CB Howard Misses Practice | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CB Howard Misses Practice

Wilson still shaking the rust off but he was weapons and the D needs to find a way to disrupt their offense (read turnovers and negative plays) enough to make up for the absence of Tua. This is kind of a must win game--at least everyone has been counting the Jets meetups as essentially guaranteed wins. I'm not so sure with our injuries to be honest but I do think we are better coached and deep enough to get it done.

X has always struggled when dealing with any kind of injury. He isn’t an “elite” athlete when compared to other CBs and losing a step or two makes him unable to play his style of game.
It’s hard for a press corner to hide an injury. You’re on an island and one little slip up and you’re toast - when healthy! It’s definitely why he’s been giving guys cushions

Dolphins should have traded Howard, he is getting beat and making stupid penalties, it's time to move on.

If Wilson is throwing then we’ve already won the game.
Sounds like what a lot of people were saying about Tua going into this season. I think Wilson's got some very good potential that we haven't seen yet. Wouldn't surprise me if he unleashed it this weekend knowing our luck

Dolphins should have traded Howard, he is getting beat and making stupid penalties, it's time to move on.

Come On Reaction GIF

We don't know how badly the dude's injured. It's hard enough as it is to play at a high level. Much harder if you have a hammy or groin pull. As for moving on, we know he's getting up there, but he still has plenty of gas left in the tank. With the salary cap, etc., we can't upgrade all of our positions every off-season. Sometimes, a guy who is better is not available, or we don't have the extra money. We aren't competing in a vacuum. Other teams are trying to sign and upgrade their team, too. Considering this, I thought Grier has done a decent job because even thou Hill was expensive, he is proving it was worth the investment.

I wanted to trade him two years ago, if we could have gotten a first round pick and taken Surtain to replace him

We didn’t take advantage of the Bengals weak OL. Burrow was being sacked left and right except when he faced us.
Short week for the D-linemen after playing .. what was it, 90 snaps in the heat in Miami the week before? Wasn't a level playing field.

Sounds like what a lot of people were saying about Tua going into this season. I think Wilson's got some very good potential that we haven't seen yet. Wouldn't surprise me if he unleashed it this weekend knowing our luck

What people were saying and what was produced on the field between the two are completely different. I’ve seen nothing from Wilson to even have hope. With Tua the argument was he wasn’t worth a top 5 pick however if you said he was bad his first 2 years well then you were wrong. Problem with Tua was he was average. If your saying a guy that threw over 2:1 td to int as well as finished near league top in accuracy was bad then you have issues. Like I said Tua was at worst average his first two years. Wilson has looked awful throwing more ints than tds and completing 55% of passes. Even in his small sample size this year he completed 50% of his passes with more ints than tds vs a Steelers defense that really isn’t anything special without tj watt terrorizing qbs.

...you mean the year he had ten interceptions and finished third in voting for NFL DPOY? I'm not sure this is the flex you think it is.
Yes. Sell high and replace with cheaper. Get more cap space. We knew he was going to keep asking for more money. We knew we would soon not be able to afford he and Jones. We knew both were getting older and would start to break down.

Back
Top Bottom