Capers signs 3 year extension - NFL Highest Paid Assistant (Merged) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Capers signs 3 year extension - NFL Highest Paid Assistant (Merged)

I've been out of town all week, so its definately nice to come home and see this piece of news. I'm glad he's sticking around. Continuity is key. Capers did a good job this year, I expect that to continue. Good stuff right here.

This is great news. Keep the "D" rolling and do not change a thing. Less change the better Zach, Jason and the guys love this defensive philosophy. We just need to get a little younger on "D" now. Also, I think we can all agree that an offensive minded head coach is a breath of fresh air. Get Mularkey out of there and lets open it up a little. Yeah Baby!!!

Wasn't much on hiring Cam at first, but with this signing me thinks he is wayne's guy. Anyone know if Cam was at SD when Cleo was there?

Yeah Cameron was with Cleo in SD.
Thanks. After posting, read an article that the Phins hope to name their guy within 7 days, so not sure who'll we'll get, less WH knows the outcome of tomorrows game with the pats? LOL.

Wow! Looks like they already have the HC picked out as well if they are signing Capers to a 3 year deal. They must be hiring a coach that want's to keep Capers in place as well. And it's got to be an offensive minded guy for Capers to get that kind of money. Or perhaps Mueller is running the ship now? Either way very good news! Happy to hear this!

Schottenheimer is my guess. That is my choice, he will do this team some good. Actually Whisenhunt was my 1st choice but that won't happen.

This doesn't make sense to me in the least. We don't even know who the head coach is going to be yet, and they're retaining staff for him. Yeah, yeah, yeah, they have a short list. Maybe each of those people have even indicated that they're okay with moves like these. It seems to me that Wayne has made the same type of mistake he made with Saban in a very different package -- he's in love with many of the assistants on this team (like Capers and Garrett) and is letting that have an impact on the coaching search.

I hope the results are good, but I'm starting to have a very bad feeling about this search based on the way it is being conducted.

Good job Wayne

Ditto, I am very happy we have Capers locked up but for another reason that people may not think too much about, and that is his experience as a HC before so he can work with the new guy and collaborate instead of playing Hitler with everyone.

I am starting to feel the chemistry....... Capers stayin, new young HC comin, and MIKE MULARKY WILL BE GONE!:D

I'm hoping it's Shotty, Cam, or Tomlin. I don't know what it is, but i'm just not really thrilled with the thought of Gailey being our HC.

Getting Capers locked in is HUGE!!!....

Capers will help bring Shottenhiemer {or whomever we hire as head coach} along over the next three years, and he'll be there in case we hit any bumps along the way, and we will hit some bumps no doubt. I feel much more comfortable in knowing that Capers is here now though. Great job Wayne!!...

This doesn't make sense to me in the least. We don't even know who the head coach is going to be yet, and they're retaining staff for him. Yeah, yeah, yeah, they have a short list. Maybe each of those people have even indicated that they're okay with moves like these. It seems to me that Wayne has made the same type of mistake he made with Saban in a very different package -- he's in love with many of the assistants on this team (like Capers and Garrett) and is letting that have an impact on the coaching search.

I hope the results are good, but I'm starting to have a very bad feeling about this search based on the way it is being conducted.

Another way to possibly look at this is that they wanted to lock up Capers because they're leaning towards a younger hire, Schottenheimer or Tomlin, and they want to provide the new guy with some head coaching experience on his coaching staff.

So you would rather get rid of one of the best defensive coordinators in the league because the new coach my want to bring in one of his own guys who could possibly suck? Why get rid of someone who is already established and led this defense to a top 5 ranking.

Back
Top Bottom