CBS bashes Feidler | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CBS bashes Feidler

Originally posted by dolphan39
I guess you missed watching the Fins play from 1983 'til 1999 ;)

:judge:

The defense rests..... Case dismissed!

Originally posted by Trekbiz
Look, everyone has the right to their own opinion here.
I also understand that Jay is our QB now period and that's it we have to support him....... HOWEVER.....

Comments like he is one of the top 10 QB's in the league goes from a nice comment to show your support to the realm of an opinion derived from a round of extensive crack smoking!

Unless you mean top 10 interception leaders in the league.

Go ahead, name 9 other starting QB's in the NFL who are clearly better; you can't. Manning, Warner, Favre, McNabb, Culpepper, and Brunell, that's 6. After that you get Garcia who's a product of his offense and is going to break after one good hit; Gannon who is no better than Fiedler; Stewart who's had one good year, Carr who still hasn't lived up to expectations, Brady who will flop this year; Trent Green, lead the league in INT's last year; Brad Johnson; overrated and has done nothing; and Fiedler who is as good, if not better than all or most of those named above.

So go on and play with your Cpt. Kirk and Mr. Spock dolls, wear your starship second prize outfit and wipe you clingons until you can find something more intelligent to say.
:fire: :fire:

:monkey: Star Trek

Originally posted by Expo88

Go ahead, name 9 other starting QB's in the NFL who are clearly better; you can't. Manning, Warner, Favre, McNabb, Culpepper, and Brunell, that's 6. After that you get Garcia who's a product of his offense and is going to break after one good hit; Gannon who is no better than Fiedler; Stewart who's had one good year, Carr who still hasn't lived up to expectations, Brady who will flop this year; Trent Green, lead the league in INT's last year; Brad Johnson; overrated and has done nothing; and Fiedler who is as good, if not better than all or most of those named above.

So go on and play with your Cpt. Kirk and Mr. Spock dolls, wear your starship second prize outfit and wipe you clingons until you can find something more intelligent to say.
:fire: :fire:

:monkey: Star Trek
:yell:

You are clearly a :goof:

FIRST: interesting opinions.....
Garcia is no good and is only a product of his offense,
Gannon is no better than Fiedler
Hmmm....

SECOND: What your actually saying by your post is that there isn't a top 10 at all. There's just a top 6.
The rest are just mediocre and middle of the pack right?
SO what your saying is Jay ISN'T a top QB at all, he's mediocre and in the middle of the pack! YOU SAID IT!

Thirdly: You assume Trekbiz means I'm a "Trekkie". Well Mr. Nascar, I suggest you take a minute in between eating your grits and listening to your Willie Nelson album. Loosen the straps on your overalls and on your "I'd rather push my Ford then drive a Chevy" hat to realize something.....

Trek is also a very succesful Mountain bike line that I distribute to retail establishments across the US while you bleach the streaks out of your underwear after watching Speedvision all day!

:monkey: circle track racing

Re: Re: Griese with Manning???

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Griese was better than Jay last season with only 1 good WR compared to Jay who had 4 and look at Griese when he has 2 good WR. Griese learned well from his great father.

4 GOOD RECEIVERS? Rod Smith is one of the top 3 receivers in the AFC. Chambers is a stretch to make top 10. McKnight wouldn't start anywhere, not even Denver. Gadsden is not a "good" receiver. There are probably 40 better receivers in the NFL than him. And Ward is alright. Not better than OG but solid. We have 1 good receiver, not 4. Anyone who classifies James McKnight (or were you talking about Ogden) a "good receiver" is a 100% total moron. You should be ashamed of yourself. There are Ivy League School backups better than McKnight. Also, Fiedler didn't have a Terrell Davis OR a Mike Anderson. Nor did he have a stud like Nalen up front. Fiedler had NOBODY!

I ride a Trek you knob. Based on the way you seem to have gone after me in your first few posts on the site I just had to assume you were one of the legion of moron trekkies out there. They usually have that kind of mentality.

I'm sure you're an exceptionally powerful individual who has control over all my MTB needs so I better watch what I say or you might hunt me down and ruin my next bike. I'd better be careful right???

If you took the time to read my original post, something you apparently didn't do since your attention span must not last that long, you would notice that I did say that there is a log jam behind the premier QB's in this league. I'm saying that he is easily, at least as good, if not better than most of the log jam thus placing him in the top ten (see, logic. Try it some time.)

In the words of Charlie Brown UHGGGGG! Dude you are getting out of control, relax take a deep breath, and count to three. This is an OPINON sight to talk about the Miami Dolphins. A great thing about life is many people have many different opions towards many different things. In America we celebrate this, and some might think this is what makes this country work. There is no need to start calling people names, and taking pot shots at people for thinking differntly. No one here cares if that dude is a trekie, a mt bike salesman, or the president of Egypt. If you get off on trying to shoot others down with stupid name calling then check out aol's chat rooms, i hear they are chalk full of people who enjoy the same thing. Here we like to keep the subject about football.

I ride a Trek you knob. Based on the way you seem to have gone after me in your first few posts on the site I just had to assume you were one of the legion of moron trekkies out there. They usually have that kind of mentality.

I'm sure you're an exceptionally powerful individual who has control over all my MTB needs so I better watch what I say or you might hunt me down and ruin my next bike. I'd better be careful right???

If you took the time to read my original post, something you apparently didn't do since your attention span must not last that long, you would notice that I did say that there is a log jam behind the premier QB's in this league. I'm saying that he is easily, at least as good, if not better than most of the log jam thus placing him in the top ten (see, logic. Try it some time.)

Yeah, I'm attacking him right!
Please.........

Have an antidepresent and Cool your tool Expo!
GO FINS!

Speaking of that first post....

While Prisco seems to hate Jay for some reason (there are a whole ton of QB's out there that are worse) he has a point when it comes to the handcuffs placed on NFL passers these days. We all may get a very good idea of what happens when an average passer is given free rein to air it out when Spurrier hands the keys of the offense over to a very average Danny Wuerfull (spell?)

Jay is a good QB who will get the job done and is currently one of the top 10 QB's in the league.

Also, Prisco calling McNown a bust at this point is somewhat of a stretch. We'll see in the next couple of years if that's an accurate label or not but I have a feeling that him sitting on the bench behind Fiedler and Lucas, carrying a clipboard, will allow him to develop into the passer that he was supposed to be coming out of college. :confused:

Please don't assume this has any thing to do with that crap that's going on with you and trekbiz......I just had a question about this post....
I think you contadicted yourself here, bro.
unless it was sarcasm and it went over my head.....if you think Priscoe has a point, that not only playing time but being turned loose to make mistakes as you learn, is the way to groom a QB....then how can you think that carrying a clipboard will improve Cade McNown?
I agree that calling Cade a bust at this point is way too premature, just look at Trent Dilfer as an example. I also agree that carrying a clipboard for a couple of years will help. The point I am after is: How will he improve once he gets playing time when he is coming into one of those regimes that handcuff their signal callers?

Hey look at it this way, Jay is not a GREAT QB! On his best days he might be a good QB. And on his bad days you see why he has jumped from team to team. The point here is can we get someone better in the draft or not. I believe we can. I also believe we had a good shot at taking someone as good if not better last year and passed on him. A big problem here is most guys don't even get a shot at showing what they can do. If Bledsoe didn't get hurt last year would Brady have ever got the chance to shine? The talent is there but sitting on the bench not because they are bad QBs but because the coach has either underestimated that player or is more worried about comfort with his QB than performance. When Jay was throwing interceptions like they were going out of style Wanny stuck with him because he was comfortable with him. Lord knows what Ray or Cade might have done given the chance but Wanny chose to stick with comfort level instead. This year I hope that if Jay falls into the same pitfalls he did last year that Wanny will give these other two guys a chance to show that they can avoid those pitfalls. Maybe we have a brady in the wings we have yet to try! And I hope and pray he drafts a prospect for use next year just in case they fail too! In the end the problem with quality QBs in the league stems from the fact that most people don't take a QB unless they are in the top ten of the draft. which means they were pretty crappy to start with. These same teams throw the poor kid into the fire with that crappy team and then give up on him because he's not dan marino and can carry a team all by himself. Maybe if we got one of these guys with our team he wouldn't have to do it all by himself. But we won't get him if we pick our QB by comfort level instead of performance. Right now I feel Jay is a middle ranked QB in a very poor crop. I do believe we can do a bit better than that! Even a little bit better is an upgrade worth taking and looking for!

Re: Re: Griese with Manning???

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Griese was better than Jay last season with only 1 good WR compared to Jay who had 4 and look at Griese when he has 2 good WR. Griese learned well from his great father.

Food for thought. Fiedler vs Griese head to head:

Dolphins 21 Broncos 10

Passing
BRONCOS CMP ATT YDS PCT YPA SACkS YDS TD INT
Brian Griese 18 33 135 54.5 4.09 1 9 1 1

DOLPHINS CMP ATT YDS PCT YPA SACKS YDS TD INT
Jay Fiedler 18 28 176 64.3 6.29 0 0 1 0

Rushing
BRONCOS ATT YDS AVG LONG TD FUM
Terrell Davis 20 97 4.8 14 0 0
Mike Anderson6 24 4.0 7 0 0
Brian Griese 3 13 4.3 9 0 2
KaRon Coleman2 9 4.5 5 0 0
Tony Carter 1 4 4.0 4 0 0

DOLPHINS ATT YDS AVG LONG TD FUM
Lamar Smith15 36 2.4 10 1 1
Ray Lucas 1 3 3.0 3 0 0
Jay Fiedler 4 2 0.5 3 0 0
Travis Minor 2 1 0.5 2 0 0

Receiving
BRONCOS REC YDS AVG LONG TD FUM
Chris Cole 4 43 10.8 13 0 1
KaRon Coleman 4 32 8.0 9 0 0
Desmond Clark 4 31 7.8 13 1 0
ScottieMontgomery 3 17 5.7 6 0 0
Matt Dominguez 1 12 12.0 12 0 0
Terrell Davis 2 0 0.0 1 0 0

DOLPHINS REC YDS AVG LONG TD FUM
James McKnight 4 56 14.0 25 0 0
Lamar Smith 5 43 8.6 15 0 1
Chris Chambers 3 35 11.7 14 1 0
Dedric Ward 3 27 9.0 11 0 0
Oronde Gadsden 2 11 5.5 6 0 0
Travis Minor 1 4 4.0 4 0 0

I ALMOST FORGOT....

:monkey: pete "the prick" prisco

He's starting to piss me off.

Sorry to disagree with the general mood on this article...

...but I didn't read anything too contentious in it.:confused:

Jay getting big money is a shallow view of his contract. He'll get big money in later years if he proves worthy.

Cade was a "bust" as far as the team that drafted him was concerned and he's a reclamation project for us. His potential remains.

I can't bring myself to soil his name with the monkey over that.:D

Re: Re: Re: Griese with Manning???

Originally posted by breckenridge55

4 GOOD RECEIVERS? Rod Smith is one of the top 3 receivers in the AFC. Chambers is a stretch to make top 10. McKnight wouldn't start anywhere, not even Denver. Gadsden is not a "good" receiver. There are probably 40 better receivers in the NFL than him. And Ward is alright. Not better than OG but solid. We have 1 good receiver, not 4. Anyone who classifies James McKnight (or were you talking about Ogden) a "good receiver" is a 100% total moron. You should be ashamed of yourself. There are Ivy League School backups better than McKnight. Also, Fiedler didn't have a Terrell Davis OR a Mike Anderson. Nor did he have a stud like Nalen up front. Fiedler had NOBODY!

In 2000, McKnight had 900 yards even though he was a third WR for some time that season. That same year, Ward had 800 yards. Gadsden is a pretty good possesion WR, and is an overachiever who works very hard. Chambers is not a top 10 WR yet but will be after this season. The Broncos running game was nothing special this season. And besides Rod Smith, Griese had no one to throw to. Smith is one of the top WR in the league, but you always need a decent second WR. Even JJ Stokes as a second WR (who Garcia has) would of made Griese's stats better.

Re: Re: Re: Griese with Manning???

Originally posted by FinaticalOne

Food for thought. Fiedler vs Griese head to head:

Dolphins 21 Broncos 10

Passing
BRONCOS CMP ATT YDS PCT YPA SACkS YDS TD INT
Brian Griese 18 33 135 54.5 4.09 1 9 1 1

DOLPHINS CMP ATT YDS PCT YPA SACKS YDS TD INT
Jay Fiedler 18 28 176 64.3 6.29 0 0 1 0

Rushing
BRONCOS ATT YDS AVG LONG TD FUM
Terrell Davis 20 97 4.8 14 0 0
Mike Anderson6 24 4.0 7 0 0
Brian Griese 3 13 4.3 9 0 2
KaRon Coleman2 9 4.5 5 0 0
Tony Carter 1 4 4.0 4 0 0

DOLPHINS ATT YDS AVG LONG TD FUM
Lamar Smith15 36 2.4 10 1 1
Ray Lucas 1 3 3.0 3 0 0
Jay Fiedler 4 2 0.5 3 0 0
Travis Minor 2 1 0.5 2 0 0

Receiving
BRONCOS REC YDS AVG LONG TD FUM
Chris Cole 4 43 10.8 13 0 1
KaRon Coleman 4 32 8.0 9 0 0
Desmond Clark 4 31 7.8 13 1 0
ScottieMontgomery 3 17 5.7 6 0 0
Matt Dominguez 1 12 12.0 12 0 0
Terrell Davis 2 0 0.0 1 0 0

DOLPHINS REC YDS AVG LONG TD FUM
James McKnight 4 56 14.0 25 0 0
Lamar Smith 5 43 8.6 15 0 1
Chris Chambers 3 35 11.7 14 1 0
Dedric Ward 3 27 9.0 11 0 0
Oronde Gadsden 2 11 5.5 6 0 0
Travis Minor 1 4 4.0 4 0 0

Look at the WRs Griese had to throw to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And he was up against the best secondary in the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better QBs than Jay:
Peyton Manning
Mark Brunell
Steve McNair (almost made the Pro Bowl, he had the stats)
Kordell Stewart
Tim Couch
Brian Griese
Rich Gannon
Doug Flutie (I would take him over Fiedler if age wasn't an issue. He struggled this year but he is still better and his team was awful)
Donovan McNabb
Aaron Brooks
Michael Vick (he needs to prove himself to stay on this list though)
Brett Favre
Daunte Culpepper
Jeff Garcia
Kurt Warner

There are also some QBs who are as good as Jay and I would rather have Harrington and Carr but they both won't be playing this year.

I know...

I just wanted to put up the numbers from the matchup. Denver's running game was pretty effective I might add.

I like Brian Griese, I wish he was playing for us (for sentimental reasons, of course; the Griese name). But he has not done anything in this league to merit that he is better than Fiedler yet. He has a lot of potential to be a great one though.

Like I said in other posts. With the additions on offense (C. Carter possible signing on the horizon) (I know people are split on this) and keeping the defense in tact (barring injuries), there should be no excuses for Fiedler this year. But IMHO, I think Fiedler will be fine this year.

Back
Top Bottom