Cedric | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cedric

Who is the best RB available in the draft?

• C. Benson

Votes: 60 31.6%
  • R. Brown

Votes: 109 57.4%
  • C. Williams

Votes: 17 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 8 4.2%

• Total voters
outtawack311 said:
That is speculation. What I said is fact, the charges were dropped. Why would he get away with it while good players are caught all the time? What money does he have to pay off people, he is a college football player and they dont get paid. Also, if UT paid them off somehow dont you think it would be one of the biggest scandals in sports history? I do.
wow you are so optimistic, you think people don't get paid off all the time??? give me a break, you tell me what good players have been caught and prosecuted. Jamal Lewis was caught and prosecuted but since he's an athlete he's serving what a 4-5 month sentence for what most people would get ten years for, the fact of the matter is the judge saw it as a small crime and since he probably had a UT shirt on up under his robe his acquitted him of all charges

texasPHINSfan said:
is this guy ^^ for real?
i dont see what the problem is? Mel Kiper like the all purpose guy but the best pure power runner in my opinion is cedric benson. i know that benson supporters are rare around here.

Ducken said:
this needs to go to the draft fourum

Absolutely. It does not relate completely to the Dolphins and thus must be moved to the draft forum.

Just leave it alone. if the mods wanted it moved then the would have moved it 3 days ago when i made this thread

M3590NJ973 said:
i dont see what the problem is? Mel Kiper like the all purpose guy but the best pure power runner in my opinion is cedric benson. i know that benson supporters are rare around here.
no - the point has nothing to do with being supporters or not...

my point was some people can't like the guy for his great times he posted at the combine, the fact he DID work out at the combine, or for HOW he played during the year?

you had previously assumed that because someone liked Ronnie Brown that they did so just because the draft experts liked him. that is an absurd comment.

Jaj said:
Absolutely. It does not relate completely to the Dolphins and thus must be moved to the draft forum.
Come on Jaj, you're better than this.

don't resort to this. at least this is somewhat dolphins related. we come here to talk about football, not religion.

This whole thing is being overblown. Benson ran a 4.51 on an even slower track than the one Brown ran his official 4.45 on. That's not THAT much slower and we all new that Brown had a little bit better straight-line speed. I think Benson will slide out of the top 10 and be a major steal for Houston I'm guessing.

I'm having my fun Texas. I've had a problem with this for so many years. Don't worry I'll call of my crusade after the day is over :roflmao:

all three are gonna be studs in this league. But I don't blame the Fins for shying away from Ricky idolizers after what happened last offseason. I'd take the guy with the best breakaway speed and a more durable frame anyday.

Benson may be a better between the tackles runner, but Brown is more of a complete back and fits Linehan's system better. I've heard that some scouts say that Brown has the best hands in this draft, including wide receivers.

Reminds me of the debate between Ricky Williams and Edgerrin James. The Colts took James over Williams because he could do so much more for their style of offense. No doubt that RW is a better pure runner than James, but James is a faster runner outside the tackles and can be used more effectively as a receiver out of the backfield. I only saw Ronnie Brown in a few games this year, but was very impressed with his abilities as a receiver. He has a much greater upside than Benson IMO.

M3590NJ973 said:
james was in the same draft as ricky?

Don't you remember the shocker of 99? James being selected before Ricky?

Back
Top Bottom