Chad Greenway... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad Greenway...

I think people are going to get way too overboard on this combine stuff. You see it on TV now and you think this makes the player. Either you are a football player or you are not. Its like the wonderlic. Now everyone thinks VY is an idiot. But thats not what they will be saying when he is making play after play.

Austin Tatious said:
Greenway is wildly overrated. He has no explosion at all as an athlete. I hope we go nowhere near him.

ummmm, ill take a coaches view over a fan who probably hasnt watched much Greenway at all.

Greenway is a playmaker. He has a nose for the ball, but doing the bench press only 16 times is very weak for a linebacker; especially a 3-4 LB where he will take on OL more often than playing in a 4-3 defense. I still would be happy drafting him, but our new strength coach better make him his special project.

The bench press is about as meaningless as they come as far as lifts go. Things that require quick snaps like cleans and legs muscles like squats are much more important for a football players.

And if you know anything about Coach Doyle and Iowa's lifting program you'd know not to look too far into Greenway's low bench, he's got it where it counts.

Greenway is NOT overrated by any means. Chad and Abdul Hodge carried an Iowa defense that replaced their ENTIRE D-Line on their backs all season. It'd be a steal to get him at 16.

I like Greenway, I think he would be a great replacment for Seau, and for years to come

OTackle50 said:
The bench press is about as meaningless as they come as far as lifts go. Things that require quick snaps like cleans and legs muscles like squats are much more important for a football players.

And if you know anything about Coach Doyle and Iowa's lifting program you'd know not to look too far into Greenway's low bench, he's got it where it counts.

Greenway is NOT overrated by any means. Chad and Abdul Hodge carried an Iowa defense that replaced their ENTIRE D-Line on their backs all season. It'd be a steal to get him at 16.
So trying to push a lineman out of the way on a blitz package has no upper body strength to it, it just happens to be all in the legs. Don't think so bro, you obvisouly don't know much about the bench press and its direct connection to onfield play. Ask Zach why he can't move Mawae.

What scares me is he looks ripped and strong and he only did 16?

Even worse he ran a 4.70

I was hopeing to be impressed with him today but I wasnt

I'm pretty sure a 228 lb Zach Thomas could lift that thing over 30 times pretty easily. How much does Greenway and all his talent weigh?

Alex22 said:
What scares me is he looks ripped and strong and he only did 16?

Even worse he ran a 4.70

I was hopeing to be impressed with him today but I wasnt
Well now you know there's a little difference between looking strong and being it. :wink:

16 reps on the bench press is pathetic for a man of that size. That being said, the bench press is a terrible indicator of on-field strength. Everything done on the field will recruit the use of leg muscles, which are absent from the bench. Clean and jerk like someone mentioned before me or even the squat would be a much better test. I think they use bench press in part because of its popularity and also the ease of measure.

Greenway had a great college career, so it's hard to write that off due to a bad day of workouts. However, I watched their bowl game against Florida and the player who stuck out to me most on that defense was Abdul Hodge. The guy made 19 tackles, breaking the Outback Bowl record. He was flying all over the place. He's listed on the team site at 6'2 234. Best of all he's from Fort Lauderdale. I'm hoping we give this guy a look.

I'm not as high on Greenway as most. I've only seen him play about 3 times and he wasn't a major factor. Especially in their bowl game, you'd expect the star player to shine in the big game but he was basically non-existent against Florida, had maybe 2 tackles tops. While his teammate Abdul Hodge outshined him greatly breaking the Outback Bowl record for tackles.

I think its a very big deal that he only did 16 reps. Playing Outside linebacker is all about shedding blockers and taking on the lead blockers (pulling lineman and fullbacks) with your shoulder. That all has to do with your bench press, squat and clean. If he only did 16 reps, that would be a big question mark.

Dolfan5000 said:
I'm pretty sure a 228 lb Zach Thomas could lift that thing over 30 times pretty easily. How much does Greenway and all his talent weigh?

240ish

SpeedRush99 said:
Under acheivers make me sick, hopefully he's sick or something and it's making him weaker than usual. I really liked this kid before I saw he did less than freaking JAY CUTLER...

Back
Top Bottom