CBS story on Fiedler | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CBS story on Fiedler

Originally posted by phinfan34

Ya, thats true. If he can't even get his facts straight about Lucas's record on a website like CBS, then he has major problems.

And the funny thing is they are based out of ft lauderdale so you would think that dolphin info would be the easy for him to get.

Fiedler will never be Dan Marino. Who is? But given more freedom to throw on early downs, making the offense less predictable, he is plenty capable of taking Miami to the Super Bowl -- and even winning it.

I gotta admit, I never thought I'd see a paragraph like that written by Pete Prickso...but then again, why should he NOT support Fiedler? Fiedler is a NY native who coached for a while at Hofstra over on Long Island. To Prickso, Fiedler's gotta be the lone shining member of the Phins.

I think the whole bashing Fiedler thing has died down CONSIDERABLY since the Ray Lucas fiasco. Seriously its not even at an audible murmur except for stupid fans who have too much time and money and create websites like the startbriangriese.com site. Before, QB controversy was never talked about by the national media concerning Miami...but it was always there. Jay Fiedler was one of the most hated men in SoFla. At a Miami Heat game, a camera put his face on the jumbotron to show he was in attendance, and the entire crowd booed the camera shot. That had to be a real low moment for him, I don't care how thick his skin is. But ever since Lucas stumbled stupidly over himself the first time, ever since Lucas tossed his first, second, third, and fourth errant pass into a defender's breadbasket (which would all happen to be on the same day), Fiedler has become one of the most popular Phins in DolfanLand. Everyone now knows what its like to have a QB who can't buy a win. They know that for this year anyway, Fiedler is our guy...especially after seeing Brian Griese struggle.

But on the other hand the only thing suppressing a REAL QB controversy in Miami, is the fact that Fiedler has looked superb so far and Griese has looked below average. Dont underestimate how good Fiedler has looked, he has looked like a Pro Bowler, and I don't use the term lightly.

That sure was a good article on Jay though, I still can't believe Prickso wrote it.

*blatent but probably futile attempt to get the conversation back on topic*

Originally posted by shane_109
jay fiedler is the most underated qb in the nfl

Well, it's close between him and Kerry Collins, but yeah, Jay is right up there.

OK... since it's been over 3 days since anything remotely on-topic has been posted in this thread... I moved the side discussion (which had become the main discussion) into the Lounge...

Thanks for shoppping!

Back
Top Bottom