CBS bashes Feidler | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CBS bashes Feidler

InFin

The "crap" that was going on is over now, I took something that was said a little personally and responded to it on the MB's when I should've saved it for the PM's.

There's no contridiction there in that Prisco's article addressed coaches tossing the handcuffs on the QB's while on the field; i.e. making them throw a whole ton of dink and dunk passes and only airing it out in obvious and/or rare situations. His article also addressed not allowing QB's to have time to develop since they're often thrust into the starting role and have too much pressure placed on them and can't handle it.

My point about Cade is that this clipboard time will give him some time to sit back, learn a lot about an NFL offensive system without having to have a ton of pressure place upon him. It's also a chance for him to take a couple of steps back and regroup after the beating he took in Chicago.

That was my point, hope it made sense.:lol: :lol:

Everyones running game was successful against the Dolphins this year. :( I also really wanted us to sign Griese last year, but you can't always get what you want.

I'll throw my 2 cents in with a point I always like to make: football is the ultimate team sport making it extremely difficult to compare players against each other. For example, If Dan had played for the Giants (thank goodness he didn't :D ), he would have been just as great, but never would have all those records because both the Giants coaching philosphy and great D would have made it unnecessary to put the ball in the air that often.

That's my point at least, is that putting a QB into a situation where the teams is turning the ball over and/or the D is not stopping the other team will force a QB to throw for his life. There are not too many QBs today that succeed in that scenario and some great ones, i.e. Favre and Manning, have had modest seasons when forced into that predicament.

Quote from Metalhead:

The point here is can we get someone better in the draft or not. I believe we can. I also believe we had a good shot at taking someone as good if not better last year and passed on him

Unfortunately, by the time we get a pick, most decent QBs will be gone. Our best chance to draft a solid QB was last year and we actually could have gotten him (Drew Brees) but we took Jamar instead.

Originally posted by phins054
Quote from Metalhead:

The point here is can we get someone better in the draft or not. I believe we can.
maybe in 2003 if RW does not run for 1500 yards. Are we gonna trash Jay, like Dilfer was trashed, after we win it all this year ? Look what happened to Baltimore. Also, a rookie QB is not gonna be better than Jay unless he's the 2nd coming of you-know-who.

Originally posted by dolphan39
maybe in 2003 if RW does not run for 1500 yards. Are we gonna trash Jay, like Dilfer was trashed, after we win it all this year ? Look what happened to Baltimore. Also, a rookie QB is not gonna be better than Jay unless he's the 2nd coming of you-know-who.

We're going to eventually have to draft a QB. Next year looks to be a good year for QBs. Leftwich, Manning, Simms, Thomas, and Grossman will be in the draft.

If Carson Plamer can show anything this year he'll be a first rounder in the 2003 draft too. He has all the tools he just plays for crappy USC.

Everything I've ever heard about Dorsey is that unless he puts on some serious weight he probably won't even be considered until the later rounds if he's drafted at all. That is unless Spurrier keeps picking up Gators that were good in college but can't play in the pros. If that's the case he may go in the 1st round. :lol: :lol:

Gators?????

Originally posted by Expo88
" That is unless Spurrier keeps picking up Gators that were good in college but can't play in the pros. If that's the case he may go in the 1st round. :lol: :lol:"

Expo 88, I don't know if you were joking or just mistaken, but, as a long time UM fan, I resent you calling Ken Dorsey a Gator.
That could almost be as bad as calling him a jest or a jill
LOL
:monkey: Gaytors, jests, jills
:lol: :lol:

Dude, I'm sorry :( I was so caught up in the whole Spurrier take that I screwed it up. Can you ever forgive me. :lol: :lol:

Re: InFin

The "crap" that was going on is over now, I took something that was said a little personally and responded to it on the MB's when I should've saved it for the PM's.

There's no contridiction there in that Prisco's article addressed coaches tossing the handcuffs on the QB's while on the field; i.e. making them throw a whole ton of dink and dunk passes and only airing it out in obvious and/or rare situations. His article also addressed not allowing QB's to have time to develop since they're often thrust into the starting role and have too much pressure placed on them and can't handle it.

My point about Cade is that this clipboard time will give him some time to sit back, learn a lot about an NFL offensive system without having to have a ton of pressure place upon him. It's also a chance for him to take a couple of steps back and regroup after the beating he took in Chicago.

That was my point, hope it made sense.:lol: :lol:

I understand the under-study theory and I agree that not having the pressure placed on him can help him improve, but he is coming to play for a system that is one of the biggest QB handcuffers you could possibly play for.
So, does that mean when he is done standing on the sidelines,is he done improving?

Dude, I'm sorry :( I was so caught up in the whole Spurrier take that I screwed it up. Can you ever forgive me. :lol: :lol:

No problem.
Just havin fun.
:monkey:gayturds:monkey:jests:monkey:jills

Iceblizzard - did I really just see you rate Kordell Stewart as one of the better QB's in the league? Wow - on the other thread I thought you had him down as a major bust!

;)

Back
Top Bottom