CBS bashes Feidler | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CBS bashes Feidler

Originally posted by Slaine
Iceblizzard - did I really just see you rate Kordell Stewart as one of the better QB's in the league? Wow - on the other thread I thought you had him down as a major bust!

;)
take away the Monday nighter ag/ the Ravens and he probably does not make the Pro Bowl - agreed ?

Originally posted by Slaine
Iceblizzard - did I really just see you rate Kordell Stewart as one of the better QB's in the league? Wow - on the other thread I thought you had him down as a major bust!

;)

I never said Stewart was a major bust, I haven't said anything bad about him (at least since the middle of the last season) He did great when Bettis was injured and moved himself into the ranks of the top 10 QBs in the league (although I don't think he would of been a Pro Bowler if he was in the NFC over McNabb, who is better than Stewart)

InFin

The handcuffs were placed on the offense by necessity not because Chan Gaily is a "dink and dunk" kind of O-Coordinater. He's always liked a lot of high percentage passes but he's also aired it out a lot in his previous offenses. Unfortunately, until Chambers started developing and Fiedler started throwing the way the coaches knew he should later in the season, Gaily didn't have the personell to take the handcuffs off. Towards the second half of the season, things did start to get aired out a lot more than they had during the first half of the season or during the previous season. As evidence of this, ESPN just did a piece that went over all the yards per play for passing (it was on the insider section) and Miami was ranked 4th in the NFL.

The point of this is: Cade is considered a good downfield passer (at least he was coming out of college) and the handcuffs would not be placed on him unless the situation dictated it. In other words, I believe a lot of the "dink and dunk" style of play is necessitated by the personell on the field rather than dictated by what the coaches really want to play.;)

Re: InFin

Originally posted by Expo88
I believe a lot of the "dink and dunk" style of play is necessitated by the personel on the field rather than dictated by what the coaches really want to play.;)

not really true in all case - the West Coast offense is really just the "dink and dunk" style of O. But I know what you mean - look at NE - "dink and dunk" and running the ball won them the SB as well as great ST and D when it counted

The West Coast offense also, in theory, attempts to set up long passes with that dink and dunk. Much of the time these days though, that never happens because the teams just don't have the players to stretch the field for a good verticle passing game. I like to see a little more of it because I miss the days of yore with Marino and Elway dropping bombs on the opposition. :cry:

quote from expo
In other words, I believe a lot of the "dink and dunk" style of play is necessitated by the personell on the field rather than dictated by what the coaches really want to play.

I don't know about that. There are alot of stubborn coaches out there who will play their system no matter who they have on the team.
I think "Lamar Smith, up the middle, again for no gain." is evidence of the way our coaches' mind works.

Originally posted by inFINSible
quote from expo

I don't know about that. There are alot of stubborn coaches out there who will play their system no matter who they have on the team.
I think "Lamar Smith, up the middle, again for no gain." is evidence of the way our coaches' mind works.
Right, I hate that, every play, straight up the middle, smack into a wall of defenders, and then do it again!:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom