signs 3 year extension - NFL Highest Paid Assistant (Merged) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Capers signs 3 year extension - NFL Highest Paid Assistant (Merged)

I am pleased that we're retaining Capers and I also do think this pretty much solidifies that our next coach will be offense-minded. I do hope that Fins also retain Mueller by giving him the GM position. I am not confident in Brian Schottenheimer, who I think might be leading canidate now, running every aspect of this team. We need a GM like Mueller.

I couldn't be happier honestly. I'm very pleased and I'm happy to say that I was wrong. Keeping him is huge to maintaining the stability we need on defense. Now, the only significant revamp that needs to happen is on the offensive side of the ball. Success should come much sooner because we are stable on defense.

Wayne has passed Al Davis as the dumbest owner in the NFL. The next HC deserves the right to hire/fire has own coaching staff not get stuck with leftovers from the previous HC.

Wayne has passed Al Davis as the dumbest owner in the NFL. The next HC deserves the right to hire/fire has own coaching staff not get stuck with leftovers from the previous HC.

We've interviewed 12 guys. The issue of keeping Capers obviously came up in those interviews, and the guys we are still considering obviously wanted Capers here.

You have to think that they already mentioned that they'd like to keep Capers in the initial interviews. Chances are this might have been one of things Martz didnt agree with.

I actually think hanging onto Capers increases the chances that it'll be a younger coach. In addition to the defensive stability, Capers' experience in the league and his time as a HC in particular should really help shorten the learning curve for a young guy like BS or MT.

Capers is very important to this team and the defense. To call Wayne dumb for locking him up is just absurd.

Although the norm is to let the incoming Coach hand-pick his staff, I do believe this is the wise move. Retaining Capers means we retain continuity on the defense (our forte). I'm sure Huzienga will let the new HC bring some of his guys too, but this move was necessary.

I don't think Capers is worthy of being the highest paid assistant in the NFL, but it's nice to actually have a turnover of a coordinator to the next season.

Good for Dom Capers and even more props to Huizenga for recognizing excellence.

The move of securing an elite defensive coordinator for a few years is innovative and forward thinking. It allows the Dolphins to hire a young candidate like Mike Tomlin or Brian Schottenheimer without worrying about continuity. It keeps stalward players like Jason Taylor enthusiastic about playing in a scheme which allowed them to excel. An offensive-minded coach now can immediately take the reigns of the offense without worrying about running the defense.

Great Job Mr. Huizenga!

How much he gets paid doesn't mean much. But I do have to question something.
With no head coach yet, why are they signing a coordinator when they can hire a coach to come in and then said coach can hire his own coordinator? Am I wrong here?
Cant a coach hire his own staff??

Back
Top Bottom