Cedric | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cedric

Who is the best RB available in the draft?

• C. Benson

Votes: 60 31.6%
  • R. Brown

Votes: 109 57.4%
  • C. Williams

Votes: 17 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 8 4.2%

• Total voters
Phinadict said:
I think the 3 top RBs are fairly close when you measure everything about what they will bring to the NFL table. Personally, I am leaning toward Brown because he has the skills, he has the head, he has the heart, and he has proven he is not afraid of competition. I know this has beed debated, but I believe that the fact he doesn't have a lot of mileage on him is a plus as well.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: BENSON IS THE NEXT RB OF THE MIAMI DOLPHINS HE IS BETTER THAN BROWN JUST LIKE HOSTILE 7 SAID BENSON IS FAST AND HE HAS PROVEN HE CAN MAKE IT IN THE NFL BROWN HAD HELP (CADDY) BUT BENSON DIDNT HAVE HELP CADDY HELPED WEAR DOWN THE D AND THAT HELPED BROWN GET WHAT YARDS HE DID GET THINK OF IT THIS WAY PUT ALEXANDER AND EDGE ON THE SAME TEAM AND NOBODY CAN STOP THEM FOR 4 QUATERS BECAUSE BOTH OF THEM TOGETHER WILL WEAR DOWN A D FENCE KINDA LIKE BROWN AND CADDY SO IMO BENSON IS THE BEST RB COMMING OUT OF COLLEGE HANDS DOWN THE NEXT RB OF THE MIAMI DOLPHINS CEDRIC BENSON:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Cedric might be better than Ronnie Brown, but don't compare him to Ricky Williams. Ricky put better stats in the NFL than cedric did in the NCAA

If you think Cedric Benson is better than Ronnie Brown, I got some ocean front property in Arizona I'd like to sell you...

jnewmant said:
w/o the pot problem??? http://www.houstonprofootball.com/draft/prospects/bensonc.html
"Also like Williams, Benson has had some off-the-field issues. He plead guilty to misdemeanor trespass for a 2003 incident in which he broke down the door of an apartment where he believed that property stolen from him was being held. In 2002, he was charged with marijuana possession for being at a party where pot was found, but prosecutors dropped the case because they could not link the drugs to him. While these infractions are relatively minor, together they may indicate a pattern of poor decisions by Benson. " Brown is faster, just as hard of a runner, he has better hands, and he's an intellegent guy

You are missing the point. He doesn't have a pot problem because the charges were dropped, he is innocent. I am not sure how it works where you live, but I know in America he is innocent untill/unless proven guilty.

The problem I really have with brown is his inability to make a guy miss a tackle. His field vision is that of a blind man, plus he lacks the balance to break tackles. I personally think field vision, ability to make a guy miss, and the ability to break tackles are the most important parts of being a running back and those 3 skills are what Brown is lacking.

jason_taylor said:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: BENSON IS THE NEXT RB OF THE MIAMI DOLPHINS HE IS BETTER THAN BROWN JUST LIKE HOSTILE 7 SAID BENSON IS FAST AND HE HAS PROVEN HE CAN MAKE IT IN THE NFL BROWN HAD HELP (CADDY) BUT BENSON DIDNT HAVE HELP CADDY HELPED WEAR DOWN THE D AND THAT HELPED BROWN GET WHAT YARDS HE DID GET THINK OF IT THIS WAY PUT ALEXANDER AND EDGE ON THE SAME TEAM AND NOBODY CAN STOP THEM FOR 4 QUATERS BECAUSE BOTH OF THEM TOGETHER WILL WEAR DOWN A D FENCE KINDA LIKE BROWN AND CADDY SO IMO BENSON IS THE BEST RB COMMING OUT OF COLLEGE HANDS DOWN THE NEXT RB OF THE MIAMI DOLPHINS CEDRIC BENSON:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Not at the #2 pick. There are rumors coming from ESPN & Pro Football Weekly that he might not even go in the top 10 at this point. Just stating the facts, also he doesn't have the field vision of a blind man. That comment is laughable.:shakeno:

Well, Brown did rush for those 1000 yards in 2002 season in just 6 starts. He probably could have rushed for 2000 that year if he had started every game.In 2003 the OC barely used him because he was brain dead and Auburn lost 5 games. In 2004 he rushed for almost a 1000, was the teams second leading receiver and Auburn goes undefeated. Go figure. He's a freak.

I actually thought Gore was the hightest potential pro back before he hurt his knees. That sucked. Talk about a talented running back! Heck he's still pretty damn good IMHO and will make a good pick up to an NFL team. But when Gore got hurt, you have to move Brown up to the top spot. Notice: this is not about the best college back. Caddy was clearly the best college back in America and that part of the reason why Brown didn't get so many touches and is truly a testiment to jut how good Auburn's running back duo was last year. But at the next level Brown has all the tools I think.

outtawack311 said:
You are missing the point. He doesn't have a pot problem because the charges were dropped, he is innocent. I am not sure how it works where you live, but I know in America he is innocent untill/unless proven guilty.

The problem I really have with brown is his inability to make a guy miss a tackle. His field vision is that of a blind man, plus he lacks the balance to break tackles. I personally think field vision, ability to make a guy miss, and the ability to break tackles are the most important parts of being a running back and those 3 skills are what Brown is lacking.
or maybe the charges were dropped because he was the star running back at the university of texas i don't know how things work where you live but money talks.

goozer said:
Well, Brown did rush for those 1000 yards in 2002 season in just 6 starts. He probably could have rushed for 2000 that year if he had started every game.In 2003 the OC barely used him because he was brain dead and Auburn lost 5 games. In 2004 he rushed for almost a 1000, was the teams second leading receiver and Auburn goes undefeated. Go figure. He's a freak.

I actually thought Gore was the hightest potential pro back before he hurt his knees. That sucked. Talk about a talented running back! Heck he's still pretty damn good IMHO and will make a good pick up to an NFL team. But when Gore got hurt, you have to move Brown up to the top spot. Notice: this is not about the best college back. Caddy was clearly the best college back in America and that part of the reason why Brown didn't get so many touches and is truly a testiment to jut how good Auburn's running back duo was last year. But at the next level Brown has all the tools I think.
gore, WHY?

I said it before and ill say it again. Cedric got most of his yardage after contact. NFL players tackle alot better then college players and Cedric wont get a many yards as you guys think.

I rather have Arrington or shelton....both are as good as any running back in this draft and won't cost as much to select. I would hope with the new offense the Dolphins would get away from the past few years of run, run, run....punt.

M3590NJ973 said:
i just can't get past the fact the R. Brown was a backup in collage last year. i do agree he is good though
HE SHARED CARRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont have a link to post, but they siad on Total Access, that ronnie brown had the best hands of anyone in the draft (including wide recievers). When Cadillac was playing tailback, it wasn't like Brown was on the bench. he lined up at wide reciever or fullback every play when carnell was the tailback. Enough with the split carries talk, brown is versatile enough to play more than one position and the undefeated Auburn Tigers took advantage of that.

jnewmant said:
or maybe the charges were dropped because he was the star running back at the university of texas i don't know how things work where you live but money talks.

That is speculation. What I said is fact, the charges were dropped. Why would he get away with it while good players are caught all the time? What money does he have to pay off people, he is a college football player and they dont get paid. Also, if UT paid them off somehow dont you think it would be one of the biggest scandals in sports history? I do.

Back
Top Bottom