Cedric | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cedric

Who is the best RB available in the draft?

• C. Benson

Votes: 60 31.6%
  • R. Brown

Votes: 109 57.4%
  • C. Williams

Votes: 17 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 8 4.2%

• Total voters
jnewmant said:
wow you are so optimistic, you think people don't get paid off all the time??? give me a break, you tell me what good players have been caught and prosecuted. Jamal Lewis was caught and prosecuted but since he's an athlete he's serving what a 4-5 month sentence for what most people would get ten years for, the fact of the matter is the judge saw it as a small crime and since he probably had a UT shirt on up under his robe his acquitted him of all charges

I am not optimistic, I am just stating the fact that the charges were dropped due to lack of evidence. So in other words, you are saying he has a problem with something when all of the proof you have shows that it isnt true. Its the equivalent of me hearing through a random person that you might have molested a 3 year old, then I use it against you and automatically believe you are guilty of it. Innocent till proven guilty.

outtawack311 said:
I am not optimistic, I am just stating the fact that the charges were dropped due to lack of evidence. So in other words, you are saying he has a problem with something when all of the proof you have shows that it isnt true. Its the equivalent of me hearing through a random person that you might have molested a 3 year old, then I use it against you and automatically believe you are guilty of it. Innocent till proven guilty.

Yes he was aquitted of those charges, but it was because of lost evidence, making it lack there of. Supposedly he was never really in possession though. It was found on a table where he stood.

He has had a few runins with the law, and was convicted on one charge.

Does it make him a bad person? Not in my eyes, but one can only hope that he learned a lesson from these incidents.

That said I'll take the Hummer2...... :)

I just find it funny how Ronnie Brown's slowest time gets listed against Bensons best time. If Benson had worked out at the combine he would have an official time to compare as well. If you want to go for best times. it's 4.51 for Benson and 4.35 for R. Brown. Not to say that that alone makes a great RB.

csabe said:
I just find it funny how Ronnie Brown's slowest time gets listed against Bensons best time. If Benson had worked out at the combine he would have an official time to compare as well. If you want to go for best times. it's 4.51 for Benson and 4.35 for R. Brown. Not to say that that alone makes a great RB.

The 4.35 was unofficial.

outtawack311 said:
The 4.35 was unofficial.

Yeah I know and so are all of Bensons time because he chose not to run at the combine.

csabe said:
Yeah I know and so are all of Bensons time because he chose not to run at the combine.

Plus no site denied that Brown ran that 4.3, they just called it unofficial, and list his official 4.4.

Yet almost every where I've read says that Benson's time was no faster than a 4.55, with two runs of 4.6. One article says 4.51 and thats the time everyone gives him.

Players 40 times mean didly squat when it's a matter of less than a second, but when a Rb such as Benson runs at a supposed "slow track" it makes you wonder why?

I think He made a real bad choice by not running at the combine. Then again there might be a team or two that want him purely because he can just plain run the football, but it looks like it might have cost him about 6-10 million bucks. :shakeno:

The link on this thread just solidifies why I wouldn't take Benson over Brown. He didn't show up in any of the four games against Oklahoma. Hell, his freshman year he literally didn't show up. :roflmao:

Ozzy said:
Plus no site denied that Brown ran that 4.3, they just called it unofficial, and list his official 4.4.

Yet almost every where I've read says that Benson's time was no faster than a 4.55, with two runs of 4.6. One article says 4.51 and thats the time everyone gives him.

Players 40 times mean didly squat when it's a matter of less than a second, but when a Rb such as Benson runs at a supposed "slow track" it makes you wonder why?

I think He made a real bad choice by not running at the combine. Then again there might be a team or two that want him purely because he can just plain run the football, but it looks like it might have cost him about 6-10 million bucks. :shakeno:

Very true and a sad fact of the NFL. The thing that impressed most of the NFL scouts was that Brown and Caddy were willing to show up at the combine and do most of the workouts when most of the top players never do so. They had everything to lose by working out but were not afraid to showcase their abilities. Speaks highly of the confidence & charachter of both backs.

csabe said:
Very true and a sad fact of the NFL. The thing that impressed most of the NFL scouts was that Brown and Caddy were willing to show up at the combine and do most of the workouts when most of the top players never do so. They had everything to lose by working out but were not afraid to showcase their abilities. Speaks highly of the confidence & charachter of both backs.

It almost seemed to me that they went to have some fun, while at the same time working.

I'll take that kind of football player over any other.....

benson is chunky, and good at blocking, he will be like Bettis

T tes said:
I said it before and ill say it again. Cedric got most of his yardage after contact. NFL players tackle alot better then college players and Cedric wont get a many yards as you guys think.

lol@this... so since auburns offensive line gave their backs gaping holes and they didn't have to break tackles to gain yards is a good thing? the fact that cedric had to make people miss and break tackles and yet still had great seasons you are now using against him? haha oh god now ive seen it all...

Back
Top Bottom