CB Josh Robinson to visit Dolphins(gone to the Bucs) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CB Josh Robinson to visit Dolphins(gone to the Bucs)

I believe this is the guy that went on a twitter tirade against gay marriage, comparing same sex marriage to pedophiles.

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 6m6 minutes ago

#Dolphins announce that former #Vikings CB Josh Robinson has concluded his visit. No deal signed tonight

Didn't follow him in Minnesota, but he's an outstanding athlete. Fast, explosive, and agile.

Miami has had so few of these kinds of players -- either as backups or starters -- at skill positions for forever.

These are the kinds of players you want creating depth for your team: high ceiling players that for whatever reason -- rawness, injury, system -- haven't reaching their potential. And when stepping into duty, often find ways of outplaying the starter, simply because the talent is there.

Miami hasn't had players like that anywhere on the roster and especially at depth in YEARS.

Even the interest here is a great sign, imo, that Gase is bringing a new parameter of analysis and player acquisition to the Phins.

LD

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 6m6 minutes ago

#Dolphins announce that former #Vikings CB Josh Robinson has concluded his visit. No deal signed tonight

D*mn! I was hoping the Fins would sign him today. I did some research today and he had a solid grade in the draft a few years back. I also checked out a Vikings forum and the group seemed split. Everyone agreed that he was great as a rookie on the boundary and was horribly miscast in the slot by Leslie Frazier the next year (got burned left and right). After that, he was dinged up quite a bit but was solid overall. Vikings fans said he must play on the boundary and that he's an excellent run supporter/tackler...they compared him to a poor man's Antoine Winfield when it comes to tackling and supporting the run.

The draft analysis said he's a perfect fit for zone, but not great in man coverage. Considering we'll mostly play zone this year, he supports the run (which goes a long way with me...which is why I couldn't stand Sean Smith and also liked Surtain over Madison), and he'll be fairly cheap, I really want the Fins to sign him.

If we could sign Robinson to cover the boundary (along w/ Maxwell) and also sign Boykins (to man the slot w/ McCain), I think we could focus on DE and LB in the first couple of rounds (along with DB and OL later in the draft)...and we'd cover most of our needs (assuming Denver doesn't match as well).

Just to make sure everyone gets this right....http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/josh-robinson?id=2533542

The guys who were posting high shuttle and cone numbers for Josh were looking at the wrong guy.

Josh' s numbers were outstanding. A 4.55 three cone is about as low as you will ever see.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Sorry, that's a 6.55 three cone.

Yeah, because no one in this day and age should be allowed to work and prosper if their belief system doesn't support the narrative.

Yeah, because no one in this day and age should be allowed to work and prosper if their belief system doesn't support the narrative.

Land of the free (as long as your beliefs are acceptable to the mob... and you remain perfectly happy to have everything you work for, progressively confiscated to support the ambition and effort challenged) and the home of the perpetually offended.

That being said, take a look at this corner's workout numbers:

Height: 5092
Weight: 177
40 Yrd Dash: 4.57
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 04
Vertical Jump: 33 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'1"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.25
3-Cone Drill: 7.13

Can anybody guess who that is?

Brent Grimes.

Does that weight include the 135 pounds of baggage that is included?

Back
Top Bottom