Cedric | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cedric

Who is the best RB available in the draft?

• C. Benson

Votes: 60 31.6%
  • R. Brown

Votes: 109 57.4%
  • C. Williams

Votes: 17 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 8 4.2%

• Total voters
JTaylor99 said:
Exactly that's what I was saying. I'd rather pick the guy who proved again and again every year how great he is.

So you want the guy who couldnt show up in big games? Cuz if thats who you want then all the power to ya. And by the way, Brown has proven himself in college, when Caddy went out for the season last year, Brown ran for over a thousand yards, and this year he got around a thousand yards....so dont say Brown is hasnt proven himself every year.

I would vote for Cedric .... houston. He would be A LOT cheaper and give about the same production. Just my 40% of a nickel.

finz99 said:
So you want the guy who couldnt show up in big games? Cuz if thats who you want then all the power to ya. And by the way, Brown has proven himself in college, when Caddy went out for the season last year, Brown ran for over a thousand yards, and this year he got around a thousand yards....so dont say Brown is hasnt proven himself every year.
Woo, around a thousand yards, benson had four 1000 yard seasons

I like Benson a lot more than Brown but the reality is Benson is just not the back for this offense. No matter how much I like him he is no where near as versatile as Caddy or Brown which Linehan likes to use in his offenses.

None of these guys looks like he has distanced himself from the others. And personally I think we will get one in latter rounds. I see us grabbing one of the 2 QB's with first pick. Because I think Saban wants a Qb to call his own to groom to be his guy.

This isn't about stats (fantasy football) or the combine. The guy who has the best overall package of skills is Ronnie Brown. He can do everything well. He has great size, speed, and is far better than other backs in the passing game. His blocking and ability to run over people or take it the house in the NFL is why he is rated so highly. One thing that really bothers most about Benson is his dissapearing in big games even though he put up great #'s against lesser opposition. Ronnie Brown doesn't have the same college workload to compare, but that can be a benefit with less wear and tear for a power style RB.
M3590NJ973 said:
Woo, around a thousand yards, benson had four 1000 yard seasons

I think from watching Brown play that he is more powerful, faster, and a better receiver and blocker then Benson.

Also shows up in big games.

imo caddy will be better than both of them. if saban is going rb in the 1st, i hope he can trade down to 7 or 8 and take caddy there. williams is a threat to take it to the farm on every play; imo you can't say that about the other two guys.

I would LOVE Brown or Benson.......but ive been behind Benson since day one, so I gotta stick with him!

BUT......I would rather get Edwards or Smtih with the 2nd pick and get a RB in about the 3rd round.

Back
Top Bottom